09-10-2016 11:45 PM
67 123
tools
    MS seem to not care about fixing this calendar tile issue despite all the feedback about it. I started a thread on MS Answer forum, please help vote and comment there as well and maybe we can get more attention on it.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...3-639f55443d7b
    Voted
    skinnypig118 likes this.
    08-23-2016 07:46 AM
    Seems like bug is there for Insiders and non Insiders,despite being on different builds and Calendar versions.
    08-23-2016 08:12 AM
    MS seem to not care about fixing this calendar tile issue despite all the feedback about it. I started a thread on MS Answer forum, please help vote and comment there as well and maybe we can get more attention on it.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...3-639f55443d7b
    I have this issue in one of my devices too (lumia 535). outlook calendar tile and outlook mail tile are not updating. From what I have seen its a common issue. In general there are problems with tile updates on w10mobile. Maps tile and News tile are not updating also in that particular device. The problem is persistent even after a hard reset. The only way they can solve problems like these is they start using a windows 10 device daily themselves and debug it in visual studio when the problem appears until they fix it. Notifications , Tiles, Battery drains etc are bugs that shouldn't exist after many months from the official launch of the OS yet those basic features are buggy in a significant proportion of the devices.
    Rinsun likes this.
    08-23-2016 11:51 PM
    I got an update to Outlook Mail & Calendar on my laptop and the tile shows more than one reminder ,one of which is a birthday today & the other an Indian holiday /festival tomorrow.But both of them are being shown as 'Tomorrow All Day'
    Version 17.7167.40727.0
    I have not yet received any update on my mobile .
    I hope this resizing to update Mail & Calendar tile bug gets corrected soon.
    Also the News tile does not update unless I open the app .There was no such problem with tiles on Threshold 2.
    The purpose of having live tiles for the user to get current updates from the start screen itself is lost with these non updating tiles.
    08-24-2016 04:12 AM
    I got an update to Mail & Calendar on my phone today .Now showing more than one Calendar events.
    I have to wait till midnight to see whether tile updates with change of date.
    09-02-2016 07:19 AM
    I got an update to Mail & Calendar on my phone today .Now showing more than one Calendar events.
    I have to wait till midnight to see whether tile updates with change of date.
    Nice. In the meantime, try the bigger size of the live tile
    Rinsun likes this.
    09-02-2016 10:09 AM
    Nice. In the meantime, try the bigger size of the live tile
    I do use the wide tile which is the bigger one in phone (small,medium,wide),isn't it ?
    Do your Outlook Mail & Calendar live tiles update normally nowadays ?
    09-02-2016 10:16 AM
    I do use the wide tile which is the bigger one in phone (small,medium,wide),isn't it ?
    Do your Outlook Mail & Calendar live tiles update normally nowadays ?
    On my 650 RS2 fast ring, small and medium stopped working, I must resize them everytime after an event.
    Bigger shows correctly all events flipping. I'll try today if updates itself on midnight.
    But I hate the date on the full right side, I want it centered or elsewhere

UPDATE: big tile doesnt update events during day >.<
    Rinsun and 920Walker like this.
    09-02-2016 10:18 AM
    With non Insider and till today wide tile also did not change date at midnight and also needed resizing after an event.Mail tile (I use the small one)had to be resized to update.
    Let me see what happens today.It's now 8:54 pm local time in India.
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    09-02-2016 10:24 AM
    Only with the windows device recovery tool I found solution to this issue. For some strange reason hard reset alone didn't work. Hope it doesn't break again.
    Rinsun likes this.
    09-02-2016 10:52 AM
    Only with the windows device recovery tool I found solution to this issue. For some strange reason hard reset alone didn't work. Hope it doesn't break again.
    So much hard work required to get something basic to OS working ! There should be a solution to this from Microsoft .
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    09-02-2016 10:57 AM
    On my 650 RS2 fast ring, small and medium stopped working, I must resize them everytime after an event.
    Bigger shows correctly all events flipping. I'll try today if updates itself on midnight.

The tile did not update at midnight.I had to resize it to update it .Terribly annoying !
    09-02-2016 01:40 PM
    I am using My Calendar app, which has a useful live tile and works well. Although my outlook calendar tile works too.

May be give it a try?
    Rinsun likes this.
    09-02-2016 02:05 PM
    I am using My Calendar app, which has a useful live tile and works well. Although my outlook calendar tile works too.

May be give it a try?
    Thanks ! I have OneCalendar on my phone and it shows 3 events/reminders upto 7 days ahead.But it does not sync Cortana reminders.Does My Calendar sync Cortana reminders ?
    09-03-2016 12:15 AM

I contacted Microsoft India Support and they advised me to use the WDRT to roll back to 8.1 and then upgrade again as it is a software issue .
    Maurizio Troso and 920Walker like this.
    09-03-2016 12:18 AM
    Is it working okay ?
    09-03-2016 12:30 AM
    Is it working okay ?
    Yes all fine for the past two days. Hope it keeps that way.
    Rinsun likes this.
    09-03-2016 03:02 AM
    Yes all fine for the past two days. Hope it keeps that way.
    Thanks !
    09-03-2016 04:14 AM
    I contacted Microsoft India Support and they advised me to use the WDRT to roll back to 8.1 and then upgrade again as it is a software issue .
    Yeah, but WDRT is like their canned fallback response for fixing everything under the sun. FWIW I too finally did the WDRT rollback (man it was painful) and my live tile updated itself last night for the first time in months! I really hope it stays that way, but I would not be surprised if a future app or OS update breaks it again. I have no more faith in MS' ability to maintain a functional live tile.
    Rinsun and 920Walker like this.
    09-03-2016 07:16 AM
    Yeah, but WDRT is like their canned fallback response for fixing everything under the sun. FWIW I too finally did the WDRT rollback (man it was painful) and my live tile updated itself last night for the first time in months! I really hope it stays that way, but I would not be surprised if a future app or OS update breaks it again. I have no more faith in MS' ability to maintain a functional live tile.
    Yes I know that they offer soft reset ,hard reset and then WDRT. They had no idea whether future app updates or Cumulative Updates will help.
    I too am in the process of WDRT right now but it IS a painful process.This is the first time I am doing it and it is already trying my patience.I just hope I never have to go through this process again !

BTW,did you do a hard reset at the end ?
    Thanks !
    09-03-2016 09:22 AM
    Now I wish I thought of that but I didn't
    Rinsun likes this.
    09-03-2016 10:08 AM
    Now I wish I thought of that but I didn't
    But it doesn't matter that you did not do a hard reset, your tiles are working at least for now .
    In spite of WDRT,my Calendar tile did not update at midnight ,extremely frustrating !
    I am sorry I can not recall ,but are you an Insider ? Which build are you on ? I am a non Insider on 14393.67
    09-03-2016 01:51 PM
    But it doesn't matter that you did not do a hard reset, your tiles are working at least for now .
    In spite of WDRT,my Calendar tile did not update at midnight ,extremely frustrating !
    I am sorry I can not recall ,but are you an Insider ? Which build are you on ? I am a non Insider on 14393.67
    Sorry to hear that! Yes I was insider, currently on .103 release preview build

This is messed up. If even WDRT didn't fix it you definitely should let support know and tell them to get the dev team to FIX THE DAMN BUG instead of asking their users jump through these stupid hoops.
    Rinsun likes this.
    09-04-2016 06:50 AM
    Sorry to hear that! Yes I was insider, currently on .103 release preview build

This is messed up. If even WDRT didn't fix it you definitely should let support know and tell them to get the dev team to FIX THE DAMN BUG instead of asking their users jump through these stupid hoops.
    I have given a feedback again about WDRT not helping in solving the problem.
    I will wait for the next Cumulative Update to see if it provides a fix.I got this bug only after I got the AU (.67).It was fine on Th2.
    I also am having the problem that reminders/events I set in my mobile are not showing up on my laptop in Outlook Calendar.I noticed this today.I wonder if it has something to do with my outlook.com account not yet migrated to the new live account.
    There was an article in WC about this-
    Outlook.com's upgrade completion date is still up in the air | Windows Central
    09-04-2016 07:57 AM
    The tile did not update at midnight.I had to resize it to update it .Terribly annoying !
    I have the same problem. I was hoping that it will be resolved after the update of MS calendar but it is not.
    Rinsun likes this.
    09-04-2016 11:51 AM
67 123