Calendar tile Anniversary Update

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Hope you have better result this time

Yesterday I decided to bite the bullet again as I was home and let the WDRT do the work while I did mine,just checking occasionally and casually.Last time I had not set up my Calendar and Mail on 8.1 but had straightaway upgraded to 10586.107 through Upgrade Advisor after updating the 8.1 default apps.This time I set up Mail and Calendar on 8.1 but only with my main Outlook.com account.Then upgraded to 10586.107 ,updated apps and again checked into Mail and Calendar.Finally did the AU and again updated apps.This time I found that Calendar changed date at midnight and Mail tile is also working today.However I found some bugs which so far are not creating problems so I will ignore them.They are -

(1) Groove,News and Weather show blank squares in All Apps list,but on startscreen they are okay and working fine.

(2)Today I added my second Outlook account and my Gmail account .I also added a India Holidays Calendar from More Calendars in hamburger menu.After this I find a Mail and Calendar in my Settings>email and app accounts part which goes to Holiday Calendars when I go to 'manage' (I always had Holiday Calendar before on Windows 10)
wp_ss_20160908_0002.png

(3) When I go to choose quick actions for lock screen settings I am given option for Outlook Mail,Outlook Calendar and Outlook .Previously it had always been Outlook mail and Outlook Calendar (separately).I can't make out what this Outlook is .
wp_ss_20160908_0003.png

(4) There is an unkinown app in Notification and Action Centre
wp_ss_20160908_0001.png

These weren't there before when I was on AU/Th2 or even in 8.1.
I am unwilling to do a hard reset since these are not creating problems so far and a hard reset may bring back the Mail and Calendar tile bug.It appears so unstable .
I had deleted all my phone backups from OneDrive to make sure that there is no restore from backup.

Edit : While a soft reset yesterday had not changed anything ,today the 3rd issue got corrected with that Outlook gone after I soft reset and sd card got scanned.

Last edited:

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Glad your second WDRT worked. I also have that unknown app in notifications.

I find that Calendar tile does not show birthdays though the birthdays show up in the app.Previously tile showed 'tomorrow X's birthday all day' or 'Today X's birthday all day' - something like that.Now tile is showing only events,no Birthdays.
Lockscreen also does not show birthdays /country holidays ,though Outlook Calendar is set to show detailed status.
It seems Outlook Calendar is a total mess on AU.

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I find that Calendar tile does not show birthdays though the birthdays show up in the app.Previously tile showed 'tomorrow X's birthday all day' or 'Today X's birthday all day' - something like that.Now tile is showing only events,no Birthdays.

I answered on other 3ad

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos