09-15-2016 02:05 PM
307 ... 56789 ...
tools
    New change observed in Messaging.
    Earlier if I kept SMS delivery Conformation ON, I was getting "message delivered" SMS from operator. But now after SMS is delivered, "Delivered" in very small letters is displayed below sent SMS. In same conversation, after I send another message, "Delivered" text is displayed below latest sent SMS. No way to check exact time of SMS delivery now.
    Not sure if this is good or bad change, but I could refer to exact time on which SMS was delivered, just for record.
    Look again....The date and time are displayed in the sms box and just below show delivered.
    That is on my L830
    RumoredNow and Rinsun like this.
    08-19-2016 07:08 PM
    Hi guys!

I have Lumia 830 from fido Canada. I didn't wait for my carrier to upgrade because you know, they don't give a **** about Windows Mobile upgrades and I was too impatient. So, as always I joined insider again and upgraded to the release build i.e 14393.82. I am having few issues with it now. If anyone has had the same issue, guide me.

* Store is unable to update any app, skype and whatsapp update are pending for 3-4 days now. Initially I thought, the store is broken at back end and will resolve itself, but it didn't happen. On my PC though, the same thing happened but there I could fix it using Powershell cmdlets.

* Cortana is broken too, the listening ability of cortana is broken, crashes as soon as I press mic

* Sometimes on the taskbar at top only clock appears, nothing else.

There are couple of other minor issues but I fixed them. I want to try out new skype app. My brother has a 650 and he got the update in settings itself. he did the update and has not seen any of these issues.

BTW, action center notifications look kinda ugly now. >.< may be its just because of the change and I will get a hold of it as time passes.

You need to download a language pack for Cortana to work had the same issue. ☺

Speech --> language pack
    08-19-2016 11:03 PM
    Maybe so, but you loose one manageable icon for something so basic as a quick check for battery level which was there before but "improved" system update removed it (?).
    For example on the glance/lock screen I have weather app for detailed status and five others quick status icons: skype, phone, calendar, mail, messaging. So I would say 6 essential infos which are, I guess, chosen by 90% users. You would have to get rid of one just to put a battery info on.

With the new update there is only alarm icon left by the time digits. Where are charging battery, muted ringer, quiet hours (half moon) icon? I cannot believe they are omitted intentionally, are they? I mean that was the main purpose of glance screen. What's the time, ok, what's the battery level, oh **** I'm low, o damn, my ringer is muted...just the essential stuff for every phone. And they forget about that??
    Now that DDTW works haphazardly I miss glance alot more now. There are times when I'm cooking and i'd be able to quickly unlock with my elbows and navigate. Now it feels like I have to drop the "peoples elbow like the Rock" just get the darn thing to unlock... and don't get me started on screen responsive either... lets just say it's not that easy to get cookie dough of the phone screen with your elbows!
    libra89 likes this.
    08-20-2016 01:29 AM
    My 512 MB Lumia 635 (Canada; Rogers) received the upgrade to 10.0.14393.67 on release day.

I originally used Insider Release Preview to move from WP8.1 to W10M, and then immediately left the program and ran on the production ring from that point on. No other registry hacks, etc. I was definitely on the production ring when the phone automatically downloaded the Anniversary Update.

I've noticed some annoying bugs relating to the nav bar and the screen geometry: In Portrait mode, action buttons anchored to the bottom of the screen are covered over by the nav bar (pretty much all apps with action buttons, both 3rd-party and built-in, except for Microsoft Edge).

Some apps without action buttons may have the bottom of their scrollable content cut off by the nav bar.

I've been reluctant to file official feedback on the issue, because I understand that my device is not officially supported.
    I think this is the same thing I'm seeing on my Lumia 636 (1GB). It updated to the Anniversary edition automatically (not part of insider program). And now the bottom of Apps are cut off. It's especially horrible for Messaging, since you can't see what you're typing or access the menu. I'm thinking it's because they set the App resolution to 480x854 instead of 480x800.

This is what I'm seeing here:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...ry-update.html

If I put it in landscape mode, then it's ok.
    08-20-2016 06:19 AM
    Anyone facing issues with syncing sent email from outlook exchange email account? Mine syncs only email from past one month, though inbox is synced completely in my L950.

Have tried both hard and soft rest, still no use. Help!
    08-20-2016 06:38 AM
    How do I go back to 10586.545 after the Anniversary Update?
    libra89 likes this.
    08-20-2016 07:38 AM
    You need to download a language pack for Cortana to work had the same issue. ☺

Speech --> language pack
    I have the language pack. All the relevant settings are fine. the language, location, region... everything is fine... it just crashes when I press mic.
    08-20-2016 08:49 AM
    I have the language pack. All the relevant settings are fine. the language, location, region... everything is fine... it just crashes when I press mic.

Try downloading English United Kingdom when I had English US default it crashed but when I downloaded the UK English one both worked I don't know why but it does work. Try it and see. 🙂
    08-20-2016 09:01 AM
    Hello guys!

Please, I'M DESPERATE!

I can't make messaging + skype work. It seems it lost its configuration after the update.
    I sign in on the app, but I can't see any messages coming from skype, only SMS. And I can only send SMS, there is no option to send skype messages... or make skype video calls.

Also, when people calls me via skype I'm unable to see the incoming call...
    Before the update, this integration worked like a charm.

Help me please!

Thanks in advance.
    08-20-2016 09:49 AM
    I think this is the same thing I'm seeing on my Lumia 636 (1GB). It updated to the Anniversary edition automatically (not part of insider program). And now the bottom of Apps are cut off. It's especially horrible for Messaging, since you can't see what you're typing or access the menu. I'm thinking it's because they set the App resolution to 480x854 instead of 480x800.

This is what I'm seeing here:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...ry-update.html

If I put it in landscape mode, then it's ok.
    It's not just certain apps. It's also certain parts of the OS. Since the 1GB 636 is officially supported for the W10m upgrade, I really hope you complain about this to Microsoft and submit feedback so that they're aware of what's happening to phones with 480x854 displays. This is just sloppy work.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-20-2016 10:43 AM
    It's not just certain apps. It's also certain parts of the OS. Since the 1GB 636 is officially supported for the W10m upgrade, I really hope you complain about this to Microsoft and submit feedback so that they're aware of what's happening to phones with 480x854 displays. This is just sloppy work.
    Do you know the best channel to submit this sort of bug to them?
    08-20-2016 11:01 AM
    How do I go back to 10586.545 after the Anniversary Update?
    You can't . Threshold doesn't exist anymore.... only on older uneligible phones
    08-20-2016 11:33 AM
    Hello guys!

Please, I'M DESPERATE!

I can't make messaging + skype work. It seems it lost its configuration after the update.
    I sign in on the app, but I can't see any messages coming from skype, only SMS. And I can only send SMS, there is no option to send skype messages... or make skype video calls.

Also, when people calls me via skype I'm unable to see the incoming call...
    Before the update, this integration worked like a charm.

Help me please!

Thanks in advance.
    You lost months of news.... :(
    Skype and Messages were separated months ago due to thousand negative feedbacks.

Now Skype is skype and messenger is messenger, as always. One app per message category.
    You must install Skype, or try the new Skype Beta
    08-20-2016 11:34 AM
    Are all 950 got the same carrier by chance?
    Yup, all on AT&T. If I send from one phone to another, the receiving one gets it right away, but it just hangs on the sending phone for a long time before moving the text up to the sent area. This means you cannot star composing another message for 30 seconds after you hit send on the last one.
    08-20-2016 11:57 AM
    I am using Lumia 730 and i am on build 14393.82 and still i am not getting anniversary update .... Can anyone please help me
    08-20-2016 12:00 PM
    Try changing your insider status to Slow.
    08-20-2016 12:04 PM
    I am using Lumia 730 and i am on build 14393.82 and still i am not getting anniversary update .... Can anyone please help me
    You overpassed it >.< read build numbers and relax, your are on the way like everywhere
    08-20-2016 12:06 PM
    Yup, all on AT&T. If I send from one phone to another, the receiving one gets it right away, but it just hangs on the sending phone for a long time before moving the text up to the sent area. This means you cannot star composing another message for 30 seconds after you hit send on the last one.
    I fear that. There's love between At.T and Microsoft since ever >.<
    08-20-2016 12:09 PM
    Still on 10586.545 with Lumias 1520 (Vodafone Italy) and 930 (O2 UK), branded, unlocked. No sign of an update. L930 was hard reset a couple of days ago - still no update.
    This thread gives me the idea that RS1 is as bug ridden as it gets. Maybe worth just staying in TH2 when they actually get around to making the AU available to my devices?
    08-20-2016 12:30 PM
    Still on 10586.545 with Lumias 1520 (Vodafone Italy) and 930 (O2 UK), branded, unlocked. No sign of an update. L930 was hard reset a couple of days ago - still no update.
    This thread gives me the idea that RS1 is as bug ridden as it gets. Maybe worth just staying in TH2 when they actually get around to making the AU available to my devices?
    Wrong.
    It depends where are you NOW.
    Au is available everywhere, even on older devices (some countries and carriers exception, but I'm italian and Vodafone doesn't locked anything but firmwares, not o.s., for one month after official release)
    You can simply skip that joing Insider program and getting the Production ring.
    Just for chronichle, we are on RS2
    08-20-2016 12:37 PM
    Wrong.
    It depends where are you NOW.
    Au is available everywhere, even on older devices (some countries and carriers exception, but I'm italian and Vodafone doesn't locked anything but firmwares, not o.s., for one month after official release)
    You can simply skip that joing Insider program and getting the Production ring.
    Just for chronichle, we are on RS2
    I was not suggesting that the update was locked, just stating that it has not been made available to my devices for whatever reason. L930 is in wifi with no SIM and 1520 is on a Dutch network. What I would like, is to have a stable and smooth experience, hence I do not join the insider program. What ring are you getting RS2 on? Would you say it's a more stable experience than on RS1?
    08-20-2016 12:42 PM
    I was not suggesting that the update was locked, just stating that it has not been made available to my devices for whatever reason. L930 is in wifi with no SIM and 1520 is on a Dutch network. What I would like, is to have a stable and smooth experience, hence I do not join the insider program. What ring are you getting RS2 on? Would you say it's a more stable experience than on RS1?
    It is available for ALL devices, no one excluded. Check forum and google.
    You can find official AU RS1 update in Production Ring, or Release Preview (a few days most stable preview of official release)
    RS1 AU is the official stable win10 mobile, you can call it as you like ;)

RS2 is the new testing branch for fast ring, like RS1 one year ago. I said you about it only for making undestand updates are not model limited. (Except older uneligile phones, that's clear)
    08-20-2016 12:50 PM
    It is available for ALL devices, no one excluded. Check forum and google.
    You can find official AU RS1 update in Production Ring, or Release Preview (a few days most stable preview of official release)
    RS1 AU is the official stable win10 mobile, you can call it as you like ;)

RS2 is the new testing branch for fast ring, like RS1 one year ago. I said you about it only for making undestand updates are not model limited. (Except older uneligile phones, that's clear)
    Yes yes... I was aware of that already. This is why I can't understand why my devices have not gotten the general public release and still stuck on 10586.545.
    So RS2 is on the fast ring... makes sense. Still, seeing as this thread is mostly about people finding bugs on RS1, I was hoping that you wold be able to share your experience after being on both RS1 and RS2. Is RS2 more stable than RS1 (which seems to be a complete disaster in terms of bugs).
    08-20-2016 01:10 PM
    So where is the change log for this so called anniversary update?! Yes, it was the .67 insider fast before and as such it should've included all its features as well, but it does NOT!!! For example, where is L950 Camera Panorama?! I am sure there are others...
    08-20-2016 02:32 PM
    I had been running .67 as an insider for a while. One issue I have had for weeks (or maybe months) that's still present in .67 is that my calendar tile would stop updating and revert to the static Outlook icon, and I had to resize the tile everyday to re-enable the live tile.

I'd be interested to hear if non-insiders updating to the AU for the first time are encountering this problem. I want to know whether I'm facing this issue because something got messed up from installing previous insider builds, or whether this is a real issue that's MS has yet to address.
    I have the same issue. \: The tile needs to be resized to show the content. Another bug is after every Outlook Mail/Calendar update from Store, their icons disappear, leaving a blank tile. I have to open each app to restore their icons.
    Rinsun likes this.
    08-20-2016 03:29 PM
307 ... 56789 ...