Edge constantly barraging me with Get Started page

LumiaGuy

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
When I go to use the Edge browser on my L640, it's constantly pestering me by opening a "Get Started" page. How do I get this to stop?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
When I go to use the Edge browser on my L640, it's constantly pestering me by opening a "Get Started" page. How do I get this to stop?
Go to settings and clean all cache and cookies and cronology. Then reboot.
You should see that only the very first time, then Edge should open on last visited page
(The Get Started Page can be ignored, write in the address bar)

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
hit the little tabs icon. Use the ellipses to "close all". Go to task switcher close edge and then re-open. Edge just keeping your tabs open likely.

LumiaGuy

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Go to settings and clean all cache and cookies and cronology. Then reboot.
You should see that only the very first time, then Edge should open on last visited page
(The Get Started Page can be ignored, write in the address bar)

So, I am still dealing with this issue. I had tried following your instructions by clearing the cache and cookies in the edge browser but it had no effect so I just have been trying to ignore the Get Started page popping up. What exactly did you mean by "The Get Started Page can be ignored, write in the address bar"?

Sent from mTalk

LumiaGuy

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Well, looks like some Microsoft drone finally fixed the issue as sometime in the last couple of weeks the issue has resolved

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786