10-12-2016 08:17 AM
78 1234
tools
    is the facebook app working properly???
    09-17-2016 09:17 AM
    In regards to 3g and 4g only option if I was to hazard a guess. When you select 4g, it will fall back to 3g and 2g automatically if the carrier supports it (which is normal behavior).

Three in the UK have no 2g fall back what so ever so I have 4g, 3g, 3g only as options although curiously I have no 4g only option... hmm..

Does anyone have 2g / edge options?

In terms of performance I will need to see how the phone (L930) goes in the next few days to see if there was any noticeable differences.
    09-17-2016 09:25 AM
    Is it just me or is Cortana still broken even after this update? I have not been able to use Cortana since the Anniversary Update. It crashes after a few moments if used for a search. Nothing happens on tapping the mic and tapping new reminder button brings it back to Cortana's home screen.
    09-17-2016 02:02 PM
    For the Lumia 640 and 635, I can't scroll all the way down in the one-handed reachability mode. I can't scroll to the last few rows of tiles, and I can't scroll pass the "W" apps in the apps list. Ah, another fine update by Microsoft.
    CraigCole likes this.
    09-17-2016 04:21 PM
    Just noticed, when a Cortana reminder is showing, WhatsApp is not able to work in the background. Looking at the desktop Whatsapp window it reports 'cannot connect to your phone' whenever I get a reminder.
    09-17-2016 07:31 PM
    Re download app issue, yes same here (640)

e.g Podcasts App is showing error 0x80070005
    Maps is getting stuck on 0.10kB or 0.10MB

..some updates succeed (outlook)
    09-17-2016 09:18 PM
    For the Lumia 640 and 635, I can't scroll all the way down in the one-handed reachability mode. I can't scroll to the last few rows of tiles, and I can't scroll pass the "W" apps in the apps list. Ah, another fine update by Microsoft.
    Same issues with my 950. I honestly wonder if anyone at Microsoft actually tests software before it's released. It would appear they don't.
    wgs84 likes this.
    09-17-2016 10:13 PM
    Going to do a factory reset again. That's how my Sundays look like, now.
    09-17-2016 10:43 PM
    Well, the black lock screen issue seems to have gone, but the failure of push notifications came back. After a few hours, I noticed that the background usage of most of my apps was 0. So I went to privacy--> background apps and disabled 15-20 of the ones I don't need (apparently the likes of lumia offers and the Amazon web wrapper have background tasks as well). After disabling unnecessary background apps, notifications from Whatsapp, WC immediately started coming in.

This proves that windows still has a limit to the number of background tasks it would allow.
    09-18-2016 12:14 PM
    Well, the black lock screen issue seems to have gone, but the failure of push notifications came back. After a few hours, I noticed that the background usage of most of my apps was 0. So I went to privacy--> background apps and disabled 15-20 of the ones I don't need (apparently the likes of lumia offers and the Amazon web wrapper have background tasks as well). After disabling unnecessary background apps, notifications from Whatsapp, WC immediately started coming in.

This proves that windows still has a limit to the number of background tasks it would allow.
    WP really should be more vocal when apps are blocked from running background processes. It should also allow us to assign priority. Some apps we never want blocked.

And it should alert us when a live tile stops being live because of disuse. I have a sunrise app that just displays the sunrise/sunset time, so I never open the app. As a result, the tile goes stale, but I have no way of knowing that. I wonder if the developer can build in a timer that throws a last notification "help.. I'm about to go to sleep forever!"
    Timbre70 and wgs84 like this.
    09-18-2016 12:34 PM
    is the facebook app working properly???
    No,sometime facebook and instagram freezes in same time. Need reboot phone.
    Edit: Try install facebook beta.
    Last edited by boky69; 09-19-2016 at 03:03 AM.
    09-19-2016 01:37 AM
    Same issues with my 950. I honestly wonder if anyone at Microsoft actually tests software before it's released. It would appear they don't.
    I'm sorry, but I fail to see how that is a bug....

The one-handed reachability mode is there to be able to reach the top of the screen, by moving the complete screen half way down.
    Off course you can not touch the bottom of the screen then!.....

Just learn yourself to use it the way it was developed, and not ask MS to change it the way you want it to work.
    If you want to scroll to the bottom of your screen, you can do that without activating the one-handed reachability mode....
    pedmar007 and rusty502 like this.
    09-19-2016 04:31 AM
    The scaling issue is still present on my Lumia 636 after this latest update. I still can't see what I'm typing.
    09-19-2016 04:58 AM
    My phone keeps losing service. Like I restart my phone and after a while "no service" comes up in the phone app. Texts are missing etc
    09-19-2016 02:46 PM
    What is incredible is that a simple app like Camera keeps unusable as it show "Saving" since the last 4 updates. So, can use camera, can't use my phone on my Honda Connect and it also does not link like Android and the other one to the car. It's basically a 3310 phone.

One more bad camera update and I'm selling the 830 and buying a Nexus phone.
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 09-19-2016 at 05:25 PM.
    Timbre70 and wgs84 like this.
    09-19-2016 05:08 PM

The one-handed reachability mode is there to be able to reach the top of the screen, by moving the complete screen half way down.

Just learn yourself to use it the way it was developed, and not ask MS to change it the way you want it to work.
    If you want to scroll to the bottom of your screen, you can do that without activating the one-handed reachability mode....
    Ugh, it's intentional? That's even worse. Sorry, man, but needing to constantly fumble back and forth between one-handed mode and fullscreen mode because I can't see the bottom portion is just stupid. I don't like it, and I'm gonna upvote every single piece of feedback I find in the feedback hub about this.
    Danobe likes this.
    09-19-2016 11:36 PM
    My phone keeps losing service. Like I restart my phone and after a while "no service" comes up in the phone app. Texts are missing etc
    AT&T ????, if so, it seems to be a network issue, Crackberry has a discussion on it.
    09-20-2016 12:10 AM
    I believe it is supposed to work that way......why would you enable one handed mode to reach items at the bottom of the screen????? I don't get it.....
    RumoredNow and jeffchapik like this.
    09-20-2016 12:20 AM
    I believe it is supposed to work that way......why would you enable one handed mode to reach items at the bottom of the screen????? I don't get it.....
    If you find that it works perfectly for you, then more power to you. But when I've been using it, I find myself constantly switching back and forth between one-handed and fullscreen, and it's cumbersome. I can't reach something (usually that stupid hamburger menu at the top-left or some filter), so I activate one-handed mode. Now I can't access the bottom, so I deactivate one-handed mode. Now I can't reach the top again, so I reactivate one-handed mode. Now I can't see the bottom again, so I deactivate it, and so on and so on. That's what I found myself constantly doing using Outlook Mail, and frankly it's a chore. I personally really like how one-handed mode is done on the GS7. The entire screen shrinks down to just under four inches, so it's like using a phone with a 4-inch screen. Everything is accessible, and there's no need to constantly activate/deactivate the one-handed mode.
    Danobe and CraigCole like this.
    09-20-2016 12:44 AM
    I have a Lumia 950 and after the last updates (I guess right after anniversary update) Windows Phone 8 apps started not working anymore. Apps like 6tag, WhatsApp, 4th & Mayor don't work. There are no problems with apps written for Windows 10 but the old apps I am using don't start at all. When I click an app icon a black screen shows up for like 1 second (as if the app is starting) but then it returns back (as if it has crashed).

What might be the problem? I searched but it seems like nobody faced such an issue. I'll hard reset but I wanted to know if anybody have any guesses what might the problem be.
    09-20-2016 03:24 AM
    I have a Lumia 950 and after the last updates (I guess right after anniversary update) Windows Phone 8 apps started not working anymore. Apps like 6tag, WhatsApp, 4th & Mayor don't work. There are no problems with apps written for Windows 10 but the old apps I am using don't start at all. When I click an app icon a black screen shows up for like 1 second (as if the app is starting) but then it returns back (as if it has crashed).

What might be the problem? I searched but it seems like nobody faced such an issue. I'll hard reset but I wanted to know if anybody have any guesses what might the problem be.
    I had the same with some apps, indeed after the AU.
    Remove and reinstall them did the trick.
    Hard reset will probably also work, but that would be my last step.....
    RumoredNow and rusty502 like this.
    09-20-2016 04:30 AM
    I had the same with some apps, indeed after the AU.
    Remove and reinstall them did the trick.
    Hard reset will probably also work, but that would be my last step.....
    Thanks, my 4G connectivity was also stopped working (I didn't think it was related to Anniversary Update so I didn't write in my first post), so I decided to hard reset the phone to do a fresh start. Now everything is working.
    M7H likes this.
    09-20-2016 05:53 AM

Actually you should be able to scroll and can do so on my L930. The reach-ability mode simply halves your screen sure the premise behind the UX hack is to reach the elements at the top of the screen but you still are able to scroll never the less.
    wgs84 likes this.
    09-20-2016 11:03 AM
    Hey, guys! I just stumbled upon this community.

Do you have a tread in which you would regularly talk about various topics which regard Windows 10 Mobile? This tread would be a nice example for that, but it serves only for the current build *.189. I assume that you also had a tread like this for each of the previous treads, but what about a tread in which people would spend some time just chatting about their experiences with W10M, and their experiences, etc?
    09-20-2016 02:25 PM
    Hey, guys! I just stumbled upon this community.

Do you have a tread in which you would regularly talk about various topics which regard Windows 10 Mobile? This tread would be a nice example for that, but it serves only for the current build *.189. I assume that you also had a tread like this for each of the previous treads, but what about a tread in which people would spend some time just chatting about their experiences with W10M, and their experiences, etc?
    Welcome...

Topics like what you are asking about would likely fall into this forum: General Windows Phone Discussion Lounge - Windows Central Forums
    09-20-2016 04:35 PM
78 1234