touch screen messenger app not working

Andra Boja

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Starting from today, my messenger Facebook app has stopped responding to any touchscreen command. I cannot do anything, not a simple type on the phone screen. I have the last update of windows 10.
I have experienced similar problems with this app, like when you receive a message notification and type on it, sometimes the keyboard does not apply. You would have to kill the app and restart, or when trying to send the latest picture taken, it would not be refreshed, you had to.go to photos and share it from there.. Very annoying but still, solvable little bugs/issues. But this one is unbearable, you cannot use the application at all! After reinstalling I had to enter my credentials again, and guess what? Touch doesn't work. So now I can't even receive message notifications anymore, I have to check the web version all over again!
This is a critical issue!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I understand your frustration, but these complaints should be going to Facebook. Use the report option found under settings within the app :) We're simply a fan forum.

I have this issue as well. Turning the phone on and off solves it for me, but I get that it isn't a great solution lol

Edit:

As far as the photo issue goes.. "Patience grasshopper" :winktongue: I get that it looks like you can't share directly, but it takes a few seconds for the new picture to show up sometimes. 8 out 10 times just waiting a few seconds should help, but I did have cases where the pictures never showed up....

So yea definitely understand your frustration

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Restart your phone, it should fix it. I have this issue with all Facebook Inc apps. Annoyingly, this happens frequently when I'm on the move, in the train, running, and etc. Perhaps the most effective way to fix this issue is to chance your device. It will still take Facebook a very long time to optimise their apps for Windows 10 longer than it took them to bring their apps into this ecosystem or not at all.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Starting from today, my messenger Facebook app has stopped responding to any touchscreen command. I cannot do anything, not a simple type on the phone screen. I have the last update of windows 10.
I have experienced similar problems with this app, like when you receive a message notification and type on it, sometimes the keyboard does not apply. You would have to kill the app and restart, or when trying to send the latest picture taken, it would not be refreshed, you had to.go to photos and share it from there.. Very annoying but still, solvable little bugs/issues. But this one is unbearable, you cannot use the application at all! After reinstalling I had to enter my credentials again, and guess what? Touch doesn't work. So now I can't even receive message notifications anymore, I have to check the web version all over again!
This is a critical issue!

Since facebook took control on their apps , they made a mess. Original Microsoft apps worked far better

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre