The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Hello, flying on a small Delta plane there was no entertainment system. You had to use your phone. But you have to download their app. I doubt they make it for Windows Phone. Did not try because it was down sitting there flight... Problem solved?

Anyone else get to try?

Thanks
    08-22-2016 09:31 AM
    You have to use there app to access the Wi-Fi? I'd imagine just connecting from your phone and opening IE/Edge would prompt to accept there terms, similar to other places. I can't imagine them allowing Wi-Fi and blocking all connections but their app. That would be a very poor way of doing business IMO. But who knows, I've seen dumber things.

Hmm, just looked at their web site, and if I'm reading it correct, I guess you do have to use their app for their free entertainment... and yes, no windows app, which is kind of crazy in this day and age (350+ million W10 installs (easily more than a few of those are tablets / notebooks)) :( ... If you want Wi-Fi outside of their walled entertainment garden, you have to pay for messaging and/or Wi-Fi.

Always a good idea to load up a phone with offline movies/entertainment prior to take-off.
    Last edited by sinime; 08-22-2016 at 10:01 AM.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    08-22-2016 09:51 AM
    You are correct - you have to use their app to get their inflight entertainment - or like you said - pay!

Bad, bad bad for WP!!!! This also happened to me on another carrier - but it was international. Boy did that suck. Luckily my gf had an android phone and tablet. That worked.

I don't mind loading up, but sometimes you just want to browse, see what they have as a choice.

I hope other carriers start to see people with Surfaces who might want to enjoy a movie for free....

I'm going to email Delta for fun....

But my WP and HP Stream 7 are not going to be useful.
    08-23-2016 10:15 PM