08-29-2016 09:26 PM
26 12
tools
    BLU has removed the Windows Phones link from their website. The story came from here: Blu drops Windows Phones from their redesigned home page - MSPoweruser

I did wonder why they have been quiet on the Windows Mobile front. I guess now we know that there's no Windows 10 Mobile phones from them (at least natively) in the future. Sad but this is understandable.
    Laura Knotek and xandros9 like this.
    08-27-2016 11:33 PM
    Yea read that post. I will wait until they drop official news.

Perhaps we can spam them on twittwat (lol)

Would be weird for them to just walk away from it now. This would leave a lot of customers in the "cold"
    libra89 likes this.
    08-27-2016 11:46 PM
    We'll see. I agree that it is weird, but something that they did right was to release W10M to the phones that are supported.
    ven07 likes this.
    08-28-2016 12:00 AM
    We'll see. I agree that it is weird, but something that they did right was to release W10M to the phones that are supported.
    Amen! Soon the "WP is dead" gang will be reconvening and discussing clickbait titles for this new angle :p Thanks Blu
    Saijin_Naib, libra89 and pankaj981 like this.
    08-28-2016 12:05 AM
    twittwat
    ven07, libra89 and xandros9 like this.
    08-28-2016 06:38 AM
    The phones they made were restricted in selected regions and not well promoted and now if they are quitting then it is understood. when MS is not making phones then why others?
    08-28-2016 08:34 AM
    when MS is not making phones then why others?
    Oy vey.. By that logic we shouldn't have any windows PC's
    08-28-2016 09:56 AM
    Oy vey.. By that logic we shouldn't have any windows PC's
    Shut down internet. We have a winner today
    08-28-2016 10:53 AM
    Shut down internet. We have a winner today
    No no no, like Shakespeare said: the internet must go on
    08-28-2016 10:54 AM
    A better analogy would probably be Linux or Ubuntu machines.
    08-28-2016 01:42 PM
    I'm sorry to see them go... I have previously owned a BLU Win HD and an HD LTE.

I was wondering where their W10M device was.
    libra89, ven07, anthonyng and 1 others like this.
    08-28-2016 01:46 PM
    I'm sorry to see them go... I have previously owned a BLU Win HD and an HD LTE.

I was wondering where their W10M device was.
    I keep checking for new cheap w10m dual sim from them.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    08-29-2016 12:07 AM
    oem partners dropping out, MS will come out and re affirm it's partly user base for phones (suckers, us), surface phone will be released, and it will have 6 month old specs, and most likely flop, and here i'm still hoping for a turn around, cause i like windows phone
    xandros9, Player Piano and ven07 like this.
    08-29-2016 12:11 AM
    BLU has removed the Windows Phones link from their website. The story came from here: Blu drops Windows Phones from their redesigned home page - MSPoweruser

I did wonder why they have been quiet on the Windows Mobile front. I guess now we know that there's no Windows 10 Mobile phones from them (at least natively) in the future. Sad but this is understandable.
    I wonder how long BLU will even stay in business. They can't be doing all that well with Android either, with all the companies like Huawei, OnePlus, etc.

If it were not for Windows Central, I never would have known BLU even existed, unlike the above-mentioned OEMs that make Android devices.
    anthonyng and libra89 like this.
    08-29-2016 12:23 AM
    Someone has a Blu Windows phone ?
    A review would be very usefull
    08-29-2016 07:46 AM
    There is still plenty of stuff about Windows phones on their site, but not on their home page. This may be indicative of something but you have to remember that Surur, the author of this article, is Mr. Doom and Gloom and rarely posts anything positive.
    Jeff Merritt1 likes this.
    08-29-2016 08:03 AM
    There is still plenty of stuff about Windows phones on their site, but not on their home page. This may be indicative of something but you have to remember that Surur, the author of this article, is Mr. Doom and Gloom and rarely posts anything positive.
    I think their website is just not properly finished. If you click devices and go to android you get a page that has a products section at the top in place of devices and windows phones are still there.

Honestly first time I saw the blu HD one and it actually looks pretty nice and I like the front speakers implementation but still maintaining less bezel. It's like the lumia 950xl could have gotten rid of the Microsoft logo and put a speaker there instead and then another speaker below where the microphone is. Obviously these would be used for media while for conversations you would maintain the speaker above the microsoft logo.
    rollindice and ven07 like this.
    08-29-2016 08:42 AM
    I have a blu win HD lte on snap dragon 410 1 gb ram originally coming with wm8 . I have officially updated to wm10 anniversary edition . The phone performs well but my main grudge is that it keeps dropping my WiFi constantly. Also there is no volte support and blue has said no volte support is planned in the future . Very low volume from speaker and mic . Satisfactory camera . Very very bad battery life . Lasts less than a day on single or dual sim usage . Battery life is unpredictable. I'd say if you can avoid buying it don't buy it. Buy only if you are on a strict budget . Due to the above faults u cannot use it as my primary phone and is in storage now . I own the blu win HD lte x150e .
    08-29-2016 11:02 AM
    I think their website is just not properly finished. If you click devices and go to android you get a page that has a products section at the top in place of devices and windows phones are still there.
    Exactly why I'm waiting for official news.. Seems weird for them to suddenly drop WP. The ride hasn't been all that smooth, but it can't be that bad. I can imagine that they haven't been booking high sales numbers, but it seems like a waste to just drop out like this
    RumoredNow likes this.
    08-29-2016 11:22 AM
    I keep checking for new cheap w10m dual sim from them.
    IDK about cheap, but I found this device to be good. Caveat, it has an adaptive tray so you are forced to sacrifice dual SIM if you want an SD card. Really tight build and a solid all around budget class phone.

I wonder how long BLU will even stay in business. They can't be doing all that well with Android either, with all the companies like Huawei, OnePlus, etc.

If it were not for Windows Central, I never would have known BLU even existed, unlike the above-mentioned OEMs that make Android devices.
    I think they have a much larger mindshare in Latin America than in the US, despite being based in Miami.

Someone has a Blu Windows phone ?
    A review would be very usefull
    I did pretty extensive reviews of the Win HD and Win HD LTE for the forums. Other users have also reviewed the devices in those threads...
    libra89, Laura Knotek and ven07 like this.
    08-29-2016 11:33 AM
    IDK about cheap, but I found this device to be good. Caveat, it has an adaptive tray so you are forced to sacrifice dual SIM if you want an SD card. Really tight build and a solid all around budget class phone.
    Thanks! I'm hung up on trying to find a 50$ lumia 640 like phone lol.
    ven07, RumoredNow and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-29-2016 12:41 PM
    I bought two Blu Jrs for gifts. They were cheap and usable at the time. Now that I can still find Lumia 640s for $20 and it's significantly better than Blu, I don't blame them for folding. If they made something similar to the 650 at a lower price point, they could sell some, but there's no brand recognition to help them really.
    08-29-2016 06:23 PM
    They would be more than justified to drop Windows Phone. With Microsoft focusing on enterprise, it makes little sense for Blu to switch gears. I can understand a company like HP or Acer since they also sell computers and have more of a presence in the enterprise market.
    08-29-2016 06:49 PM
    I think they have a much larger mindshare in Latin America than in the US, despite being based in Miami.
    They have a larger share in LatAm because they're in Miami. You should see the number of Brazilians, Venezuelans and Argentines buying up cheap(ish) Blu, Yezz and Plum phones from Brands Mart USA (el cheapo Best Buy) everyday. Not to mention the droves of Cubans buying said cheapies to take to the island now that all 4 major carriers have roaming agreements with ETECSA (Cuba's cellular provider).
    08-29-2016 07:43 PM
    I also have a BLU HD LTE X150Q, and the battery is very good, on W8.1 it last easily two days, now with W10, it's almost as good as W8.1. The problem of the battery is with dual sim. I'm very satisfied with this phone.
    anthonyng likes this.
    08-29-2016 07:44 PM
26 12