Calendar tile Anniversary Update

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I contacted Microsoft India Support and they advised me to use the WDRT to roll back to 8.1 and then upgrade again as it is a software issue .

Yeah, but WDRT is like their canned fallback response for fixing everything under the sun. FWIW I too finally did the WDRT rollback (man it was painful) and my live tile updated itself last night for the first time in months! I really hope it stays that way, but I would not be surprised if a future app or OS update breaks it again. I have no more faith in MS' ability to maintain a functional live tile.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, but WDRT is like their canned fallback response for fixing everything under the sun. FWIW I too finally did the WDRT rollback (man it was painful) and my live tile updated itself last night for the first time in months! I really hope it stays that way, but I would not be surprised if a future app or OS update breaks it again. I have no more faith in MS' ability to maintain a functional live tile.

Yes I know that they offer soft reset ,hard reset and then WDRT. They had no idea whether future app updates or Cumulative Updates will help.
I too am in the process of WDRT right now but it IS a painful process.This is the first time I am doing it and it is already trying my patience.I just hope I never have to go through this process again !

BTW,did you do a hard reset at the end ?
Thanks !

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Now I wish I thought of that but I didn't

But it doesn't matter that you did not do a hard reset, your tiles are working at least for now .
In spite of WDRT,my Calendar tile did not update at midnight ,extremely frustrating !
I am sorry I can not recall ,but are you an Insider ? Which build are you on ? I am a non Insider on 14393.67

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
But it doesn't matter that you did not do a hard reset, your tiles are working at least for now .
In spite of WDRT,my Calendar tile did not update at midnight ,extremely frustrating !
I am sorry I can not recall ,but are you an Insider ? Which build are you on ? I am a non Insider on 14393.67

Sorry to hear that! Yes I was insider, currently on .103 release preview build

This is messed up. If even WDRT didn't fix it you definitely should let support know and tell them to get the dev team to FIX THE DAMN BUG instead of asking their users jump through these stupid hoops.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Sorry to hear that! Yes I was insider, currently on .103 release preview build

This is messed up. If even WDRT didn't fix it you definitely should let support know and tell them to get the dev team to FIX THE DAMN BUG instead of asking their users jump through these stupid hoops.

I have given a feedback again about WDRT not helping in solving the problem.
I will wait for the next Cumulative Update to see if it provides a fix.I got this bug only after I got the AU (.67).It was fine on Th2.
I also am having the problem that reminders/events I set in my mobile are not showing up on my laptop in Outlook Calendar.I noticed this today.I wonder if it has something to do with my outlook.com account not yet migrated to the new live account.
There was an article in WC about this-
Outlook.com's upgrade completion date is still up in the air | Windows Central

Black_Guard

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
I am on build 14393.67 non insider. I also made a HR immediately after the update to AU. I hope that MS will resolve this problem with an update.

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I am on build 14393.67 non insider. I also made a HR immediately after the update to AU. I hope that MS will resolve this problem with an update.

Frankly you might win the lottery before MS fixes the issue. I say this because I was on insider and have had this issue for months. I tried everything: left feedback, tweeted outlook account, posted to answer forum, live chat, but MS barely even acknowledge the problem.

The only method that seems to have a chance to fix this is using WDRT to roll back; it worked for me and a couple of others, but even that isn't guaranteed to work, and who knows when they will break it again with an app or OS update.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Frankly you might win the lottery before MS fixes the issue. I say this because I was on insider and have had this issue for months. I tried everything: left feedback, tweeted outlook account, posted to answer forum, live chat, but MS barely even acknowledge the problem.

The only method that seems to have a chance to fix this is using WDRT to roll back; it worked for me and a couple of others, but even that isn't guaranteed to work, and who knows when they will break it again with an app or OS update.

Do you remember what insider build you were on when the problem started ?
Would it help if someone tweeted to Dona Sarkar about this problem or posted in MS Facebook page ? I am not on Twitter or Facebook so unable to try it out .

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Do you remember what insider build you were on when the problem started ?
Would it help if someone tweeted to Dona Sarkar about this problem or posted in MS Facebook page ? I am not on Twitter or Facebook so unable to try it out .

Sorry, I don't remember which build.

I've tweeted Dona, she never once responded. Initially some of her underlings replied and suggested to do hard reset or claims that AU will fix it. When I tweeted back that the problem is still there after HR and AU, they stopped replying altogether.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Sorry, I don't remember which build.

I've tweeted Dona, she never once responded. Initially some of her underlings replied and suggested to do hard reset or claims that AU will fix it. When I tweeted back that the problem is still there after HR and AU, they stopped replying altogether.

Thanks !
Seems like a hopeless situation .It's a pity because I refer to the Calendar tile a lot to remind me of odd things I would forget sometimes.It is causing a lot of inconvenience now because I find my main Outlook.com (not yet changed by MS to new Live account) account is not syncing /taking a lot of time to sync with other Calendars I use since AU.On the other hand,my secondary outlook.com account which has been changed to the new Live account syncs very well.
I will wait for the next CU and then if not fixed will try the WDRT again .The package is already on my laptop (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Packages\Products) so should take less time this time.

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks !
Seems like a hopeless situation .It's a pity because I refer to the Calendar tile a lot to remind me of odd things I would forget sometimes.It is causing a lot of inconvenience now because I find my main Outlook.com (not yet changed by MS to new Live account) account is not syncing /taking a lot of time to sync with other Calendars I use since AU.On the other hand,my secondary outlook.com account which has been changed to the new Live account syncs very well.
I will wait for the next CU and then if not fixed will try the WDRT again .The package is already on my laptop (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Packages\Products) so should take less time this time.

Hope you have better result this time. One advice I have is to keep region and language set to English (US) through the process.

Black_Guard

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site

I am afraid that you are right. I also upvoted and wrote about this problem in feedback hub. I think that I will do the same as Rinsun. Wait for the next CU and then if not fixed try the WDRT.

gjbcapital

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
If I may suggest, when setting up the device with the WDRT don't restore a backup. I think the problem with the tile happened when they experimented with battery draining in one of the AU insider builds. They hard coded a setting somewhere and forgot about it. Its possible that a restored backup will bring the problem back if you already have it.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
If I may suggest, when setting up the device with the WDRT don't restore a backup. I think the problem with the tile happened when they experimented with battery draining in one of the AU insider builds. They hard coded a setting somewhere and forgot about it. Its possible that a restored backup will bring the problem back if you already have it.

Thanks for the suggestion !
However I never restore from backups but always fresh install when I hard reset and when I did the WDRT I was not offered any option to restore from backup.Your suggestion could very well be possible so to be on the safe side I have deleted all my phone backups in my OneDrive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise