Missing contact photos

jimh12345

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Just noticed my contact photos are gone on W10M, and also on my wife's 8.1. Not a big problem for us, but can't comprehend how MS can just lose your data and issue no notice or apology.

js14873

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
the only contacts I have that got linked together were my parents. They have the same address, email, and home phone but different cell phone numbers. Don't know why the mobile app doesn't allow you to unlink contacts, I had to go into the web interface to unlink them.

Have you folks had contacts that had nothing in common get linked together?

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Have you folks had contacts that had nothing in common get linked together?

Yes that had happened after my Outlook account got upgraded .It was pretty annoying as I was not aware that it had happened and discovered it only when I had to phone one of my contacts.She was linked together with another contact with the same first two letters in their first names and nothing else in common.Both their first names began with Al.It's only then I discovered that there were some others who got linked like that too !

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I experienced same thing today. My Lumia 830 is non-insider build 14393.321.
I did factory reset yesterday. After that when I started phone and added Outlook account, all contacts were back, but pictures gone!
Besides I have added Gmail account and Synced Mail, Contacts and Calendar. Mail and Calendar got synced, but contacts from Gmail are not displayed.
Is this same or new issue with Gmail contacts sync?

melhiore

May 5, 2015
Visit site
My contact photos are back!! Noticed the loss of these few days ago however everything is back as it should. Good job Microsoft, seem to be fixed...

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
My contact photos are back!! Noticed the loss of these few days ago however everything is back as it should. Good job Microsoft, seem to be fixed...

My contact photos went missing in Sept and I had added them again after waiting for a few days(along with the specific ringtones) . So even if MS fixed the problem ,I wouldn't know whether it was fixed for me.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site

I lost mine last week, along wwith many either gone or linked to other un related contacts. Nothing fixed yet and I can't find a way to remove all links at once vs. Each contact one by one.
I hhave hundreds.

Canjok

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Don't know why the mobile app doesn't allow you to unlink contacts, I had to go into the web interface to unlink them.

You can unlink them. If you have a 2 or more above the link-chain, just press on the one you want to unlink. Then you need to press unlink and you are done.

Stiletto72

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
There's a very strange thing happening now. I'm getting the photos in the live tile I have set up on the main screen. They are not present when I go in to the contacts list.

Grant Taylor3

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I think this has to do with Skype Preview. When it is enabled it pulls the contacts photo from Skype.

When you set Messaging to be the default it uses the photos you set for each contact.

RobbieRobski

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Sorry but I didn't read every post in this thread. But if you go to outlook.com and go to contacts I actually don't see that it's possible to add a contact photo through outlook.com

Am I blind?

Stiletto72

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi Grant. Yes, that's it. Still no sign of my LinkedIn photos.

Correction.
I have not seen Skype photos return at all. The photos I'm seeing in the large contacts live tile are some of my LinkedIn photos. But, they are still not present in my contacts when I click on the live tile.
Very odd behaviour.

Stiletto72

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi Grant. Yes, that's it. Still no sign of my LinkedIn photos.

Correction.
I have not seen Skype photos return at all. The photos I'm seeing in the large contacts live tile are some of my LinkedIn photos. But, they are still not present in my contacts when I click on the live tile.
Very odd behaviour.

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Contacts photos are back for me as well.
I had added photos again for few contacts. Those contacts are displaying new photos, while some contacts are now having old photos which I had added previously.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb