I just had to do a hard reset and upgraded to the Anniversary Update, but now my glance screen does not move. Also, there are two areas in the settings that have glance settings. One is under Personalization (which works) and the other is under Extras, which I cannot get to work. Anyone have any advice on how to get it moving again on the lockscreen and how I can access the settings under Extras? Thanks a lot!
    08-24-2016 05:16 PM
    Unfortunately this one of the seemingly "hey this works well... let's see if we can mess it up" situations that goes with Win10 Mobile on their phones. All I can suggest is leave feedback ... and hope it's corrected soon.
    libra89 and justonlumia like this.
    08-24-2016 06:30 PM
    So it isn't just my phone experiencing this issue? Is this a problem experienced by everyone?
    08-24-2016 07:17 PM
    Actually, it's one of those "let's add this to the OS" kind of events. Correct, that you're not the only one having this issue, just go into the feedback app and up vote any mention of it so hopefully Microsoft can update and add the remaining features back into the new Glance app.
    08-24-2016 07:38 PM
    If you don't mind editing your registry, you can look into this thread and get the old Glance back:
    Glance working on lumia 1020 Win Redstone 10.0.14390.0. - Post #848
    08-25-2016 01:02 AM
    I just had to do a hard reset and upgraded to the Anniversary Update, but now my glance screen does not move. Also, there are two areas in the settings that have glance settings. One is under Personalization (which works) and the other is under Extras, which I cannot get to work. Anyone have any advice on how to get it moving again on the lockscreen and how I can access the settings under Extras? Thanks a lot!
    Glance under Extras is deprecated and deleted. Now Glance is only in settings
    08-25-2016 02:23 AM
    I have two glance screen settings pages too on my Lumia 640. I deleted the separated glance sreen app, made a soft reset, but the issue still persists.

UPDATE: i triedn to reinstall the glance screen app, but the store says the app is not comptible with my device. It means Maurizio is right, there must be one glance settings page in the Personalization menu. Anyway, it doesn't work. :(
    Last edited by PanaroHU; 08-25-2016 at 03:47 AM.
    08-25-2016 03:30 AM
    I have two glance screen settings pages too on my Lumia 640. I deleted the separated glance sreen app, made a soft reset, but the issue still persists.
    Which iussue?
    08-25-2016 03:36 AM
    Before the AU Glance was a separate app. With the AU it was migrated to the system level (aka. settings). So in many cases Glance it still listed under "Extras" but it won't work/start.
    The new built-in Glance is not as full-featured as the old Glance "app" was - maybe it get better with time.
    You can get the "old" Glance back if you edit your registry
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    08-25-2016 03:40 AM
    The glance screen pops up for a moment and doesn't work after. It worked for one and a half day after installing the Anniversary Update, but today morning stop working. I've just bought another L640 to my wife. I will try this: after upgrading to Win10, I'll make a hard reset, and I'll prevent intalling the Glance screen app or delete it immediatly. Maybe the two glance screens don't like each other sometimes. :) If it works, I'll do the same with my phone. If it fixs the issue I'll post it.
    08-25-2016 05:41 AM
    Here's a "solution". At the lock screen settings we can choose an app to show detailed infos on the lock screen and now on the glance screen too. When I switched it to none, the glance screen works perfectly, when I turned it on again, the issue came again. So we can choose: we have a glance screen then we have before with time, date and the short notification, with the same lock screen, or we turn the glance screen off and use the lock screen as we could before with detailed information.

UPDATE: not every apps. As I can see, the built in apps work well, some third party app can cause a crash.
    Last edited by PanaroHU; 08-25-2016 at 10:41 AM.
    08-25-2016 08:35 AM
    Thank you for the help milkyway! I saw the post you referenced to edit the registry, but I have never done that before. How do I get into the registry and where do I copy and paste all of that code? I hate the new glance screen and would like the old one back. Thank you again!

Also, with the new and worse glance screen with the AU, does anyone's clock move on the glance screen? I hate how it just stays in one place...
    08-25-2016 10:25 AM
    Does anyone on the fast ring know if the glance settings have been improved on that build?
    08-26-2016 12:26 PM
    Does anyone on the fast ring know if the glance settings have been improved on that build?
    No, we are pushin feedbacks for getting back battery and vibro icon, plus charger plugged screensaver as before
    mark233 likes this.
    08-26-2016 12:34 PM
    Care to post links to those feedbacks? Because the feedback hub app is useless since it will automatically filter things based on your region (or language or whatever).
    09-02-2016 01:38 PM