Install Old MS Messenger app on Win10M? Solved

pedromja

Feb 11, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I'm new as member of the site but i got a good tutorial to get back facebook old win app and put it to work with what's new into people's app.
All described before on this post failed on me.
Just download this file into windows phone (facebook alpha): https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap-I3qfRl-1ViJgahkEBZpfsW-Cn8A
Enable developer mode
Go to file explorer and click install and done.
If you dont see a people's app update just go over settings on facebook alpha and make it sync contacts.
Enjoy.

Subrata Jana

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I am using FB & Messenger app in L950 and L640XL. Not even a single time both apps are not crashing in L950 at the same time same apps are crashing in L640XL. Therefore, it is crashing only due to insufficient RAM.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I am using FB & Messenger app in L950 and L640XL. Not even a single time both apps are not crashing in L950 at the same time same apps are crashing in L640XL. Therefore, it is crashing only due to insufficient RAM.

The new apps almost always worked on my L640, just took forever to load. Now I've got the older ones and no problem..

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
well, just what we needed https://mspoweruser.com/messenger-windows-phone-8-8-1-will-discontinued-end-march/

I wonder why though, they must be aware the bulk of the users are on 8.1 and even w10m but using this native 8.1 app instead of that UWP abortion they made

so my guess is microsoft told them to kill the 8.1 app, or more likely microsoft's actions(killing 8.1 skype app) influenced their decision here, but then you see whatsapp's stance, that they dont care about w10m and instead are focused on 8.1 development, because after all, the users are there, its hard to argue with that

so I don't get why they want to kill the 8.1 app, just this thread's existence and many others like it should give you an idea of the situation, now they want to force us to use the new app? what could be their reasoning... maybe another strike to kill the undead w10m? because I'd rather not use messenger anymore if I have to use that horrible app today, but thats just me, people on 8.1 are more likely to just leave wp altogether

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully Microsoft will finally push Windows 10 Mobile to eligible devices.

Eliminating the need to opt in. Pushing Windows 10 Mobile to users might justify dropping support for Skype and Messenger a little.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully Microsoft will finally push Windows 10 Mobile to eligible devices.

Eliminating the need to opt in. Pushing Windows 10 Mobile to users might justify dropping support for Skype and Messenger a little.

they wont, if they did, it would mean they would have to support those users, millions of them still left, and that huge influx of new users would further put w10m's not-finished-nature in the spotlight, microsoft would be forced to make some kind of a response

im sure they want to, because doing so would put more weight on UWP phone app development, but then at the same time they dont want to be forced to either dedicate more resources to mobile right now or have to make a very infuriating statement that they wont do anything more than they are doing today

zac says they should do it, I agree, but only until I touch an actual 8.1 device or ios-droid device, only then you can appreciate the wide gulf between them

w10m today is way, way better than it was at 950's launch day, but it is not enough yet compared to wp8.1 or the current duopoly, not even close

edit: welp that was fast, 8.1 messenger seems to be dead as of 8pm EST, can no longer send messages

I reinstalled and got this:
wp_ss_20170329_0001.png

-well I regret to inform you that I wont be using messenger any longer then

RT this: https://twitter.com/EspHack/status/847209788387811328 maybe they get our point? I'd rather see them cease all w10m development and leave that 8.1 app working indefinitely, just patching it if they change anything that breaks it and nothing else, that'd be good enough for me

Last edited:

Anamnesis

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Well it was good while it lasted.... but it stopped working on Windows 10 today for me... had to install the bloaty version :p

michalcifra11111

Mar 24, 2024
Visit site
Re: Old MS Messenger on Win10M ??

well I still have it, and I plan to keep it, that update in the store can stay there until my phone dies

I tried t

he "new" app when it was in beta and said NOPE

so here it is Download Facebook Messenger 11.0.1.0 XAP File for Windows Phone - Appx4Fun

sideload it using device portal or just copy it to phone memory or onedrive

hah, notice how it weights like 6mb whereas the ios port is almost 100mb, insane...

Messenger 11.0.1 xap, app on Win10M? Solved .​

DOWNLOAD LINK?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre