Mail app in landscape mode for mobile

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I am a little surprised that this hasn't been changed. We can read mails in portrait mode as shown in the screen shot below but sometimes the mails we get have a small font and we would like to read them in landscape mode and not portrait.

wp_ss_20160910_0001.png

The problem is that when you rotate the screen to landscape, the side panel comes up as show in the second screenshot and your reading pane is now just as narrow as it was in portrait defeating the purpose of rotating. There's no way to minimise the mails list view panel on the left so this really doesn't help.

wp_ss_20160910_0002.png

Whenever I get mails with smaller fonts, I can zoom in but then I have to keep moving the screen left and right to read the sentences

Any ideas on what can be done? If this is the way the mail app behaves for mobile, then I will like to submit feedback

OS Version: 14393.105
Windows 10 mobile

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's probably in your scaling. Many are making the phone scale to show more tiles and shrink everything. You told your phone you have eagle eyes.

On my 1520 in Settings > System > Display, I have it set at 250% (recommended) and when I rotate my Outlook mail to landscape I don't see the Inbox Sidebar. But my eyes are old and worn out... :winktongue:

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
The problem is that when you rotate the screen to landscape, the side panel comes up as show in the second screenshot and your reading pane is now just as narrow as it was in portrait defeating the purpose of rotating. There's no way to minimise the mails list view panel on the left so this really doesn't help.

I don't have this problem.On rotating my phone to landscape I don't get the Inbox sidebar,the email fills up the screen and I can read it comfortably.
Is there something in settings that can change the viewing mode ?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
It's probably in your scaling. Many are making the phone scale to show more tiles and shrink everything. You told your phone you have eagle eyes.

On my 1520 in Settings > System > Display, I have it set at 250% (recommended) and when I rotate my Outlook mail to landscape I don't see the Inbox Sidebar. But my eyes are old and worn out... :winktongue:

I've set my phone at 175% - so when I changed to 200% the mail app worked as you said but everything looks too big for my taste - so I went back to 175% :cry:

Any other way to make this work?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I don't have this problem.On rotating my phone to landscape I don't get the Inbox sidebar,the email fills up the screen and I can read it comfortably.
Is there something in settings that can change the viewing mode ?

Nothing in settings that I can see - if after a few days I don't find a simple way of doing this, I'll submit feedback in hub

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've set my phone at 175% - so when I changed to 200% the mail app worked as you said but everything looks too big for my taste - so I went back to 175% :cry:

Any other way to make this work?

Age a few years and your eyes will find everything at 200% to be the correct size... :winktongue:

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
plus you can set more tiles to show at 175%, right?

150 % is the 'recommended' in my phone and to see two wide tiles in a row I have to set it at 125%.Though it is nice to see more tiles but I could not manage with the text size on the tiles without straining my presbyopic eyes,especially battery % on pulling down action centre.So I went back to 3 medium tiles in a row.After all, the text on the tiles is there to help me with things and it makes no sense if I cannot read them whenever I need to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos