The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
09-15-2016 02:05 PM
307 1234 ...
tools
    Couple of bugs:
    - no FM Radio???
    - Tile text size overflowing (too big) (Is there a way to set this?)
    Player Piano likes this.
    08-17-2016 02:55 AM
    Anyone installed anniversary update on lumia 640?
    08-17-2016 02:56 AM
    Couple of bugs:
    - no FM Radio???
    - Tile text size overflowing (too big) (Is there a way to set this?)
    Radio was removed months ago. There's some nice free apps in Store for that
    Text size : check Settings -> Screen -> text scaling and set slider to Recommended, then reboot your phone
    08-17-2016 03:03 AM
    Text size : check Settings -> Screen -> text scaling and set slider to Recommended, then reboot your phone
    No, that does not repair overflowing text. I set text size to 150% (200% is the recommended) and it did the trick
    08-17-2016 03:26 AM
    Are MSFT trying to push customers away from Windows 10 Mobile? First they get rid of the gorgeously fluid menus established for years. Then they slash the free OneDrive storage. Now, theyve ditched kids corner.

My phone auto-updated last night and come the morning, when my son asked to play a game on my phone, I cant get to kids corner. Cant find it in the settings anymore. Then a quick internet search reveals MSFT have thrown in away. Seriously MSFT? My wife and I both have windows phones (930 and 950) and kids corner is one of our top features. We can let our 3yo play a quick game without having to worry about IAPs or him messing with our settings and deleting things. Apps corner is just pants in comparison, doesnt stop IAPs (alright, they are still pin protected, just not disabled), I cant seem to launch it from swiping anymore either; I have to go the app and manually launch it. It takes ages to load and then ages to close. They might say usage was low, but if thats the case then just put the feature in to maintenance only mode.

I really am so annoyed now. Ive loved the windows phone OS for years now, ever since I got the 800 on WP7.5. Every phone and release just seemed to get better and better. With WP8.1 I honestly believed it was the best OS on the market. Friends of mine with Android and iOS just had no answer to features like the brilliant start screen or kids corner. With W10M it seems to be gradually morphing in to the other boring phone OSs. How long before they ditch the customisable start screen with fixed-sized static icons?

My wife ventured in to the WP world with the 930, shes dead set on switching away from WP on her next upgrade now that kids corner is gone. The app store gap has bugged her the whole time, but some unique features were keeping her interested were.

Oh yeah, and now my emails wont open. The app just crashes on load every time. But, its okay, if I restart my phone I get to open them once before the crashing starts again grrr.

Rant over.
    theefman and bichaels like this.
    08-17-2016 04:49 AM
    One more little bug: flashlight does not seem to work after the update
    08-17-2016 04:55 AM
    One more little bug: flashlight does not seem to work after the update
    If there's the button but doens't flash, simply soft reset.
    If button is missing, you should add it via Settings -> Notify center -> Add
    08-17-2016 05:05 AM
    No panorama option on Lumia 735- I know it is officially supported only on *50 series, however I read around it works on many different older devices :\

It also would be nice if someone is able to extract the FM Radio app package from the 1511 iso...
    08-17-2016 05:13 AM
    No panorama option on Lumia 735- I know it is officially supported only on *50 series, however I read around it works on many different older devices :\

It also would be nice if someone is able to extract the FM Radio app package from the 1511 iso...
    Check Microsoft Photo app version in the Store update list, maybe is stilll the previous vrsn
    08-17-2016 05:26 AM
    If there's the button but doens't flash, simply soft reset.
    If button is missing, you should add it via Settings -> Notify center -> Add
    I have the flashlight button (and a separate app pinned to start screen) but neither works after a soft reset.
    Last edited by Horvath Gyorgy1; 08-17-2016 at 05:49 AM.
    08-17-2016 05:30 AM

The camera app with panorama was available on the fast app ring only; I didn't get it until I switch to fast ring after my last hard reset.

Maybe they didn't flip the switch to make fast ring apps available on production yet.
    08-17-2016 05:52 AM
    I am facing the same issue as non-insider.
    08-17-2016 05:59 AM
    Can lumia 640 support Call recording after anniversary update?
    08-17-2016 07:06 AM
    Check Microsoft Photo app version in the Store update list, maybe is stilll the previous vrsn
    I did not receive any Camera or Photos update. .-. I still have Lumia Panorma installed, but as everyone know it's not so good .-.
    Rinsun likes this.
    08-17-2016 07:16 AM
    So this update is nice!

I really love how notifications are done and the new settings menu, and of course the blacks in phone, messaging, and settings with dark theme. I like that I can finally see that I have alarms set on my Glance screen. I wish the same went for the volume being on silent though. One thing I'm also liking a lot is the "Swipe up to dismiss the lock screen". It used to annoy me that I would have the iris scanner searching for my eyes when I just unlocked the lock screen like a minute ago.
    I haven't used the priority thing yet but I think that's a nice touch. Oh, speaking of nice touches, having a separate section for background apps is great, along with removing actions that you don't care for in the action center. Too early to speak on battery life though.

Edit: The camera on the lockscreen is also awesome too, not sure I forgot that. That is much easier to use over pulling from the top lol.
    Rinsun, mark233 and mtf1380 like this.
    08-17-2016 07:25 AM
    I did not receive any Camera or Photos update. .-. I still have Lumia Panorma installed, but as everyone know it's not so good .-.
    Ahhh delete it, Panorama is inside Microsoft Photo now!
    08-17-2016 07:27 AM
    Yes, I got it on my ATT L950 but haven't restarted yet.
    Are you on an insider track? Is your phone unlocked? I still don't see it here. The .545 popped up same day it was announced, but not this one.
    08-17-2016 07:30 AM
    Is anyone else noticing issues with glance and lockscreen notifications? I am not seeing icons consistently when I have new emails on either of these.
    08-17-2016 08:03 AM
    After the anniversary update on Lumia 950 is shazam app fixed? Or there is the bug that you have to lock unlock the screen to make it work like in .545? Thanks.
    08-17-2016 08:06 AM
    Still not getting the update on Nokia Lumia 1520. Unlocked, branded Vodafone Italy on a Dutch network now. Region is set to US, but tried to change it to UK to no avail. Non-insider. Im more interested in bug fixes, stability, battery life and heating than in new features. I guess FM radio is not a big deal but it's still a shame. I have no kids but I think kid's corner was a great idea and should have been promoted rather than cut. The only feature Im actually waiting for is panorama.
    08-17-2016 08:07 AM
    Lumia 950, no Panorama available. Anyone (non-insiders) got Panorama in L950 after the AU?
    08-17-2016 08:34 AM
    Start screen tiles seem much larger. Changing the text scaling doesn't resolve. BTW, my "recommended" setting is 400%. I slid that down, but with no impact to the start screen.
    08-17-2016 08:39 AM
    Woke up this morning and my ATT 950 will not start, just showing a screen with this emoji: :(

I removed the SD card and it booted fine and works fine. I then put the SD card back in and got the same locked screen with the :(.

Any thoughts?
    08-17-2016 08:43 AM
    Is anyone else noticing issues with glance and lockscreen notifications? I am not seeing icons consistently when I have new emails on either of these.
    Haven't had any of those issues, I got an email this morning and it appeared on both instantly for me. Maybe try a soft reset.

Woke up this morning and my ATT 950 will not start, just showing a screen with this emoji: :(

I removed the SD card and it booted fine and works fine. I then put the SD card back in and got the same locked screen with the :(.

Any thoughts?
    It sounds like something broke your SD card. That is very odd.

Going to try the Anniversary Update on my 640 tonight. If it doesn't improve the keyboard lagginess, I'm over it.
    08-17-2016 08:48 AM
    Maps doesn't seem to work, loads up and creates a route but routing doesn't happen, just shows "proceed to highlighted route" but doesn't acknowledge movement. Also seeing 4 unidentified apps listed in notifications and cortana settings. Using a Lumia 1520 upgraded from TH2.

Sent from mTalk
    Last edited by theefman; 08-17-2016 at 11:05 AM.
    08-17-2016 08:58 AM
307 1234 ...