Windows 10 mobile anniversary update - All Settings not working anymore

tabraoui

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 950 Unlocked. I received the Windows 10 mobile anniversary this morning, however, after the update, when I try to go to "All settings" I get "Search for app in the store?" when I click yes I get "Your search for "ms-settings" had no results.
Anyone?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 950 Unlocked. I received the Windows 10 mobile anniversary this morning, however, after the update, when I try to go to "All settings" I get "Search for app in the store?" when I click yes I get "Your search for "ms-settings" had no results.
Anyone?

Soft reset

tabraoui

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I tried to soft reset a couple of times. Unfortunately, nothing changed.
And I can't even do a hard reset.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
My 950 unlocked (U.S.) is not experiencing this issue. I've installed the anniversary update but I also did a hard reset using the *Don't restore* option immediately after the installation. If it bothers you and the issue doesn't sort out -- hard reset is an option (I've resorted to do this a couple of times in the past on my phones and issues were fixed)

tabraoui

May 17, 2012
Visit site
My 950 unlocked (U.S.) is not experiencing this issue. I've installed the anniversary update but I also did a hard reset using the *Don't restore* option immediately after the installation. If it bothers you and the issue doesn't sort out -- hard reset is an option (I've resorted to do this a couple of times in the past on my phones and issues were fixed)

How can I hard reset... I can't get the settings to open!

tabraoui

May 17, 2012
Visit site
there's the hard reset key sequence

hold vol up, then plug charger... wait till a ! mark appears

left volume then press one key once: vol up , vol down, power, vol down

Let phone plugged and get wifi ready

Thank you for the tip.
I finally did a hard reset, but restored my latest backup... Settings, Cortana and Edge are working now.

bichaels

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I think app crashing at launch must be a common bug with the AU? I get it on a few apps such as beach buggy racing and voicewake, my mum gets it on skype which is working fine for me.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I think app crashing at launch must be a common bug with the AU? I get it on a few apps such as beach buggy racing and voicewake, my mum gets it on skype which is working fine for me.

It happens on SD card apps, they might need sometimes attention / update / re-installation

DaHardhouse

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I've uninstalled and reinstalled Health app on device and SD memory card, soft reset, hard reset. The same problem still persists, i.e. splash screen shows and then app dies.

A curious memory requirement inconsistency:
- 87.7 Mb needed acc. to the Store app,
- only 52.6 Mb once installed on device or moved from SD card to device

Is the Store not installing the entire app?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss