09-29-2016 03:17 PM
66 123
tools
    M7H's answer fixed the issue with me.

********* Windows Mobile...
    TechFreak1 and M7H like this.
    08-29-2016 12:12 PM
    I was afraid the only fix involded a hard-reset. I have to travel tonight, but I'll do it first thing in the morning and I'll let you know how that goes.
    TechFreak1 likes this.
    08-30-2016 05:22 PM
    Turning off the phone and wait a time (30mins) and then turn on solved the Problem for my wife, my friend and for me.
    Reboot and soft reset doesn't help.
    The Problem is caused by the notification Center...
    08-30-2016 10:14 PM
    I deinstalled whatsapp beta and reinstalled the release version.
    What I noticed is that the app is missing in the "notifications and actions" pane under settings.
    Interestingly WA notifications seemed to work fine.

Next day the app IS listed in the "notifications and actions". All options ticked.
    And the notifications STOP working

This could be coincidence... who knows. I'm fed up with this
    09-12-2016 10:48 AM
    My problem recurred and I missed several messages in the last two days. A soft reset fixed the problem immediately. This problem makes the device quite unreliable.
    09-12-2016 10:55 AM
    I deinstalled whatsapp beta and reinstalled the release version.
    What I noticed is that the app is missing in the "notifications and actions" pane under settings.
    Interestingly WA notifications seemed to work fine.

Next day the app IS listed in the "notifications and actions". All options ticked.
    And the notifications STOP working

This could be coincidence... who knows. I'm fed up with this
    You made the error enabling "Keep private on lockscreen" if you ticked all notification.

Remember, apps are listed in Notifies list only after first notify

EDIT: Whatsapp is a infamous one of the baddesp app togheter with FB. SOmetimes you need closing it and reopening for makin work again flawlessy
    09-13-2016 02:18 AM
    My problem recurred and I missed several messages in the last two days. A soft reset fixed the problem immediately. This problem makes the device quite unreliable.
    Write to Facebook developers, they made a mess with whatsapp
    09-13-2016 02:18 AM
    Write to Facebook developers, they made a mess with whatsapp
    There were also missing notifications for messages in Telegram so I would rather blame Microsoft and the notification system in Windwos 10 Mobile than Facebook/WhatsApp. Besides that, the problems began with the Anniversary Update and there have never been any problems with missing notifications for me with prior versions of Windows 10 Mobile.
    09-13-2016 02:44 AM
    I still get notifications but WhatsApp as a whole is a lot buggy now... Groups you mute show notifications, the app becomes dead slow while getting simultaneous messages at the same time and many other issues :cryingheretoo:
    09-13-2016 01:56 PM
    Still broken here on unlocked Lumia 950. Tried Whatsapp Beta, tried regular Whatsapp, notifications are completely broken unless I open the app itself.

Strangely Whatsapp is missing from the Notifications and Actions setting.

This is ****ed up Microsoft. I'm not hard resetting just to fix your damn servers.
    09-21-2016 11:46 AM
    Still broken here on unlocked Lumia 950. Tried Whatsapp Beta, tried regular Whatsapp, notifications are completely broken unless I open the app itself.

Strangely Whatsapp is missing from the Notifications and Actions setting.

This is ****ed up Microsoft. I'm not hard resetting just to fix your damn servers.
    Why you blame MS servers? Whatsapp doesn't use them ;)
    Check forum, most 950 users got no iussues about it, especially after the last montly bugfix update
    Starti with a soft reset.
    Did you enabled it in Background apps? Notify appears in notifies center only after first message, so that means app isn't enabled
    09-21-2016 12:20 PM
    It's enabled in Background apps. It's enabled in Battery Saver. I've soft resetted, regular restarted, re-installed Whatsapp.

Everything short of hard reset.

It's ******* Microsoft. Not Whatsapp's fault.
    09-21-2016 12:38 PM
    Just to update, I still have the same problem, the only this I haven't done is a reset without restoring from the backup, but I don't want to do that. But as others said, this is not WhatsApp it is something with the notifications service, it works when it wants to, today all is awesome and tomorrow I may have to keep opening the app to receive the notifications. This begun with the AU. Just for troubleshoot, today I disabled mobile data to see if there's the problem, and at this point its working fine, only with WiFi. If someone else want to try this and let me know.
    09-26-2016 04:16 PM
    Well I have AU and my whatsapp notifications sre working fine. Are you using battery saver?
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    09-26-2016 05:27 PM
    Well I have AU and my whatsapp notifications sre working fine. Are you using battery saver?
    No I am not using battery saver, this is not happening only with WhatsApp its all notifications in general. I give more details here that thread is about notifications and not only WhatsApp which ir more appropriate! Thanks
    09-29-2016 02:48 PM
    I can add Facebook messenger to the list, several messages received but no notification at all.
    09-29-2016 03:17 PM
66 123