Whatsapp notifications stopped

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Still broken here on unlocked Lumia 950. Tried Whatsapp Beta, tried regular Whatsapp, notifications are completely broken unless I open the app itself.

Strangely Whatsapp is missing from the Notifications and Actions setting.

This is ****ed up Microsoft. I'm not hard resetting just to fix your damn servers.

Why you blame MS servers? Whatsapp doesn't use them ;)
Check forum, most 950 users got no iussues about it, especially after the last montly bugfix update
Starti with a soft reset.
Did you enabled it in Background apps? Notify appears in notifies center only after first message, so that means app isn't enabled

Maceart

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
It's enabled in Background apps. It's enabled in Battery Saver. I've soft resetted, regular restarted, re-installed Whatsapp.

Everything short of hard reset.

It's ******* Microsoft. Not Whatsapp's fault.

koller16

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Just to update, I still have the same problem, the only this I haven't done is a reset without restoring from the backup, but I don't want to do that. But as others said, this is not WhatsApp it is something with the notifications service, it works when it wants to, today all is awesome and tomorrow I may have to keep opening the app to receive the notifications. This begun with the AU. Just for troubleshoot, today I disabled mobile data to see if there's the problem, and at this point its working fine, only with WiFi. If someone else want to try this and let me know.

koller16

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Well I have AU and my whatsapp notifications sre working fine. Are you using battery saver?

No I am not using battery saver, this is not happening only with WhatsApp its all notifications in general. I give more details here that thread is about notifications and not only WhatsApp which ir more appropriate! Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett