Glance Screen Help

billy269

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I just had to do a hard reset and upgraded to the Anniversary Update, but now my glance screen does not move. Also, there are two areas in the settings that have glance settings. One is under Personalization (which works) and the other is under Extras, which I cannot get to work. Anyone have any advice on how to get it moving again on the lockscreen and how I can access the settings under Extras? Thanks a lot!

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately this one of the seemingly "hey this works well... let's see if we can mess it up" situations that goes with Win10 Mobile on their phones. All I can suggest is leave feedback ... and hope it's corrected soon.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Actually, it's one of those "let's add this to the OS" kind of events. Correct, that you're not the only one having this issue, just go into the feedback app and up vote any mention of it so hopefully Microsoft can update and add the remaining features back into the new Glance app.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I just had to do a hard reset and upgraded to the Anniversary Update, but now my glance screen does not move. Also, there are two areas in the settings that have glance settings. One is under Personalization (which works) and the other is under Extras, which I cannot get to work. Anyone have any advice on how to get it moving again on the lockscreen and how I can access the settings under Extras? Thanks a lot!

Glance under Extras is deprecated and deleted. Now Glance is only in settings

PanaroHU

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I have two glance screen settings pages too on my Lumia 640. I deleted the separated glance sreen app, made a soft reset, but the issue still persists.

UPDATE: i triedn to reinstall the glance screen app, but the store says the app is not comptible with my device. It means Maurizio is right, there must be one glance settings page in the Personalization menu. Anyway, it doesn't work. :(

Last edited:

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Before the AU Glance was a separate app. With the AU it was migrated to the system level (aka. settings). So in many cases Glance it still listed under "Extras" but it won't work/start.
The new built-in Glance is not as full-featured as the old Glance "app" was - maybe it get better with time.
You can get the "old" Glance back if you edit your registry

PanaroHU

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
The glance screen pops up for a moment and doesn't work after. It worked for one and a half day after installing the Anniversary Update, but today morning stop working. I've just bought another L640 to my wife. I will try this: after upgrading to Win10, I'll make a hard reset, and I'll prevent intalling the Glance screen app or delete it immediatly. Maybe the two glance screens don't like each other sometimes. :) If it works, I'll do the same with my phone. If it fixs the issue I'll post it.

PanaroHU

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Here's a "solution". At the lock screen settings we can choose an app to show detailed infos on the lock screen and now on the glance screen too. When I switched it to none, the glance screen works perfectly, when I turned it on again, the issue came again. So we can choose: we have a glance screen then we have before with time, date and the short notification, with the same lock screen, or we turn the glance screen off and use the lock screen as we could before with detailed information.

UPDATE: not every apps. As I can see, the built in apps work well, some third party app can cause a crash.

Last edited:

billy269

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the help milkyway! I saw the post you referenced to edit the registry, but I have never done that before. How do I get into the registry and where do I copy and paste all of that code? I hate the new glance screen and would like the old one back. Thank you again!

Also, with the new and worse glance screen with the AU, does anyone's clock move on the glance screen? I hate how it just stays in one place...

Timo47v

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Care to post links to those feedbacks? Because the feedback hub app is useless since it will automatically filter things based on your region (or language or whatever).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium