1. Martin Oscar Caballero Sartor's Avatar
    Hi everyone.

I've received the Anniversary Update (AU) for my Lumia 535 on Aug. 16. As you surely know, one of the new features is the ability to open links to a website with the associated app rather than the web browser. For example, you could enable the Windows Central app to open links to WIndows Central using the app rather than your web browser.

And yes, the latest Windows Central (WC) update enabled that functionality for the app. To tell the truth, I thought that the eligible apps depended on the OS and not the app itself. For example, I thought that the AU would come with the ability to use Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other uber-popular apps to open their own links. But that's not the case. Well, that's not the point. But I had to mention my ignorant concept about what "apps for websites " would have meant for me.

The thing is, the latest WC update (1.3.0.0) enabled the app to open links to WC. But that doesn't seem to work for me. Links are still being opened using the browser. What's wrong? Am I missing something?

wp_ss_20160824_0003.png wp_ss_20160824_0001.png wp_ss_20160824_0002.png
    08-24-2016 05:19 AM
    Hi everyone.

I've received the Anniversary Update (AU) for my Lumia 535 on Aug. 16. As you surely know, one of the new features is the ability to open links to a website with the associated app rather than the web browser. For example, you could enable the Windows Central app to open links to WIndows Central using the app rather than your web browser.

And yes, the latest Windows Central (WC) update enabled that functionality for the app. To tell the truth, I thought that the eligible apps depended on the OS and not the app itself. For example, I thought that the AU would come with the ability to use Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other uber-popular apps to open their own links. But that's not the case. Well, that's not the point. But I had to mention my ignorant concept about what "apps for websites " would have meant for me.

The thing is, the latest WC update (1.3.0.0) enabled the app to open links to WC. But that doesn't seem to work for me. Links are still being opened using the browser. What's wrong? Am I missing something?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20160824_0003.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	129752 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20160824_0001.png 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	129753 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20160824_0002.png 
Size:	145.9 KB 
ID:	129754

In the article update for the app it say :

"Note: This feature is pending some last minute server-side changes on our end. While it is not working now, it should "turn on" in the next 24 hours, maybe sooner"
    08-24-2016 06:23 AM
  3. Martin Oscar Caballero Sartor's Avatar
    Ah, OK... Not sure ir I missed that part of the news or if it the article was not yet updated when I read it. Or maybe didn't read it at all and relied solely on teh changelog in the Store. It was early in the morning and I was half-asleep :/

Sorry!
    ttsoldier likes this.
    08-24-2016 06:35 AM