Windows 10 Phone Upgrade

Daniel Gandolfo

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have had an email this morning in my mailbox from Microsoft saying that Windows 10 Phone is now available to upgrade on Windows 8.1 phones.

When I upgrade to Windows 10 will I loose Here Drive and Here Maps as these are my go to GPS navigation apps which I think are very good. If Here Drive and Maps will not be included with Windows 10 phone then can anyone suggest the best GPS navigation app to use instead of Here Drive.

Thanks,

Nevica

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes the Here Maps and Here Drive apps will stop functioning when you upgrade to Windows 10 mobile.
There's the Microsoft Maps app which is similar to Here Maps and I believe favourites can be imported from Here Maps.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft will continue to use HERE Maps data but many questions remain | Windows Central

FWIW, Maps on W10M has turn by turn with voice and draws from the HERE database for its mapping. Yes you can download the same mapping data as HERE for offline nav with Maps. Also in W10M you can save maps to SD card.

You cannot download voicepacks to get a nav voice distinct from system voice.

You can import HERE Collections to Maps Favorites in the latest versions of Maps.

Our Blog has you covered with alternatives for W10M as well: Check out these great alternatives to HERE Maps for Windows 10 Mobile | Windows Central

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans