Whatsapp notifications stopped

rponting

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Whatsapp has been flaky for me and whole host of apps through out insider builds but that was to be expected on insider. Unfortunately that trend has continued through production builds too. Some builds everything was awesome but recently... just horrible to put it politely.

Trust me, it's not just you either.
I agree there bugs like these shouldn't come in production builds

rromerof

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
This is the first thing i noticed after updating to RS1... No notifications now... I have changed my battery saver settings for whatsapp to always allowed... Rebooted my phone... Notifications started working for a few hours... Now, they have stopped again...
It's just sad how after every mayor update from Microsoft, things become buggier than before the update. Fanboys would say: I don't need notifications, what for? My wife also had this issue, I don't know how the app return to normality after a couple of days without notifications but it is "normal" again: I wonder how many days would last W10M running "well" before another bug appears. Let's bet.

Posted from my iPhone Pro with MS Productivity Apps that run better than any W10M.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
It's just sad how after every mayor update from Microsoft, things become buggier than before the update. Fanboys would say: I don't need notifications, what for? My wife also had this issue, I don't know how the app return to normality after a couple of days without notifications but it is "normal" again: I wonder how many days would last W10M running "well" before another bug appears. Let's bet.

Posted from my iPhone Pro with MS Productivity Apps that run better than any W10M.

and there are also users who's experience improves with every major update. We have to remember that the complaints we see in the forums are not a representation of reality since the complaints are always skewed towards higher numbers on the forums. We don't get much from people complimenting the same OS, do we?

Gabriel Chin1

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I havent gotten any notification since the update, 3 days ago, but last night out of nowhere it decided worked. And today it went back to being dead. Anything similar happened to you guys?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I havent gotten any notification since the update, 3 days ago, but last night out of nowhere it decided worked. And today it went back to being dead. Anything similar happened to you guys?

has whatsapp released any update since AU came out? I'm thinking they need to do so to work with the newer OS

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
On my L930, after the anyversary update, Whatsapp notifications also stopped.
In battery saving settings, I had Whatsapp set to be "always allowed" to work in the background.
There is a new setting now, "controlled by windows" (? I think, because mine is Dutch, so don't know how it exactly is called).
And after changing whatsapp to that, notifications started working again.

rromerof

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
If this forum represents a sample of a disappearing user base, I do not imagine how many people that succeeded on updating to W10M have problems with it. First of all, the changes in UI, most people don't like changes, some functionalities that have disappeared, apps crashing with no reason, overall OS instability. As far as I remember, when I developed an App for Windows Phone 7.5/7.8, when something went wrong with the app, Microsoft notified me through the Developers portal. I wonder what are the native apps reporting to Microsoft when they crash right after they're launched. How bad the ARM implementation of Windows 10 Mobile is developed, why Microsoft have been unable to build a stable experience even among the same devices. As for today I don't trust on any ARM implementation of Windows OneCore because for me, Microsoft have no experience on handling those SoC/Processors, as a result we see a broken mobile platform. (Sorry about my english as I am not a native speaker).

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Anyone on the whatsapp beta? my notification have completely stopped. No live tile updates, nothing, they only appear when I have the action centre open regardless if the app is closed or not which defeats the darn purpose of notifications! :grincry::grincry::grincry:.

On my L930, after the anyversary update, Whatsapp notifications also stopped.
In battery saving settings, I had Whatsapp set to be "always allowed" to work in the background.
There is a new setting now, "controlled by windows" (? I think, because mine is Dutch, so don't know how it exactly is called).
And after changing whatsapp to that, notifications started working again.

Let us know if they stop again .). I didn't have that option until I did a soft reset... oddly enough... though have done a few already lol..

koller16

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I am having this same problem with Instagram, WhatsApp and Skype notifications and sure with more app that I am not aware, this is on a L930. This began happening since the AU update. I did a recovery with WDRT because the settings and Cortana apps stopped working but the notifications worked fine. From there I had to update from 8.1 to W10M AU and the I did a hard reset but the I noticed the apps where not working on the background and I only received the messages when I open the app, and WhatsApp web disconnects when I go to the home screen or lock my phone and is kind os useless a messaging app that not let me know when I have a message! I am waiting for @RedSign feedback to know if the hard reset solved this permanently, because a soft reset fix it like for a minute then the problem comes back.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I am having this same problem with Instagram, WhatsApp and Skype notifications and sure with more app that I am not aware, this is on a L930. This began happening since the AU update. I did a recovery with WDRT because the settings and Cortana apps stopped working but the notifications worked fine. From there I had to update from 8.1 to W10M AU and the I did a hard reset but the I noticed the apps where not working on the background and I only received the messages when I open the app, and WhatsApp web disconnects when I go to the home screen or lock my phone and is kind os useless a messaging app that not let me know when I have a message! I am waiting for @RedSign feedback to know if the hard reset solved this permanently, because a soft reset fix it like for a minute then the problem comes back.

Instead recovering with WDRT, you should use hard reset with backup, so phone reinstalls correctly last downloaded build and updates all core and 3rd party apps

RedSign

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I am waiting for @RedSign feedback to know if the hard reset solved this permanently, because a soft reset fix it like for a minute then the problem comes back.

The problem is indeed fixed permanently since hard resetting my device. WhatsApp, Telegram, Mail all receiving notifications as they should.

lowrider2107

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Same here on Lumia 950. I switched to whatsapp Beta hoping the notifications issue would be gone... but no.
I had this problem even before upgrading to Redstone when I was still using the whatsapp release version.
It is really annoying. Rebooting appears to help for a while but for sure the problem comes back.

I haven't noticed any notification issue with other app.
Would be good to know if anyone is looking into this, M$ or whatsapp, whoever...

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Same here on Lumia 950. I switched to whatsapp Beta hoping the notifications issue would be gone... but no.
I had this problem even before upgrading to Redstone when I was still using the whatsapp release version.
It is really annoying. Rebooting appears to help for a while but for sure the problem comes back.

I haven't noticed any notification issue with other app.
Would be good to know if anyone is looking into this, M$ or whatsapp, whoever...

Most of people get notification normally (like me on my 650), that sounds like a network / country / area server iussue.
Whatsapp got 3 updates last 2 weeks, even if still no UWP.
Stay away beta

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Let us know if they stop again .).

Just here to let you know, they indeed stopped on my L930....
There is a notification on the live tile, notification centre and on the lock screen, but I don't get a sound when my phone is locked.
The L650 from my wife has no problems (thank god ;-) )

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Just here to let you know, they indeed stopped on my L930....
There is a notification on the live tile, notification centre and on the lock screen, but I don't get a sound when my phone is locked.
The L650 from my wife has no problems (thank god ;-) )

Change sound to anything but Default. It works

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Change sound to anything but Default. It works

And they are working again.

Don't know how, but for whatever reason, somebody :wink: switched a toggle, and then did not get notifications anymore on my lockscreen.

I'm a mobile W8 / 8.1 / 10 user, joined the insider program in Feb 2015, but still am able to switch a toggle, without noticing..... :winktongue:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel