Windows 10 Mobile Official/Production: Anniversary Update 14393.67 (Redstone 1, Inactive)

geekahedron

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Official/Production: Anniversary Update 14393.67 (Redstone 1, non-Insider)

Update: Today, after the update, I'm seeing updates available in the store for a number of built-in app, including People, Skype Preview, Messaging + Skype (which is what it's still called despite not having the functionality), and 15 other system components. All are failing with the dreaded 0x80073CF9 and so far I'm unable to get those to work, but perhaps the app updates will bring the functionality back?

Update: Got the updates installed by switching app installation to the device instead of the SD card (shouldn't that have been fixed by now?) and there's no change in functionality. That is to say, the "Messaging + Skype" app only works for normal SMS/MMS messaging, and not Skype.

Last edited:

TheAshigaru

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Official/Production: Anniversary Update 14393.67 (Redstone 1, non-Insider)

I've been having an issue with the Audible app since the AU. The audio always pauses when the screen turns off or if I leave the app (e.g. returning to the start menu with Audible still running in the background). It only seems to happen with Audible since Groove still works fine. When I return to the Audible app, the book picks up immediately where it left off.

Anyone else been having this issue or able to suggest a fix?

I've done a reboot and a soft reset so far. I've also tried changing any of the in-app Audible settings that seemed like they could be affecting it--but no luck.

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site

Oh, great. I now have the Bluetooth-icon bug where it continues to be highlighted regardless of it being off or not. I have done a soft-reset, not a hard-reset. It seriously can't be that I have to do hard resets every Tuesday. I did a hard reset after the AU, then the cumulative update screwed things up.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Update: Today, after the update, I'm seeing updates available in the store for a number of built-in app, including People, Skype Preview, Messaging + Skype (which is what it's still called despite not having the functionality), and 15 other system components. All are failing with the dreaded 0x80073CF9 and so far I'm unable to get those to work, but perhaps the app updates will bring the functionality back?

Go to Settings -> Storage and hange temporarly App destination from SD to Device.
Then go back to Store and check updates, they will start

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I've been having an issue with the Audible app since the AU. The audio always pauses when the screen turns off or if I leave the app (e.g. returning to the start menu with Audible still running in the background). It only seems to happen with Audible since Groove still works fine. When I return to the Audible app, the book picks up immediately where it left off.

Anyone else been having this issue or able to suggest a fix?

I've done a reboot and a soft reset so far. I've also tried changing any of the in-app Audible settings that seemed like they could be affecting it--but no luck.

You forgot checkin in Audible is enabled in Background Apps in Phone Settings

geekahedron

May 16, 2013
Visit site

Messages and Skype were separated, far better getting messages divided by app

Seriously? In what world is it better to bounce between different messaging apps than to have everything in one place? I was really enjoying, for a brief stint, being able to view all my various conversations with different people, and with the same people on different protocols, within the single app. I fail to grok how removing that ability is "far better" (and you could always open the Skype app if you really really wanted to anyway)?

eballack

May 4, 2016
Visit site
I don't know if someone have already mentioned it,my problem is notifications do not disappear even though I read them(for sms,WhatsApp)To make them disappear I have to swipe action center down and wait for 2 seconds.Is there any fix or is it just another bug?

TheAshigaru

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site

I hadn't checked that, but unfortunately Audible was already toggled on in the Background Apps. I tried turning it off, rebooting and switching it back on with no effect. Audible still has the same problem when the setting is toggled off as well.

Would reinstalling Audible help? Or doing a hard reset? I'd like to avoid that if possible.

**EDIT**
It seems that reinstalling the Audible app has fixed the problem. Books play normally when the screen is turned off again.

Last edited:

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

i have encountered a couple of bugs with the Anniversary update, here are my thoughts using it on my Lumia 735

Bugs Encountered
- Tried to change the the wallpaper of the START screen from the Settings menu, while changing, the phone locked up and the vibration just kept going. I had to pull out the battery for it to stop. I attempted to change the wallpaper again, this time through the Photos app and it went through.
- Changed the text message tone for one of my contacts but it still uses the text tone in the sound settings.
- People app reloaded all of my contacts again from scratch.

Some changes i need to get used to.
- When checking "Downloads & Updates" in the Store app, i do not like how each app is spaced so far from each other and the progress bar is just too big.
- MS removed the option to add apps to break through the battery saver. Now i'd have to go and scroll through the apps from the apps usage list.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Seriously? In what world is it better to bounce between different messaging apps than to have everything in one place? I was really enjoying, for a brief stint, being able to view all my various conversations with different people, and with the same people on different protocols, within the single app. I fail to grok how removing that ability is "far better" (and you could always open the Skype app if you really really wanted to anyway)?

I don't know how you used this app for your "brief stint", but I noticed the following:

1.) When I received a skype message it was logged to the message notification banner.
2.) Initially that seemed great, until I would receive a skype message that had 23 (or more) lines per message, and VERY LINE (were the sender hit ENTER to transmit) was logged as a separate, and new message - so, for "ONE" Skype message, I received 23 message notifications on my banner, I received 23 Sound Alerts for those 23 lines within that ONE message; and, my important text messages were LOST within the myriad of banner notifications I received from a few Skype messages.

For "me" it was hard to organize: due mostly to the large number of skype messages I got, multiplied by the number of lines "per" Skype message.

It got to where my notification banner (along with sound) was going off so much, that I was mostly ignoring them; and subsequently the important client text messages that would periodically come in, were also being ignored as a result.

I, for one, like that they improved skype, AND separated it from text messages. Again, "for me" it works great, for if I get a text message, it is usually important, and should NOT be ignored.

Under some circumstances, more is not necessarily better for everyone; and by separating the two apps, they can better serve all. IMHO:)

Martin Zone

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site

That is (was) a problem and oversight in the messaging app, not in the concept of having one app for all messaging or every app separate for different message forms.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

i have encountered a couple of bugs with the Anniversary update, here are my thoughts using it on my Lumia 735

Bugs Encountered
- Tried to change the the wallpaper of the START screen from the Settings menu, while changing, the phone locked up and the vibration just kept going. I had to pull out the battery for it to stop. I attempted to change the wallpaper again, this time through the Photos app and it went through.

You should hold vol down + power till phones switch down ,then it reboot itself (soft reset)
Better not playong too much puttin and leaving battery

Jackson Ombati

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site

I don't know if someone have already mentioned it,my problem is notifications do not disappear even though I read them(for sms,WhatsApp)To make them disappear I have to swipe action center down and wait for 2 seconds.Is there any fix or is it just another bug?

I have this problem too on my lumia 540 and it began immediately i installed the latest cumulative update. Please help!

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

I'm not getting any notifications when I receive a text message. Phone doesn't ring or vibrate, nothing on the lock screen and nothing on the start screen.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

Never mind I has messaging background disabled ♿

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

That is (was) a problem and oversight in the messaging app, not in the concept of having one app for all messaging or every app separate for different message forms.

I like the "concept" that Outlook has (if that is what you mean); where the parent app contains the total number of emails from ALL the children accounts; and provides a central location that contains ALL email accounts for management purposes (AND, for all the different email providers; ie: Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook) - and even has some global settings options for all email accounts - for I find this to be very convenient. But, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, would I want to have ONLY the total number of incoming emails represented in one place, and NO quick reference for the individual incoming emails, for each account - for I give out different email, for different reasons, to different people/companies, in an attempt to avoid spam.

But, as far as the current Skype/Messenger being separated; as long as I get a notifications on the machine I am on at the time, for both Skype and Messenger; able to respond immediately from that machine; and, they both work well...I don't feel that we are losing anything in the way of performance for either.

Baemir

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: Bad update

A little searching before posting: lumia 635 text scaling iussue is well know and under investigation. It' only for that particular screen size. Don'blame 10, it works pretty well on most others ;)

He never claimed it was never reported before. And I don't see why we can't blame the OS, since it's supposed to work on that resolution, and we've been waiting for a fix from W10M developers for weeks now. If this was Android or iOS, that bug would have never even made it into a final release.

Mikeb99

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site

Yes, I have only major problem is that both News and Weather have stopped working, they start to open and then fall back to the start screen. Seems to be associated with the update from 14393.5 to 14393.67.
My 640 is a 640 DS LTE
Mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs