Calendar tile Anniversary Update

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I discovered that my calendar tile also does not change date at midnight ,I have to resize from wide to medium tile then again to wide tile to make it update.
I have left feedback and upvoted others (there are many others) facing same issue.I also left feedback about more than one appointments.

MS seem to not care about fixing this calendar tile issue despite all the feedback about it. I started a thread on MS Answer forum, please help vote and comment there as well and maybe we can get more attention on it.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...te-turns/05be8e5d-72b0-4416-a1d3-639f55443d7b

gjbcapital

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
MS seem to not care about fixing this calendar tile issue despite all the feedback about it. I started a thread on MS Answer forum, please help vote and comment there as well and maybe we can get more attention on it.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...te-turns/05be8e5d-72b0-4416-a1d3-639f55443d7b

I have this issue in one of my devices too (lumia 535). outlook calendar tile and outlook mail tile are not updating. From what I have seen its a common issue. In general there are problems with tile updates on w10mobile. Maps tile and News tile are not updating also in that particular device. The problem is persistent even after a hard reset. The only way they can solve problems like these is they start using a windows 10 device daily themselves and debug it in visual studio when the problem appears until they fix it. Notifications , Tiles, Battery drains etc are bugs that shouldn't exist after many months from the official launch of the OS yet those basic features are buggy in a significant proportion of the devices.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I got an update to Outlook Mail & Calendar on my laptop and the tile shows more than one reminder ,one of which is a birthday today & the other an Indian holiday /festival tomorrow.But both of them are being shown as 'Tomorrow All Day'
Version 17.7167.40727.0
I have not yet received any update on my mobile .
I hope this resizing to update Mail & Calendar tile bug gets corrected soon.
Also the News tile does not update unless I open the app .There was no such problem with tiles on Threshold 2.
The purpose of having live tiles for the user to get current updates from the start screen itself is lost with these non updating tiles.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I got an update to Mail & Calendar on my phone today .Now showing more than one Calendar events.
I have to wait till midnight to see whether tile updates with change of date.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I do use the wide tile which is the bigger one in phone (small,medium,wide),isn't it ?
Do your Outlook Mail & Calendar live tiles update normally nowadays ?

On my 650 RS2 fast ring, small and medium stopped working, I must resize them everytime after an event.
Bigger shows correctly all events flipping. I'll try today if updates itself on midnight.
But I hate the date on the full right side, I want it centered or elsewhere

UPDATE: big tile doesnt update events during day >.<

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
With non Insider and till today wide tile also did not change date at midnight and also needed resizing after an event.Mail tile (I use the small one)had to be resized to update.
Let me see what happens today.It's now 8:54 pm local time in India.

gjbcapital

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Only with the windows device recovery tool I found solution to this issue. For some strange reason hard reset alone didn't work. Hope it doesn't break again.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Only with the windows device recovery tool I found solution to this issue. For some strange reason hard reset alone didn't work. Hope it doesn't break again.

So much hard work required to get something basic to OS working ! There should be a solution to this from Microsoft .

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
On my 650 RS2 fast ring, small and medium stopped working, I must resize them everytime after an event.
Bigger shows correctly all events flipping. I'll try today if updates itself on midnight.

The tile did not update at midnight.I had to resize it to update it .Terribly annoying !

Mach_E

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I am using My Calendar app, which has a useful live tile and works well. Although my outlook calendar tile works too.

May be give it a try?

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I am using My Calendar app, which has a useful live tile and works well. Although my outlook calendar tile works too.

May be give it a try?

Thanks ! I have OneCalendar on my phone and it shows 3 events/reminders upto 7 days ahead.But it does not sync Cortana reminders.Does My Calendar sync Cortana reminders ?

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site

I contacted Microsoft India Support and they advised me to use the WDRT to roll back to 8.1 and then upgrade again as it is a software issue .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel