Multitasking in windows 10 mobile

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Closing apps is completely unnecessary.
The only time i close app is when its misbehaving and generally it doesnt fix the problem because the problem is in the below Annals.
Like closing Groove never fixes any music playing issues. HECK, sometimes music is still playing when i close Groove. Apps on WM10 are run in a container and memory management is done automatically. So it is microsofts responsibility to have your container running efficiently. thats why you get loading screens because the memory was needed for something else.
Oh I long for the days when i controlled my own tasks on a phone. I miss my N9, if someone put a quadcore and released an N9, i would buy it.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by whereismydamnphone

Because there are only 5" devices out there, right ?

If it wasn't useful, do you think the two major OSs would have it ? It clearly has a demand for this function. No need to belittle it just because your favorite OS does not offer it.

I wouldn't totally agree with this. The major players come up with "innovations" because they are in competition, not only because there is a demand. I doubt most users regularly use split screen, not that its not liked by some.

rromerof

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Closing apps? Why?
That's so, android!
Just don't close apps, it will also save you resuming screens.

Pressing the back button, does not mean those apps where still open in memory.

I laugh at you when you're trying to justify Windows Mobile forever bugs.

rromerof

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
On older phones should there the limit display set to 7 for not slowing start screen (video memory limit). That's a iussue we discussed months ago, I'm disappointed it popped out again in o.s.

LOL, video memory limit, screen size limit, icon size limit, call you what you want, even you wrote it is an IUSSUE (sic) that Microsoft haven't solved. Period.

rromerof

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Windows 10 mobile is running the same basic kernel as your pc. You can select if apps are allowed to run in the background in settings. In previous versions of the os, apps would be suspended and resumed. They are running all the time now. It is up to the app what it does when backgrounded. Some old apps will suspend themselves, other more modern ones won't. Edge runs well (too well) in the background. You can check what is running in developer mode by connecting to the built in web server. It looks a lot like task manager. You can see processes, and how much cpu they are using. Closing apps you are not using lowers the CPU use which in turn uses less battery. Windows 10 mobile is actually one of the most advanced os to ever run on a phone. It is not a cut down version like android or ios.

I wouldn't say that the core of Windows 10 Mobile is as complete as the PC version, I would say "Adapted" to run on ARM and very bad adapted indeed

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb