Windows 10 Mobile Official/Production: Anniversary Update 14393.67 (Redstone 1, Inactive)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Official/Production: Anniversary Update 14393.67 (Redstone 1, non-Insider)

i have been having issues with the display brightness suddenly changing from what seems an acceptable brightness to very dark - almost unreadable...
i usually keep it on "darkest" and auto change
but i notice that sometimes after unlocking from the lock screen - i normally use windows hello - the screen will go VERY dark
if i change the "auto" - then i notice that the notification shade no longer shows the words "darkest, darker" etc. but now shows "0% 10%" etc.

Yes... i did submit via feedback...

Also the scaling is not working as expected - cant get back to my previous settings no matter what i do.

disappointed about this - on a 950XL - one of the newer phones and my phone was running very well - stable on previous OS before AU

Anyone else?

Let phone stabylize a couple of days. Check Store for pending app updates. New brightness works wid words, no more % since months. Check sensor cleaness and use brightness slide: now you can change how much autobrightness should move of each dark/ darker etc.
It seems something still not installed.

Try a soft reset then

unichips

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Official/Production: Anniversary Update 14393.67 (Redstone 1, non-Insider)

My 512 MB Lumia 635 (Canada; Rogers) received the upgrade to 10.0.14393.67 on release day.

I originally used Insider Release Preview to move from WP8.1 to W10M, and then immediately left the program and ran on the production ring from that point on. No other registry hacks, etc. I was definitely on the production ring when the phone automatically downloaded the Anniversary Update.

I've noticed some annoying bugs relating to the nav bar and the screen geometry: In Portrait mode, action buttons anchored to the bottom of the screen are covered over by the nav bar (pretty much all apps with action buttons, both 3rd-party and built-in, except for Microsoft Edge).

Some apps without action buttons may have the bottom of their scrollable content cut off by the nav bar.

I've been reluctant to file official feedback on the issue, because I understand that my device is not officially supported.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

My 512 MB Lumia 635 (Canada; Rogers) received the upgrade to 10.0.14393.67 on release day.

I originally used Insider Release Preview to move from WP8.1 to W10M, and then immediately left the program and ran on the production ring from that point on. No other registry hacks, etc. I was definitely on the production ring when the phone automatically downloaded the Anniversary Update.

I've noticed some annoying bugs relating to the nav bar and the screen geometry: In Portrait mode, action buttons anchored to the bottom of the screen are covered over by the nav bar (pretty much all apps with action buttons, both 3rd-party and built-in, except for Microsoft Edge).

Some apps without action buttons may have the bottom of their scrollable content cut off by the nav bar.

I've been reluctant to file official feedback on the issue, because I understand that my device is not officially supported.

I can't believe it! Guess your phone got a firmware sign that fooled the 512 MB check (maybe identical to 640) !!!
I tried the same with may spare 520, nothing to do

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

I got the 14393.67 update on my L635 a few days ago (512MB, unbranded, unlocked, US CV). Same as you: not on insider, no registry hack, but I got it anyway. I also have the same problems you do with the nav bar blocking the commands at the bottom for some apps. Camera just got updated for me, so the shutter button's no longer blocked. Edge still has the ellipses blocked when in landscape mode. But, like you, I didn't submit any feedback since my phone technically isn't supported.

What I'm interested in finding out is how it works on the 1GB L635s because that phone is officially supported.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I've seen reports that Battery does not show on Lock and Glance with AU.

I realized I'm not seeing this issue as I use Battery by Arthur Semonov. It displays just fine.

danslb

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

There used to be a site that listed when things were released. Is that still out there?
I know nothing about that. Your suggesting the there is a carrier waiting list?

MrStormChaser

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site

I have it on the lumia 635 1Gb right now. its ok, but sad thing is hard to see to text. and i cannot delete text conversations. not sure if others have this issue

MrStormChaser

Martin Zone

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site

I've seen reports that Battery does not show on Lock and Glance with AU.

I realized I'm not seeing this issue as I use Battery by Arthur Semonov. It displays just fine.

Maybe so, but you loose one manageable icon for something so basic as a quick check for battery level which was there before but "improved" system update removed it (?).
For example on the glance/lock screen I have weather app for detailed status and five others quick status icons: skype, phone, calendar, mail, messaging. So I would say 6 essential infos which are, I guess, chosen by 90% users. You would have to get rid of one just to put a battery info on.

With the new update there is only alarm icon left by the time digits. Where are charging battery, muted ringer, quiet hours (half moon) icon? I cannot believe they are omitted intentionally, are they? I mean that was the main purpose of glance screen. What's the time, ok, what's the battery level, oh **** I'm low, o damn, my ringer is muted...just the essential stuff for every phone. And they forget about that??

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

@MrStormChaser
Do you have problems with the navigation bar on the bottom blocking buttons? For example, in Maps, the search, route, favorites, and tab buttons are all partially covered by the navigation bar on my 635.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

New change observed in Messaging.
Earlier if I kept SMS delivery Conformation ON, I was getting "message delivered" SMS from operator. But now after SMS is delivered, "Delivered" in very small letters is displayed below sent SMS. In same conversation, after I send another message, "Delivered" text is displayed below latest sent SMS. No way to check exact time of SMS delivery now.
Not sure if this is good or bad change, but I could refer to exact time on which SMS was delivered, just for record.

Look again....The date and time are displayed in the sms box and just below show delivered.
That is on my L830

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Hi guys!

I have Lumia 830 from fido Canada. I didn't wait for my carrier to upgrade because you know, they don't give a **** about Windows Mobile upgrades and I was too impatient. So, as always I joined insider again and upgraded to the release build i.e 14393.82. I am having few issues with it now. If anyone has had the same issue, guide me.

* Store is unable to update any app, skype and whatsapp update are pending for 3-4 days now. Initially I thought, the store is broken at back end and will resolve itself, but it didn't happen. On my PC though, the same thing happened but there I could fix it using Powershell cmdlets.

* Cortana is broken too, the listening ability of cortana is broken, crashes as soon as I press mic

* Sometimes on the taskbar at top only clock appears, nothing else.

There are couple of other minor issues but I fixed them. I want to try out new skype app. My brother has a 650 and he got the update in settings itself. he did the update and has not seen any of these issues.

BTW, action center notifications look kinda ugly now. >.< may be its just because of the change and I will get a hold of it as time passes.

You need to download a language pack for Cortana to work had the same issue. ☺

Speech --> language pack

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Maybe so, but you loose one manageable icon for something so basic as a quick check for battery level which was there before but "improved" system update removed it (?).
For example on the glance/lock screen I have weather app for detailed status and five others quick status icons: skype, phone, calendar, mail, messaging. So I would say 6 essential infos which are, I guess, chosen by 90% users. You would have to get rid of one just to put a battery info on.

With the new update there is only alarm icon left by the time digits. Where are charging battery, muted ringer, quiet hours (half moon) icon? I cannot believe they are omitted intentionally, are they? I mean that was the main purpose of glance screen. What's the time, ok, what's the battery level, oh **** I'm low, o damn, my ringer is muted...just the essential stuff for every phone. And they forget about that??

Now that DDTW works haphazardly I miss glance alot more now. There are times when I'm cooking and i'd be able to quickly unlock with my elbows and navigate. Now it feels like I have to drop the "peoples elbow like the Rock" just get the darn thing to unlock... and don't get me started on screen responsive either... lets just say it's not that easy to get cookie dough of the phone screen with your elbows!

david003

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site

I think this is the same thing I'm seeing on my Lumia 636 (1GB). It updated to the Anniversary edition automatically (not part of insider program). And now the bottom of Apps are cut off. It's especially horrible for Messaging, since you can't see what you're typing or access the menu. I'm thinking it's because they set the App resolution to 480x854 instead of 480x800.

This is what I'm seeing here:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...nversation-gone-after-anniversary-update.html

If I put it in landscape mode, then it's ok.

avi_920

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site

Anyone facing issues with syncing sent email from outlook exchange email account? Mine syncs only email from past one month, though inbox is synced completely in my L950.

Have tried both hard and soft rest, still no use. Help!

Sherif Hafez

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site

How do I go back to 10586.545 after the Anniversary Update?

Nitish_KSharma

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

You need to download a language pack for Cortana to work had the same issue. ☺

Speech --> language pack

I have the language pack. All the relevant settings are fine. the language, location, region... everything is fine... it just crashes when I press mic.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

I have the language pack. All the relevant settings are fine. the language, location, region... everything is fine... it just crashes when I press mic.

Try downloading English United Kingdom when I had English US default it crashed but when I downloaded the UK English one both worked I don't know why but it does work. Try it and see. 🙂

Dani_Renka

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site

Hello guys!

Please, I'M DESPERATE! :crying::crying::crying:

I can't make messaging + skype work. It seems it lost its configuration after the update.
I sign in on the app, but I can't see any messages coming from skype, only SMS. And I can only send SMS, there is no option to send skype messages... or make skype video calls.

Also, when people calls me via skype I'm unable to see the incoming call...
Before the update, this integration worked like a charm.

Help me please! :cry:

Thanks in advance.

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

I think this is the same thing I'm seeing on my Lumia 636 (1GB). It updated to the Anniversary edition automatically (not part of insider program). And now the bottom of Apps are cut off. It's especially horrible for Messaging, since you can't see what you're typing or access the menu. I'm thinking it's because they set the App resolution to 480x854 instead of 480x800.

This is what I'm seeing here:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...nversation-gone-after-anniversary-update.html

If I put it in landscape mode, then it's ok.

It's not just certain apps. It's also certain parts of the OS. Since the 1GB 636 is officially supported for the W10m upgrade, I really hope you complain about this to Microsoft and submit feedback so that they're aware of what's happening to phones with 480x854 displays. This is just sloppy work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos