No Birthdays on Calendar Tile ?

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
a silly question, when you open the calendar app, and select the menu, is the birthday calendar selected?

Both Birthday and Holiday Calendars were always selected yet they did not show up on the tile after AU.They showed up in the app and also were there on third party Calendar app tile .
From yesterday they have started showing up on the Outlook Calendar tile too.

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I made a point last year of getting all the birthdays of people that were important to add them to my fantastic synced Windows Phone and everything was working as it should. Recently missed two birthdays so obviously this stopped working at some point. I just had them as neverending events on my main calendar. I dont understand how something so necessary and crucial stops working. Is this something people are aware of or is it only happening to me?
Thanks. :)

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I made a point last year of getting all the birthdays of people that were important to add them to my fantastic synced Windows Phone and everything was working as it should. Recently missed two birthdays so obviously this stopped working at some point. I just had them as neverending events on my main calendar. I dont understand how something so necessary and crucial stops working. Is this something people are aware of or is it only happening to me?
Thanks. :)

I am using MyCalendar - it has a nice wide tile and shows birthdays etc on the tile.Though my Outlook Calendar tile is working now I am apprehensive that it might stop working again and I might miss birthdays etc.

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I am using MyCalendar - it has a nice wide tile and shows birthdays etc on the tile.Though my Outlook Calendar tile is working now I am apprehensive that it might stop working again and I might miss birthdays etc.
I'll check it out but the point of using MS Calendar is the ability to sync among all Windows devices and it seems absolutely ludicrous that MS can't perform this one basic function in their OWN software.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I'll check it out but the point of using MS Calendar is the ability to sync among all Windows devices and it seems absolutely ludicrous that MS can't perform this one basic function in their OWN software.

I too do not like to install extra apps for something which is there in the OS and should be working smoothly but with the recent bugs in the Outlook Calendar tile I thought it would be better I did so.'MyCalendar' syncs nicely with Outlook Calendar and shows upto 3 events/reminders/birthdays for the next week or so on it's tile.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
This is the fault of the new Facebook app, i believe.

I am not on Facebook and had added the birthdays manually to my contacts.I had always uninstalled the FB app from my phone.Birthdays always showed up within the app, same with holidays(India)
However tile is working again this week.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett