In the Windows 10 default camera, does my Lumia 830 still record Dolby 5.1, surround sound?

John Weber2

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded to Windows 10 mobile and realized that the Lumia camera was gone from my phone, I can reinstall it since I see it in the store but the only reason I would is if i'm missing features from the new camera app like the 5.1 surround sound recording.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
830 never had 5.1 audio, maybe you mean 930? in any case w10m will only do stereo at best, no matter the phone or what app you try

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Yep. Another function stripped, 5.1 audio recording has been blocked by MS on phones that support it with no reason given. They've even restricted living images to 950 only. Basically, the 930 and others of that generation are now being depreciated to encourage sales of the 950, presumably to get rid of stock before the Surface Phone hype starts. I assume they have a lot of 950 stock to clear due to the low popularity, so they're starting early. Personally, I think this is a tactic that could backfire on MS.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Yep. Another function stripped, 5.1 audio recording has been blocked by MS on phones that support it with no reason given. They've even restricted living images to 950 only. Basically, the 930 and others of that generation are now being depreciated to encourage sales of the 950, presumably to get rid of stock before the Surface Phone hype starts. I assume they have a lot of 950 stock to clear due to the low popularity, so they're starting early. Personally, I think this is a tactic that could backfire on MS.

they claim w10m way of handling audio is better, channels are now arranged in a way thats supposed to be better"

the end result is we go from stereo to mono and 5.1 to stereo, so thats better according to them if I'm not mistaken

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I have living images in my 640.

Really? I didn't know that. On most phones the option is still displayed but in no longer actually works. I presume they'll remove the option as well once they get around to it.

So, the x40/x50 phones might have it but older devices have had the feature stripped? Noted, thanks.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
On my 1520 it works, but inconsistently. Since I rarely ever used it I had to turn it on and check... It worked once out of three attempts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999