Interop unlock for x50 devices is available!

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by ven07
If you have no idea what "interop unlock" is, you probably shouldn't be trying this :)

vcREG: lumia reg editor + interop unlock. No… | Windows 10 Development and Hacking

Sounds very nice!
Could anyone confirm if it is possible to add static IP to 950/xl with this? Previously the key that controls this didn't exist and I couldn't add it. With this, can you add it now? And would it work?
In my L640 it did exist and I only needed to change the value.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Sounds very nice!
Could anyone confirm if it is possible to add static IP to 950/xl with this? Previously the key that controls this didn't exist and I couldn't add it. With this, can you add it now? And would it work?
In my L640 it did exist and I only needed to change the value.

Maybe you'd have a bit more luck if you posted on XDA :) Don't have a 950 to test this for ya

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
That could be nice posting updated guides on top forums, like the one for installing redstone on unsupported devices.
A guide for using a web custom hosts lists, like adblock ones

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
That could be nice posting updated guides on top forums, like the one for installing redstone on unsupported devices.
A guide for using a web custom hosts lists, like adblock ones

there is no need for a guide. if you have filesystem access you just copy a modified hosts file to your phone. it's that simple

Saijin_Naib

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
I read full file system access on x50 phones doesn't work yet, so careful.
And even on a supported L640, I can't undo the full filesystem access tweak, so my L640 takes ages to mount/connect over USB and shows the C:\ root, not the user directory as it does from the factory.

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Well I don't know how I did it, certainly not on purpose, but I had installed Interop Tools (without the new interop unlock) and when I connected my phone to my PC via USB I had full file system access :/ what.

Anyway. I can now confirm that if you do the interop unlock, afterwards you can enable Static IP address in Lumia 950 (you can use Interop Tools after the unlock and there is a quick toggle button in the "tweaks" section for it). Great!

Have fun everybody.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Well I don't know how I did it, certainly not on purpose, but I had installed Interop Tools (without the new interop unlock) and when I connected my phone to my PC via USB I had full file system access :/ what.

Anyway. I can now confirm that if you do the interop unlock, afterwards you can enable Static IP address in Lumia 950 (you can use Interop Tools after the unlock and there is a quick toggle button in the "tweaks" section for it). Great!

Have fun everybody.
So you're saying you have root access to system files also?
Like replacing hosts file?

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Well... I'm not sure if I have permission to replace it, but I can certainly access the file in its folder at ...\Phone\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc
I'm still unsure how I activated this, I didn't use the "full file system" thing in Interop Tools... that I remember .-.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss