Edge loads google by default

dfaris

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Ever since I loaded the anniversary update on my ATT 950 it loads the google search every time I open edge. I can't figure out how to change this, I've searched everything, I have already made Bing my default search engine and nothing should open when I first start edge. It looks like it's trying to load some AT&T home page then gets redirected to Google. How do I change this so when I open edge nothing loads? I don't want any web pages opening?

I keeping getting google.com (discovered) listed when I change my default search engine. I delete it and set bing as my default. The next time I open edge Google is back and shows google.com (discovered) listed again in my default search engine list.

Thanks

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Ever since I loaded the anniversary update on my ATT 950 it loads the google search every time I open edge. I can't figure out how to change this, I've searched everything, I have already made Bing my default search engine and nothing should open when I first start edge. It looks like it's trying to load some AT&T home page then gets redirected to Google. How do I change this so when I open edge nothing loads? I don't want any web pages opening?

I keeping getting google.com (discovered) listed when I change my default search engine. I delete it and set bing as my default. The next time I open edge Google is back and shows google.com (discovered) listed again in my default search engine list.

Thanks

Did you tried cleanin cache, cookies and cronology in edge settings?

dfaris

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Did you tried cleanin cache, cookies and cronology in edge settings?

Thanks for the reply, The answer is yes I did all of that. I never even opened the google web page in my phones browser so I have no idea how it even started loading. I ended up loading the bing web page and pinning that to the start screen.

I still have no idea what Google.com (discovered) is or how to turn it off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12