The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
09-15-2016 02:05 PM
307 ... 910111213
tools
    i have encountered a couple of bugs with the Anniversary update, here are my thoughts using it on my Lumia 735

Bugs Encountered
    - Tried to change the the wallpaper of the START screen from the Settings menu, while changing, the phone locked up and the vibration just kept going. I had to pull out the battery for it to stop. I attempted to change the wallpaper again, this time through the Photos app and it went through.
    - Changed the text message tone for one of my contacts but it still uses the text tone in the sound settings.
    - People app reloaded all of my contacts again from scratch.

Some changes i need to get used to.
    - When checking "Downloads & Updates" in the Store app, i do not like how each app is spaced so far from each other and the progress bar is just too big.
    - MS removed the option to add apps to break through the battery saver. Now i'd have to go and scroll through the apps from the apps usage list.
    08-26-2016 03:38 PM
    Seriously? In what world is it better to bounce between different messaging apps than to have everything in one place? I was really enjoying, for a brief stint, being able to view all my various conversations with different people, and with the same people on different protocols, within the single app. I fail to grok how removing that ability is "far better" (and you could always open the Skype app if you really really wanted to anyway)?
    I don't know how you used this app for your "brief stint", but I noticed the following:

1.) When I received a skype message it was logged to the message notification banner.
    2.) Initially that seemed great, until I would receive a skype message that had 23 (or more) lines per message, and VERY LINE (were the sender hit ENTER to transmit) was logged as a separate, and new message - so, for "ONE" Skype message, I received 23 message notifications on my banner, I received 23 Sound Alerts for those 23 lines within that ONE message; and, my important text messages were LOST within the myriad of banner notifications I received from a few Skype messages.

For "me" it was hard to organize: due mostly to the large number of skype messages I got, multiplied by the number of lines "per" Skype message.

It got to where my notification banner (along with sound) was going off so much, that I was mostly ignoring them; and subsequently the important client text messages that would periodically come in, were also being ignored as a result.

I, for one, like that they improved skype, AND separated it from text messages. Again, "for me" it works great, for if I get a text message, it is usually important, and should NOT be ignored.

Under some circumstances, more is not necessarily better for everyone; and by separating the two apps, they can better serve all. IMHO:)
    08-26-2016 03:49 PM
    That is (was) a problem and oversight in the messaging app, not in the concept of having one app for all messaging or every app separate for different message forms.
    08-27-2016 01:11 AM
    i have encountered a couple of bugs with the Anniversary update, here are my thoughts using it on my Lumia 735

Bugs Encountered
    - Tried to change the the wallpaper of the START screen from the Settings menu, while changing, the phone locked up and the vibration just kept going. I had to pull out the battery for it to stop. I attempted to change the wallpaper again, this time through the Photos app and it went through.
    You should hold vol down + power till phones switch down ,then it reboot itself (soft reset)
    Better not playong too much puttin and leaving battery
    RumoredNow likes this.
    08-27-2016 04:19 AM
    I don't know if someone have already mentioned it,my problem is notifications do not disappear even though I read them(for sms,WhatsApp)To make them disappear I have to swipe action center down and wait for 2 seconds.Is there any fix or is it just another bug?
    I have this problem too on my lumia 540 and it began immediately i installed the latest cumulative update. Please help!
    08-27-2016 04:30 AM
    I'm not getting any notifications when I receive a text message. Phone doesn't ring or vibrate, nothing on the lock screen and nothing on the start screen.
    08-27-2016 04:54 AM
    Never mind I has messaging background disabled ♿
    Maurizio Troso and RumoredNow like this.
    08-27-2016 06:46 AM
    That is (was) a problem and oversight in the messaging app, not in the concept of having one app for all messaging or every app separate for different message forms.
    I like the "concept" that Outlook has (if that is what you mean); where the parent app contains the total number of emails from ALL the children accounts; and provides a central location that contains ALL email accounts for management purposes (AND, for all the different email providers; ie: Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook) - and even has some global settings options for all email accounts - for I find this to be very convenient. But, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, would I want to have ONLY the total number of incoming emails represented in one place, and NO quick reference for the individual incoming emails, for each account - for I give out different email, for different reasons, to different people/companies, in an attempt to avoid spam.

But, as far as the current Skype/Messenger being separated; as long as I get a notifications on the machine I am on at the time, for both Skype and Messenger; able to respond immediately from that machine; and, they both work well...I don't feel that we are losing anything in the way of performance for either.
    08-27-2016 11:07 AM
    A little searching before posting: lumia 635 text scaling iussue is well know and under investigation. It' only for that particular screen size. Don'blame 10, it works pretty well on most others ;)
    He never claimed it was never reported before. And I don't see why we can't blame the OS, since it's supposed to work on that resolution, and we've been waiting for a fix from W10M developers for weeks now. If this was Android or iOS, that bug would have never even made it into a final release.
    wgs84 likes this.
    08-28-2016 01:51 AM
    Yes, I have only major problem is that both News and Weather have stopped working, they start to open and then fall back to the start screen. Seems to be associated with the update from 14393.5 to 14393.67.
    My 640 is a 640 DS LTE
    Mike
    08-29-2016 01:03 AM
    Had a weird issue yesterday, Maps navigation wasn't moving at first... I drove several miles before it actually started tracking that I was on route.
    Today, I had an issue where the lock screen didn't show, just a black screen. I swiped up, and after several moments got the passcode screen.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-29-2016 08:57 AM
    He never claimed it was never reported before. And I don't see why we can't blame the OS, since it's supposed to work on that resolution, and we've been waiting for a fix from W10M developers for weeks now. If this was Android or iOS, that bug would have never even made it into a final release.
    This. If the OS is officially released for an officially supported phone, and it shows up broken, the OS has a problem. So, yeah, I too blame the OS. Microsoft doesn't get a free pass on this.
    08-29-2016 10:47 AM
    Download size in L535Ds- 495Mb
    Bugs-
    1. SD card storage bug
    2.People app doesn't showing contacts thumbnails
    3. Outlook app
    A. Press ••• button, then hide nav bar. You can see the blank space between pop-up and icons.
    5.Store performance is not good.
    6. In Sounds section, when we play the another/custom tone in dropdown. While playing,,, ▶ button remains same ▶ instead of ⏸ .

FAQ'S
    -Still not getting Message notifications and some other default notifications(Solved)
    Sol. Go to Battery saver settings> battery usage by app. Choose first option for getting notifications in background.

-Hey Cortana* still not available for everyone.
    Sol. Supports MS Lumia 950,950xl,830,930,1520 yet.

Expected features-
    -No voice call recording.
    experiencing the same issues. I'm agree with you.
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 08-29-2016 at 01:26 PM. Reason: removed bulk of long post quoted as it was not necessary
    08-29-2016 01:14 PM
    Calendar and Mail tile problem (Does not update) persisting.
    09-06-2016 09:30 AM
    I am still unable to print from my Lumia 735, though my printer support WSD, bonjour, LPR, LLTD, IPV4, IPV6, 802.11a,b,g,n... I tried also with USB calble since it support PictureBridge but obviously it fails..

And no, the supported printers list it useless, since printing on W10M is based on the WSD service...
    09-06-2016 09:33 AM
    I am having a very hard time accepting that this anniversary update......was a complete failure
    Sure, some bugs were solved.....but others appeared!
    Now, the glance screen date appears in a fuzzy way in the background underneath apps....like a second layer under the open app.
    Screen glitches, Facebook tile sometimes shows notifications, sometimes it doesn't. It has a will of its own
    I can't believe that something as basic as notifications ( that works fine in Android and iOS by the way), has such a hard time in getting to work in WP!
    Groove tile doesn't update when changing music.....sometimes it freezes its tile in a music/band....

In short words...............I am truly and deeply disappointed at the work (?) MS did in this update.
    I felt like I was in bed with a short blanket......sure I can cover my head......but then I uncover my feet!

Speaking of feet.....stop shooting yours, Microsoft!!! Enough!
    09-06-2016 04:06 PM
    I am having a very hard time accepting that this anniversary update......was a complete failure
    Sure, some bugs were solved.....but others appeared!
    Now, the glance screen date appears in a fuzzy way in the background underneath apps....like a second layer under the open app.
    Screen glitches, Facebook tile sometimes shows notifications, sometimes it doesn't. It has a will of its own
    I can't believe that something as basic as notifications ( that works fine in Android and iOS by the way), has such a hard time in getting to work in WP!
    Groove tile doesn't update when changing music.....sometimes it freezes its tile in a music/band....

In short words...............I am truly and deeply disappointed at the work (?) MS did in this update.
    I felt like I was in bed with a short blanket......sure I can cover my head......but then I uncover my feet!

Speaking of feet.....stop shooting yours, Microsoft!!! Enough!
    Which device
    09-07-2016 02:29 AM
    Which device
    Lumia 640 dual sim
    09-07-2016 02:37 AM
    The glance screen issue:

09-07-2016 06:06 AM
    The glance screen issue:

http://i.imgur.com/YhzjTgJ.jpg
    It sounds like burned pixels :(
    09-07-2016 08:59 AM
    Well, it's a known bug that showed up after the w10m AU....
    I believe MS is aware

Additionally, it is intermitent.
    Sometimes happens, sometimes doesn't
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-07-2016 11:29 AM
    Check better: you CAN answer a sms via you pc now. all phone notifies are replicated on your Win10 AU pc now, and you can answer to sms and skype (skype must be installed)

Messages and Skype were separated, far better getting messages divided by app
    Yeah, I can respond via the notification if someone contacts me first, but I want to open the messaging app on my tablet and initiate a text conversation to someone else's phone. I can't do that now. My tablets messaging app shows texts up to July 31 but nothing after, and the send button is grayed out.
    09-07-2016 04:44 PM
    Any of you guys know if there will be an update on the w10m AU to fix these bugs recently discovered?

I am asking because of this Release Preview update:
    http://www.windowscentral.com/patch-...lable-insiders
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 09-08-2016 at 12:46 PM. Reason: replace external link with WC article
    09-08-2016 04:25 AM
    Any of you guys know if there will be an update on the w10m AU to fix these bugs recently discovered?

I am asking because of this Release Preview update:
    Patch for Windows 10 Mobile 14393.105 Preview now available to Insiders | Windows Central
    Patch Tuesday, most likely.
    Rinsun likes this.
    09-08-2016 12:46 PM
    Hello!

I discovered two annoying bugs on my lumia 950 xl in last official version.

1. If i zoom some Picture, sometimes picture goes black and freeze.
    2. Sometimes my phone totaly freeze , screen goes black and then i need to hold power button to power on my phone back. This happend three times now. 2x when i opened Facebook Messenger app, and 1x when i use Windows central app.

Anyone else with same problems?
    09-08-2016 04:29 PM
307 ... 910111213