08-29-2016 10:42 AM
30 12
tools
    When they will introduce the close all apps features because that a very handy feature for fast closing....and when those they fix app that are open but don't appear in the multitask...they appear when you press the back button and you have all apps close....not fun
    Bobcat665 and Dreznik Xerakof like this.
    08-24-2016 05:07 PM
    You've just touched upon one of the most significant complaints against Windows Mobile; multitasking. There's also the dreaded 'resuming...' when waking your device when it was still in an app. One of the greatest things you can do regarding this is by using the feedback option on your device! Microsoft does listen a majority of the time, albeit somewhat slow on the uptake...
    Maurizio Troso and vezycash like this.
    08-24-2016 05:14 PM
    There's also the dreaded 'resuming...' when waking your device when it was still in an app.
    That doesn't seem to really occur with a UWP Windows 10 app tho. Old WP8 apps (like Whatsapp for instance) do, but new universal apps (Vba10, Facebook - from microsoft -, weather apps, calendar etc....) instantly come back to the screen
    08-25-2016 03:04 AM
    When they will introduce the close all apps features because that a very handy feature for fast closing....and when those they fix app that are open but don't appear in the multitask...they appear when you press the back button and you have all apps close....not fun
    Closing apps? Why?
    That's so, android!
    Just don't close apps, it will also save you resuming screens.

Pressing the back button, does not mean those apps where still open in memory.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    08-25-2016 03:12 AM
    Closing apps? Why?
    Question is : why not ? I don't need Groove to be running h24 and wasting my volume controls, as much as I don't need any other app to run when I don't want it to. That's a user-preference
    08-25-2016 04:02 AM
    A hate that when I know that I closed all apps and press the back key and a random app opens...that feels like a bug
    If there are still opens in the back why they just not appear in the multitasker?
    Joe920, saras112, Canjok and 1 others like this.
    08-25-2016 04:15 AM
    A hate that when I know that I closed all apps and press the back key and a random app opens...that feels like a bug
    If there are still opens in the back why they just not appear in the multitasker?
    On older phones should there the limit display set to 7 for not slowing start screen (video memory limit). That's a iussue we discussed months ago, I'm disappointed it popped out again in o.s.
    08-25-2016 04:20 AM
    I.m a fan of the os but they are little things that makes it feel unfinished and hurried.
    08-25-2016 04:44 AM
    Question is : why not ? I don't need Groove to be running h24 and wasting my volume controls, as much as I don't need any other app to run when I don't want it to. That's a user-preference

That bothers me immensely!
    08-25-2016 05:47 AM
    You've just touched upon one of the most significant complaints against Windows Mobile; multitasking. There's also the dreaded 'resuming...' when waking your device when it was still in an app.
    I am also deeply bothered about this. Since my phone is on fast ring, this occurs more frequently which is kind of irritating when you have to do something quickly.
    08-25-2016 08:15 AM
    That doesn't seem to really occur with a UWP Windows 10 app tho. Old WP8 apps (like Whatsapp for instance) do, but new universal apps (Vba10, Facebook - from microsoft -, weather apps, calendar etc....) instantly come back to the screen
    #fact
    08-25-2016 02:56 PM
    I hope that in later Redstone 2 builds they will do a better job with the multitasking and resume of the apps..
    08-25-2016 03:06 PM
    Windows 10 mobile is running the same basic kernel as your pc. You can select if apps are allowed to run in the background in settings. In previous versions of the os, apps would be suspended and resumed. They are running all the time now. It is up to the app what it does when backgrounded. Some old apps will suspend themselves, other more modern ones won't. Edge runs well (too well) in the background. You can check what is running in developer mode by connecting to the built in web server. It looks a lot like task manager. You can see processes, and how much cpu they are using. Closing apps you are not using lowers the CPU use which in turn uses less battery. Windows 10 mobile is actually one of the most advanced os to ever run on a phone. It is not a cut down version like android or ios.
    08-25-2016 04:56 PM
    I'm still waiting for the day that multitasking in Windows Mobile is as good or better than Android and iOS
    08-25-2016 05:35 PM
    Multitasking is better already. Task switching is not. PS I program kernels/firmware for a living :)
    08-25-2016 08:28 PM
    yeah close all saves a lot of time,
    08-26-2016 01:57 AM
    The "close all" switch doesn't exist for stock android either.
    08-26-2016 02:58 AM
    Better change title: that's not Multitasking, that's Task Manager.
    08-26-2016 03:32 AM
    Some prefer to have them tomb stoned and some like to close all apps either out of habit or have a aging battery.

I prefer to close all my apps as a matter of habit and given that there is no firmware update for the L930 with WM10... some of us do need to close all apps. Sure the UWP apps may be more efficient however code efficiency will only stretch so far - we need firmware optimisations. Like the OP and others I too would like to have a close all button.

Furthermore with larger phones its not as easy to slide and close apps one handed.
    08-26-2016 05:55 AM
    Multitasking is better already. Task switching is not. PS I program kernels/firmware for a living :)
    Better than Nougat, which has the option for split screen multitasking ?
    Actually, i believe ios has it too.

Maybe Windows mobile will have it by 2020.
    08-26-2016 09:48 AM
    Better than Nougat, which has the option for split screen multitasking ?
    Actually, i believe ios has it too.

Maybe Windows mobile will have it by 2020.
    Very useful on 5" I guess, LOL
    08-26-2016 10:14 AM
    Because there are only 5" devices out there, right ?

If it wasn't useful, do you think the two major OSs would have it ? It clearly has a demand for this function. No need to belittle it just because your favorite OS does not offer it.
    08-26-2016 10:26 AM
    Close all apps button is very handy if they add it, it will things easy to close all apps
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    08-26-2016 11:50 AM
    Closing apps is completely unnecessary.
    The only time i close app is when its misbehaving and generally it doesnt fix the problem because the problem is in the below Annals.
    Like closing Groove never fixes any music playing issues. HECK, sometimes music is still playing when i close Groove. Apps on WM10 are run in a container and memory management is done automatically. So it is microsofts responsibility to have your container running efficiently. thats why you get loading screens because the memory was needed for something else.
    Oh I long for the days when i controlled my own tasks on a phone. I miss my N9, if someone put a quadcore and released an N9, i would buy it.
    08-26-2016 01:48 PM
    Originally posted by whereismydamnphone
    Originally Posted by Maurizio Troso
    Because there are only 5" devices out there, right ?

If it wasn't useful, do you think the two major OSs would have it ? It clearly has a demand for this function. No need to belittle it just because your favorite OS does not offer it.
    I wouldn't totally agree with this. The major players come up with "innovations" because they are in competition, not only because there is a demand. I doubt most users regularly use split screen, not that its not liked by some.
    11B1P likes this.
    08-26-2016 03:51 PM
30 12