Can't open attachments like JPG in Mail Outlook

mrMad-Cat

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Hello!
I'm using windows 10 for quiet a long time on 3 devices: Lumia 930, 950 and 640XL. And all have the same problem - I can't open most of attachments in the incoming mails in Outlook Mail program.
All the symptoms and related info:
- This is a problem with may pop3 mail at @i.ua (with all accounts).
- There is no such problem on any other operating system. All is ok when using mail on desktop MS Office Outlook, android asus tablet, windows 7 lumia 800...
- This happens both on stable WiFi and less stable 3G or GPRS connections.
- I have to press button "download full message" after opening an email sometimes many times before it disappears and starts downloading. (on win 8.1 was no such lag, I had to press only once)
- Sometimes appears a yellow pop-up saying there was an error downloading one or more attachments and I have a retry option which doesn't help and this pop-up appears again.
- After message is fully loaded I see the attachments icon, it is a blank gray sheet with the name like "wp12345.JPG" and real size. No preview. When I click on it, it says I need a program to open this file and redirects me to the Windows Store with text "*.*".
- If I choose to redirect this mail, when in the draft process - the attachments become visible, have normal preview like photos should have and are normally opened.

So... PLEASE HELP! Would be happy to hear any suggestions! I'm with this problem for many month. Can't find any working solution in the Internet, though sometimes find same questions. Tried hard reset, deleting account and adding it again on the devices, even deleted all the mails from all the folders in one of my accounts at @i.ua.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello!
I'm using windows 10 for quiet a long time on 3 devices: Lumia 930, 950 and 640XL. And all have the same problem - I can't open most of attachments in the incoming mails in Outlook Mail program.
All the symptoms and related info:
- This is a problem with may pop3 mail at @i.ua (with all accounts).
- There is no such problem on any other operating system. All is ok when using mail on desktop MS Office Outlook, android asus tablet, windows 7 lumia 800...
- This happens both on stable WiFi and less stable 3G or GPRS connections.
- I have to press button "download full message" after opening an email sometimes many times before it disappears and starts downloading. (on win 8.1 was no such lag, I had to press only once)
- Sometimes appears a yellow pop-up saying there was an error downloading one or more attachments and I have a retry option which doesn't help and this pop-up appears again.
- After message is fully loaded I see the attachments icon, it is a blank gray sheet with the name like "wp12345.JPG" and real size. No preview. When I click on it, it says I need a program to open this file and redirects me to the Windows Store with text "*.*".
- If I choose to redirect this mail, when in the draft process - the attachments become visible, have normal preview like photos should have and are normally opened.

So... PLEASE HELP! Would be happy to hear any suggestions! I'm with this problem for many month. Can't find any working solution in the Internet, though sometimes find same questions. Tried hard reset, deleting account and adding it again on the devices, even deleted all the mails from all the folders in one of my accounts at @i.ua.

Whichversions of win10 and outlook you got? did you updated both?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Is it possible you can add the account again on one of the phones to test if that can work?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

RichHowerton

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, didn't see that part. I had same issue couple months ago. Forwarding was the only way I could see the attachments. Problem lasted about 3 weeks. Then went away. Have no idea how.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb