Long shot: Weird reminder when using headphones (Lumia 950)

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
This is a long shot, but I can't figure out what is giving me a reminder sound. It is the sound of the "lattice" ring tone, but the melody of the "silk" ring tone.

I think it has something to do with the location, as it's when I'm out and about, not when I'm at home. It ruins whatever I'm listening to. It's annoying as hell.
I tried re-pairing the headphones, tried to use the cable for the headphones, and I went through the notification sounds. I even tried closing down every app apart from Groove, and I can't figure out which app or setting is doing this. At times, it continues for 30 seconds straight.

Do any of you experience the same? Or even better, have found a way to stop it?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
This is a long shot, but I can't figure out what is giving me a reminder sound. It is the sound of the "lattice" ring tone, but the melody of the "silk" ring tone.

I think it has something to do with the location, as it's when I'm out and about, not when I'm at home. It ruins whatever I'm listening to. It's annoying as hell.
I tried re-pairing the headphones, tried to use the cable for the headphones, and I went through the notification sounds. I even tried closing down every app apart from Groove, and I can't figure out which app or setting is doing this. At times, it continues for 30 seconds straight.

Do any of you experience the same? Or even better, have found a way to stop it?

do you have a wallet with nfc cards nearby?

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
do you have a wallet with nfc cards nearby?

Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't. That was very likely, now that you mention it, but as far as I can see, the NFC is not turned on on the phone - it will be turned on when I get my Yoga 260, though, so thank you very much for that - never thought that that could be problem until you mentioned it and I went looking to see if it is was turned on.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't. That was very likely, now that you mention it, but as far as I can see, the NFC is not turned on on the phone - it will be turned on when I get my Yoga 260, though, so thank you very much for that - never thought that that could be problem until you mentioned it and I went looking to see if it is was turned on.

it has been an issue for some, but gets solved when nfc is off.