Cannot downgrade 8.1

nam vo

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

My phone has a weird issue that i've never seen, it seems to restore to an unknown backup which causes my phone unusable due to a messed up Microsoft account password. (I cannot fix the account settings, click on Fix => doesn't do anything, however I can manually sign in Onedrive app with the same account to get the phone to back up things.)

Now I cannot use message, people hub, mail with the above MS mail account... try to hard reset, soft reset, no work.

And now every time I run Windows recovery tool (3.9.20701), reinstall the package, my phone immediately reboots causing the software to fail to install anything.

I'm stucked, and don't know what else to do now.
I'm using lumia 1320(1gb ram), 10586.545

Please help

vezycash

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I was going to offer my condolences and go my way. However, there's something you can try.

Before you do your next reset, go offline completely - no wifi, no mobile data. This way, no backup goes to your device during the restore process. And when the Microsoft account prompt comes up, skip it (the skip option is intentionally hard to notice but it's there.)

Also, try removing the phone from your list of devices on microsoft's site. https://account.microsoft.com/devices

nam vo

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
yes, i've tried many times without wifi/data. I reinstall Windows device recovery tool, still the same happens. I moved it to other pc, Surface pro 3, nothing changes.

I'll try your removing suggestion from the list. Last time, I tried to lock the phone, and unlock without success.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
why dont you try getting build 14393 on top of it? I've fixed similar really-messed-up situations doing just that

get interoptools version 7 and change your phonemodelname to 930 and go to release preview on insiders app, you probably dont want to go back to 8.1 and know that you wont get back to w10m after that, at least not as easily

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion