No Birthdays on Calendar Tile ?

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
After AU ,Calendar tile on my phone shows only events,but no Birthdays from Contacts list.Previously it would show birthdays as 'Tomorrow All Day' or 'Today All Day'.
Am I missing some setting or is it a change for everyone on Redstone builds ?
Thanks !

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
After AU ,Calendar tile on my phone shows only events,but no Birthdays from Contacts list.Previously it would show birthdays as 'Tomorrow All Day' or 'Today All Day'.
Thanks !

honestly

I have no faith in the calendar tile... Sometimes it does not even update when it's a new day... Example, today is the 10th of September... I just looked at my phone and the tile says 9th... I have to unpin and re-pin to get it going again.. Always happens to me..

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks !

That's a consequence of Fbacebook app stopping syncing with Calendar and People since days

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Originally posted by ttsoldier
Originally Posted by Rinsun
Thanks !

honestly

I have no faith in the calendar tile... Sometimes it does not even update when it's a new day... Example, today is the 10th of September... I just looked at my phone and the tile says 9th... I have to unpin and re-pin to get it going again.. Always happens to me..

There is a problem with the Calendar tile not updating.Only using WDRT will help correct it.Hard reset will not help.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Originally posted by Maurizio Troso
Originally Posted by Rinsun
Thanks !

That's a consequence of Fbacebook app stopping syncing with Calendar and People since days

Thanks for your reply!
That's so inconvenient,I might forget people's birthdays .

Last edited:

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

This has nothing to do with facebook as I have people's birthday entered manually and it still does not show.

P.S the facebook beta app brought back people and calendar syncing sometime last month.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
This has nothing to do with facebook as I have people's birthday entered manually and it still does not show.

P.S the facebook beta app brought back people and calendar syncing sometime last month.

Do you checked "your accoun" tab in hambrugher menu?

EDIT: I noticed Facebook si signed as "local app". It wasn't there before.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I got my personal memo (like birthdays etc) full working, I lost syncin with fb app.
Go to settings, account, add an account and readd your MS account

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
its clearly a bug because I made a fake birthday with a reminder X time before and I get the reminder notification my phone.... so I know it's in my calendar... I just don't get the event on my live tile..

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
its clearly a bug because I made a fake birthday with a reminder X time before and I get the reminder notification my phone.... so I know it's in my calendar... I just don't get the event on my live tile..

Yes I was trying it out too.If I create birthday as an event with reminder it works but the Birthday Calendar which showed birthdays of my contacts from People app as All Day events prior to AU does not work now after AU,even though I have the Birthday Calendar enabled.

Other Calendar apps such as OneCalendar and My Calendar have accurate live tiles showing Holiday Calendar of my country and Birthdays in addition to events.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Birthdays and country Holidays are not showing up on Lockscreen also after AU.I noticed it today since I have a birthday coming up tomorrow. I have Outlook Calendar to show as detailed status on lock screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077