The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
09-15-2016 02:05 PM
307 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    The Anniversary Update just got pushed to my phone last night, although I've been on the Insider fast track for a year. First impressions, I'm pretty disappointed as everyone else seems to be. FM Radio and Kids Corner went away, both of which I used and were working perfectly yesterday, but I'd been expecting that.

The bigger problem is the regression of the Skype integration.

Skype reinstalled itself as "Skype Preview," Skype contacts disappeared from my People list, and I can no longer switch between text messages and Skype conversations in the Messaging app even after reconnecting and re-linking everything there. Looking at one contact in particular, I have relinked the profiles (which also now show up as "Skype Preview") and there are no options within the conversation to chat with Skype instead of SIM text. On the contact card I can choose to "Send Message" to a different app, but all that does is launch the completely separate app. USELESS.

I don't know why, after the recent push to the "Messaging + Sype" UWP for desktop and mobile, and the downright beautiful implementation in in the mobile messaging, they'd pull a 180 and kill it altogether.

I haven't felt this level of disappointment since, in an ironically analogous situation, Facebook chat disappeared from the messaging app in the move from WP7 to WP8.
    Daniel Frinc1 likes this.
    08-24-2016 03:32 PM
    The bigger problem is the regression of the Skype integration.
    dang. I hadn't even noticed that yet. That SUCKS. Wth??? Will messages still sync across devices? I haven't used my computer since the AU but I've been patiently waiting for a year to be able to send a text to someone's phone from my computer, like Apple has been able to do for what...5 years now? I hope this doesn't flush that down the toilet, because if it does, that may finally be the nail in the Windows Mobile coffin for me.
    08-24-2016 03:40 PM
    Latest update to lumia 635 w10 was quite horrible. How..they can send that type stuff. Many times bottom of screen banner hides under last line. Or keyboard hide textbox. Sms message page not work. Can only receive message but not send. Top of screen banner w quick settings goes immediately away often after changing on or off something.. Like wifi hotspot. Seems this wifi spread to laptop more worse after update, it goes off after short time and i have to restart laptop to get it connect again to wifi from lumia mobile w10 phone. I recommend nobody to Not install w10 to w8.1 lumias. 8.1 was just much much better!
    08-24-2016 05:20 PM
    Yep, I was forced to do a hard reset.
    08-24-2016 06:28 PM
    Did this problem start with Redstone builds? I never had an issue before today but I stayed on TH2 builds until the public release of AU yesterday.

I did go follow the link and vote and comment so hope we see a fix soon.
    I don't remember exactly when the calendar tile stop working. For some people this problem showed up only recently but for me I would say it's been broken for at least 2-3 months. I was on inside slow RS builds at the time.
    08-24-2016 08:11 PM
    Did this problem start with Redstone builds? I never had an issue before today but I stayed on TH2 builds until the public release of AU yesterday.

I did go follow the link and vote and comment so hope we see a fix soon.
    For me it started after the AU.I had not encountered this problem on Th2.
    js14873 likes this.
    08-25-2016 01:21 AM
    Have the same issue here and cannot find any setting to help. It's the same for my stopwatch, think the volume will get louder but when using for cooking I want alerting straight away. Look forward to a fix?
    I had to hard reset my phone to get it back to normal.
    Then discovered that Outlook Calendar tile does not change date at midnight and does not change when an event/task is completed.Other tiles are also slower to sync.But then it seems to be a common bug as others are facing it too.
    08-25-2016 01:25 AM
    After my Lumia 830 update latest AU, I found some problem when phone in via headphone...
    Phone in when phone is lock, headphone have no ringtone but speaker have.
    Phone in when phone is unlock, headphone have ringtone.
    Phone in when play music in Groove(lock/unlock), phone stop to play music, but headphone have no ringtone but speaker have.

Before update the latest AU, my phone have no this issue. I think this is very big problem. Do you have this same issue?
    08-25-2016 01:29 AM
    After my Lumia 830 update latest AU, I found some problem when phone in via headphone...
    Phone in when phone is lock, headphone have no ringtone but speaker have.
    Phone in when phone is unlock, headphone have ringtone.
    Phone in when play music in Groove(lock/unlock), phone stop to play music, but headphone have no ringtone but speaker have.

Before update the latest AU, my phone have no this issue. I think this is very big problem. Do you have this same issue?
    I don't know if this will help but try this -
    Settings> System >Phone >Audio Routing Settings > Turn toggle switch off for 'During a call turn on speaker when I move my phone away from my ear' (If it is on )
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    08-25-2016 01:55 AM
    Latest update to lumia 635 w10 was quite horrible. How..they can send that type stuff. Many times bottom of screen banner hides under last line. Or keyboard hide textbox. Sms message page not work. Can only receive message but not send. Top of screen banner w quick settings goes immediately away often after changing on or off something.. Like wifi hotspot. Seems this wifi spread to laptop more worse after update, it goes off after short time and i have to restart laptop to get it connect again to wifi from lumia mobile w10 phone. I recommend nobody to Not install w10 to w8.1 lumias. 8.1 was just much much better!
    A little searching before posting: lumia 635 text scaling iussue is well know and under investigation. It' only for that particular screen size. Don'blame 10, it works pretty well on most others ;)
    Mach_E likes this.
    08-25-2016 02:18 AM
    dang. I hadn't even noticed that yet. That SUCKS. Wth??? Will messages still sync across devices? I haven't used my computer since the AU but I've been patiently waiting for a year to be able to send a text to someone's phone from my computer, like Apple has been able to do for what...5 years now? I hope this doesn't flush that down the toilet, because if it does, that may finally be the nail in the Windows Mobile coffin for me.
    Check better: you CAN answer a sms via you pc now. all phone notifies are replicated on your Win10 AU pc now, and you can answer to sms and skype (skype must be installed)

Messages and Skype were separated, far better getting messages divided by app
    08-25-2016 02:20 AM
    It have already been off...
    intangible ideas... ONZ
    Rinsun likes this.
    08-25-2016 02:51 AM
    3 days in a row now I've had to reset my phone back to factory settings. Alcatel Fierce XL. In the morning after the update has run Edge crashes on every start and the Settings app is apparently damaged or missing. No amount of reboots fixes the issue. Everything else seems to work fine. Just reset, restored again (10.0.10586.420) and it is updating to 10.0.14393.67 one more time.

Worth noting, one of my co-workers has the same phone and is not experiencing this problem
    Last edited by Chuck Pedretti; 08-25-2016 at 07:40 AM.
    08-25-2016 07:21 AM
    3 days in a row now I've had to reset my phone back to factory settings. Alcatel Fierce XL. In the morning after the update has run Edge crashes on every start and the Settings app is apparently damaged or missing. No amount of reboots fixes the issue. Everything else seems to work fine. Just reset, restored again (10.0.10586.420) and it is updating to 10.0.14393.67 one more time.

Worth noting, one of my co-workers has the same phone and is not experiencing this problem
    And now as I have reloaded it once again and am actually seeing the update - it is stuck at Migrating your data step 1 0% for the last 45 minutes
    08-25-2016 08:16 AM
    Check better: you CAN answer a sms via you pc now. all phone notifies are replicated on your Win10 AU pc now, and you can answer to sms and skype (skype must be installed)

ok, that's good. I had always assumed that Skype integration was what was going to make that feature possible. Guess not.
    08-25-2016 09:05 AM
    Update: Today, after the update, I'm seeing updates available in the store for a number of built-in app, including People, Skype Preview, Messaging + Skype (which is what it's still called despite not having the functionality), and 15 other system components. All are failing with the dreaded 0x80073CF9 and so far I'm unable to get those to work, but perhaps the app updates will bring the functionality back?

Update: Got the updates installed by switching app installation to the device instead of the SD card (shouldn't that have been fixed by now?) and there's no change in functionality. That is to say, the "Messaging + Skype" app only works for normal SMS/MMS messaging, and not Skype.
    Last edited by geekahedron; 08-26-2016 at 08:57 AM. Reason: updated
    08-25-2016 02:40 PM
    I've been having an issue with the Audible app since the AU. The audio always pauses when the screen turns off or if I leave the app (e.g. returning to the start menu with Audible still running in the background). It only seems to happen with Audible since Groove still works fine. When I return to the Audible app, the book picks up immediately where it left off.

Anyone else been having this issue or able to suggest a fix?

I've done a reboot and a soft reset so far. I've also tried changing any of the in-app Audible settings that seemed like they could be affecting it--but no luck.
    08-25-2016 08:04 PM
    Oh, great. I now have the Bluetooth-icon bug where it continues to be highlighted regardless of it being off or not. I have done a soft-reset, not a hard-reset. It seriously can't be that I have to do hard resets every Tuesday. I did a hard reset after the AU, then the cumulative update screwed things up.
    08-26-2016 12:30 AM
    Update: Today, after the update, I'm seeing updates available in the store for a number of built-in app, including People, Skype Preview, Messaging + Skype (which is what it's still called despite not having the functionality), and 15 other system components. All are failing with the dreaded 0x80073CF9 and so far I'm unable to get those to work, but perhaps the app updates will bring the functionality back?
    Go to Settings -> Storage and hange temporarly App destination from SD to Device.
    Then go back to Store and check updates, they will start
    08-26-2016 02:41 AM
    I've been having an issue with the Audible app since the AU. The audio always pauses when the screen turns off or if I leave the app (e.g. returning to the start menu with Audible still running in the background). It only seems to happen with Audible since Groove still works fine. When I return to the Audible app, the book picks up immediately where it left off.

Anyone else been having this issue or able to suggest a fix?

I've done a reboot and a soft reset so far. I've also tried changing any of the in-app Audible settings that seemed like they could be affecting it--but no luck.
    You forgot checkin in Audible is enabled in Background Apps in Phone Settings
    08-26-2016 02:43 AM
    When I tap "Search" button, it doesn't show Bing image anymore. Is it new "feature" or bug? Anyway, looks ugly without picture...
    Is anyone experience this?

wp_ss_20160826_0001.jpg
    08-26-2016 03:23 AM
    voice map not working
    08-26-2016 04:55 AM
    Seriously? In what world is it better to bounce between different messaging apps than to have everything in one place? I was really enjoying, for a brief stint, being able to view all my various conversations with different people, and with the same people on different protocols, within the single app. I fail to grok how removing that ability is "far better" (and you could always open the Skype app if you really really wanted to anyway)?
    skinnypig118 likes this.
    08-26-2016 09:12 AM
    I don't know if someone have already mentioned it,my problem is notifications do not disappear even though I read them(for sms,WhatsApp)To make them disappear I have to swipe action center down and wait for 2 seconds.Is there any fix or is it just another bug?
    Jackson Ombati likes this.
    08-26-2016 09:20 AM
    I hadn't checked that, but unfortunately Audible was already toggled on in the Background Apps. I tried turning it off, rebooting and switching it back on with no effect. Audible still has the same problem when the setting is toggled off as well.

Would reinstalling Audible help? Or doing a hard reset? I'd like to avoid that if possible.

**EDIT**
    It seems that reinstalling the Audible app has fixed the problem. Books play normally when the screen is turned off again.
    Last edited by TheAshigaru; 08-26-2016 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Solution found
    RumoredNow likes this.
    08-26-2016 01:57 PM
307 ... 89101112 ...