09-29-2016 03:17 PM
66 123
tools
    I havent gotten any notification since the update, 3 days ago, but last night out of nowhere it decided worked. And today it went back to being dead. Anything similar happened to you guys?
    08-22-2016 01:05 AM
    I havent gotten any notification since the update, 3 days ago, but last night out of nowhere it decided worked. And today it went back to being dead. Anything similar happened to you guys?
    has whatsapp released any update since AU came out? I'm thinking they need to do so to work with the newer OS
    08-22-2016 01:39 AM
    On my L930, after the anyversary update, Whatsapp notifications also stopped.
    In battery saving settings, I had Whatsapp set to be "always allowed" to work in the background.
    There is a new setting now, "controlled by windows" (? I think, because mine is Dutch, so don't know how it exactly is called).
    And after changing whatsapp to that, notifications started working again.
    TechFreak1 and Maceart like this.
    08-22-2016 09:28 AM
    has whatsapp released any update since AU came out? I'm thinking they need to do so to work with the newer OS
    Twice
    Chintan Gohel and TechFreak1 like this.
    08-22-2016 10:09 AM
    If this forum represents a sample of a disappearing user base, I do not imagine how many people that succeeded on updating to W10M have problems with it. First of all, the changes in UI, most people don't like changes, some functionalities that have disappeared, apps crashing with no reason, overall OS instability. As far as I remember, when I developed an App for Windows Phone 7.5/7.8, when something went wrong with the app, Microsoft notified me through the Developers portal. I wonder what are the native apps reporting to Microsoft when they crash right after they're launched. How bad the ARM implementation of Windows 10 Mobile is developed, why Microsoft have been unable to build a stable experience even among the same devices. As for today I don't trust on any ARM implementation of Windows OneCore because for me, Microsoft have no experience on handling those SoC/Processors, as a result we see a broken mobile platform. (Sorry about my english as I am not a native speaker).
    08-22-2016 07:43 PM
    3rd Whatsapp update today
    08-23-2016 02:17 AM
    Anyone on the whatsapp beta? my notification have completely stopped. No live tile updates, nothing, they only appear when I have the action centre open regardless if the app is closed or not which defeats the darn purpose of notifications! .

On my L930, after the anyversary update, Whatsapp notifications also stopped.
    In battery saving settings, I had Whatsapp set to be "always allowed" to work in the background.
    There is a new setting now, "controlled by windows" (? I think, because mine is Dutch, so don't know how it exactly is called).
    And after changing whatsapp to that, notifications started working again.
    Let us know if they stop again .). I didn't have that option until I did a soft reset... oddly enough... though have done a few already lol..
    08-24-2016 08:36 PM
    I am having this same problem with Instagram, WhatsApp and Skype notifications and sure with more app that I am not aware, this is on a L930. This began happening since the AU update. I did a recovery with WDRT because the settings and Cortana apps stopped working but the notifications worked fine. From there I had to update from 8.1 to W10M AU and the I did a hard reset but the I noticed the apps where not working on the background and I only received the messages when I open the app, and WhatsApp web disconnects when I go to the home screen or lock my phone and is kind os useless a messaging app that not let me know when I have a message! I am waiting for @RedSign feedback to know if the hard reset solved this permanently, because a soft reset fix it like for a minute then the problem comes back.
    08-25-2016 10:51 AM
    I am having this same problem with Instagram, WhatsApp and Skype notifications and sure with more app that I am not aware, this is on a L930. This began happening since the AU update. I did a recovery with WDRT because the settings and Cortana apps stopped working but the notifications worked fine. From there I had to update from 8.1 to W10M AU and the I did a hard reset but the I noticed the apps where not working on the background and I only received the messages when I open the app, and WhatsApp web disconnects when I go to the home screen or lock my phone and is kind os useless a messaging app that not let me know when I have a message! I am waiting for @RedSign feedback to know if the hard reset solved this permanently, because a soft reset fix it like for a minute then the problem comes back.
    Instead recovering with WDRT, you should use hard reset with backup, so phone reinstalls correctly last downloaded build and updates all core and 3rd party apps
    08-25-2016 10:54 AM
    I am waiting for @RedSign feedback to know if the hard reset solved this permanently, because a soft reset fix it like for a minute then the problem comes back.
    The problem is indeed fixed permanently since hard resetting my device. WhatsApp, Telegram, Mail all receiving notifications as they should.
    koller16 and Chintan Gohel like this.
    08-25-2016 10:57 AM
    Same here on Lumia 950. I switched to whatsapp Beta hoping the notifications issue would be gone... but no.
    I had this problem even before upgrading to Redstone when I was still using the whatsapp release version.
    It is really annoying. Rebooting appears to help for a while but for sure the problem comes back.

I haven't noticed any notification issue with other app.
    Would be good to know if anyone is looking into this, M$ or whatsapp, whoever...
    08-25-2016 11:12 AM
    Same here on Lumia 950. I switched to whatsapp Beta hoping the notifications issue would be gone... but no.
    I had this problem even before upgrading to Redstone when I was still using the whatsapp release version.
    It is really annoying. Rebooting appears to help for a while but for sure the problem comes back.

I haven't noticed any notification issue with other app.
    Would be good to know if anyone is looking into this, M$ or whatsapp, whoever...
    Most of people get notification normally (like me on my 650), that sounds like a network / country / area server iussue.
    Whatsapp got 3 updates last 2 weeks, even if still no UWP.
    Stay away beta
    TechFreak1 likes this.
    08-25-2016 11:43 AM
    Let us know if they stop again .).
    Just here to let you know, they indeed stopped on my L930....
    There is a notification on the live tile, notification centre and on the lock screen, but I don't get a sound when my phone is locked.
    The L650 from my wife has no problems (thank god ;-) )
    TechFreak1 likes this.
    08-26-2016 03:40 AM
    Just here to let you know, they indeed stopped on my L930....
    There is a notification on the live tile, notification centre and on the lock screen, but I don't get a sound when my phone is locked.
    The L650 from my wife has no problems (thank god ;-) )
    Change sound to anything but Default. It works
    TechFreak1 likes this.
    08-26-2016 03:54 AM
    Change sound to anything but Default. It works
    And they are working again.

Don't know how, but for whatever reason, somebody switched a toggle, and then did not get notifications anymore on my lockscreen.

I'm a mobile W8 / 8.1 / 10 user, joined the insider program in Feb 2015, but still am able to switch a toggle, without noticing.....
    08-26-2016 05:31 AM
    I know some people like being on the edge, but others should avoid whatsapp beta. And hard reset definitely solves notification issues on AU.
    08-26-2016 08:16 AM
    Did the reset, the notifications worked ok for a couple of hours, when I finished the restore from the backup and all the updates from the store the problem started again. I don't know if it is caused by some of the updates or an app that may be causing some conflict, not sure.
    08-26-2016 10:27 AM
    Did the reset, the notifications worked ok for a couple of hours, when I finished the restore from the backup and all the updates from the store the problem started again. I don't know if it is caused by some of the updates or an app that may be causing some conflict, not sure.
    Do you updated Whatsapp itself?
    08-26-2016 10:35 AM
    Maybe try reinstalling WhatsApp without backup... I mean if u want to keep some messages you can email them to yourself.. But I doubt WhatsApp causing your notification troubles.. It's mainly OS caused as experienced by many others
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    08-26-2016 01:03 PM
    Do you updated Whatsapp itself?
    WhatsApp was just installed from the store at that time, so I guess it was the latest version!
    08-26-2016 01:25 PM
    Maybe try reinstalling WhatsApp without backup... I mean if u want to keep some messages you can email them to yourself.. But I doubt WhatsApp causing your notification troubles.. It's mainly OS caused as experienced by many others
    I believe the same, it may be caused by the OS since no background service is keeping it connection to the internet.
    08-26-2016 01:35 PM
    Paul Thurrott posted an article titled "Microsoft, It’s Time for a Reliable Computing Initiative" today. This rubbish we have here is one of those things that let me really doubt about the quality and reliability of the software provided by Microsoft these days.

That's really sad because what MS provides around Windows 10 is really a step in the right direction but they really attempt to destroy that with all those bugs. A good example is the Surface Book I'm using right now. On the one hand it is without a doubt the best laptop I have ever used and is a machine that lets Windows 10 really shine. On the other hand it is without a doubt the laptop with the most freezes and BSODs I have ever used.

"Microsoft, it’s time to be decisive, transparent, and true. Stop the build machines. And make things right."
    - Paul Thurrott
    08-26-2016 03:56 PM
    How many of you are using L930s?

I am also getting sporadic notifications with whatsapp now... I reflashed back to Wp8.1, did a hard reset, installed system apps, updated to threshold, did a hard reset, installed whatsapp and enabled it to run in the background under battery settings. Updated to AU and everything was working fine until today. I am not sure what is causing this... it is extremely aggravating. I'm going to wait a few days and see if others who have hard reseted on AU still have notification problems.
    koller16 and Chintan Gohel like this.
    08-26-2016 06:45 PM
    Today I also didn't get notification from WhatsApp and Messenger. I change notification priority of both from High to Normal, did a soft reset and then notifications showed up
    08-27-2016 02:46 PM
    @techfreak1- My problem got resolved with hard reset in AU. I'm using a 640xl. Your case seems a little odd. Maybe there's a problem with your device, firmware or something. I'm just guessing btw.
    TechFreak1 likes this.
    08-29-2016 05:58 AM
66 123