Messaging Notifications no longer show up on the lock screen

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I am running Anniversary Update on W10M on my 950 XL and i noticed that i am missing a lot of text messages. When i get a new text message if the device is locked or sleeping nothing happens. There is no sound/vibration/ or text message toast. The only thing that happens is the little messaging symbol on the device continues to count up. So if the device is in my pocket or sitting on my desk i never know if i get a new text message unless i wake up the device or sign in.

I tried to look for settings for this somewhere to see if this was something that got turned on during the upgrade. I am just trying to find out what is doing this and how to fix it. It has to be a bug right? I can't see this being a feature change that MS would implement without people going crazy up in arms. I remember this happened a long time ago very earlier in the insider preview for builds prior to 10166 but this is essentially the AU that will be pushed to the general public a few days from now.

Does anyone know what is going on here or have the same issue?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
you've double checked in settings >notifications to check that notifications are on for messaging? Especially when locked -sounds, banners etc
Also check to see if messaging can run in the background

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
you've double checked in settings >notifications to check that notifications are on for messaging? Especially when locked -sounds, banners etc
Also check to see if messaging can run in the background

Thank you, you solved my problem. For some reason "show notifications on lock screen" pill switch was turned off. I have no idea why, i didn't even know that option was there so i dont see how i could have turned it off, maybe it turned off during one of the insider builds updates. Or it is off by default? But i highly doubt that. Anyways i solved the issue, thank you, at least i know it is not a bug. I like to be notified when i get text messages but i have made them private so now that every time i get a message it says "Messaging...Private" which is pretty nice.

vkakouras

May 14, 2015
Visit site
What if messaging is not present at all in notifications ? And I do have allowed the messaging app to run in the background. I thought of reseting the app but I don't know how in Windows 10 M Anniversary. I know how in PC version but don't know how in mobile. Any other advice before hard reset ?

Johanka S

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I have similiar problem with mesages, they're not showing on the lock screen nor the tiles. Messenger notifications still works, call notifications too, it's just messages. All the settings are good, I have no idea what happened there.
also my Gmail client doesn't work at all, new emails stopped loading 27.7.2016 and nothing since then. I can't control it at all, refresh button or any other doesn't work... Where's the problem??

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I have similiar problem with mesages, they're not showing on the lock screen nor the tiles. Messenger notifications still works, call notifications too, it's just messages. All the settings are good, I have no idea what happened there.
also my Gmail client doesn't work at all, new emails stopped loading 27.7.2016 and nothing since then. I can't control it at all, refresh button or any other doesn't work... Where's the problem??

Make a soft reset (hold vol down + power 15 secs)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte