Slow wi-fi on WM10 Build 14393.189?

BrunelloMagni

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I have realised that when on wi-fi, the internet connection on my phone is awfully slow. Videos and pictures take ages to load, as well as webpages. Thought it was my internet connection, but it works fine on my home computers and even when I use the "Network Speed" app, the speed it shows is correct.

I've tried deleting my wi-fi connections and re-connecting, but that doesn't work.

Any idea on what could be wrong?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I have realised that when on wi-fi, the internet connection on my phone is awfully slow. Videos and pictures take ages to load, as well as webpages. Thought it was my internet connection, but it works fine on my home computers and even when I use the "Network Speed" app, the speed it shows is correct.

I've tried deleting my wi-fi connections and re-connecting, but that doesn't work.

Any idea on what could be wrong?

Open Edge and go to speedtest.net, and start it.
If the max down speed is slowest than other devices, thats a Ghz band problem (if you got a dual band router),
If max speed is the same, that's slow DNS response (you must clean your browser cache)

BrunelloMagni

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Open Edge and go to speedtest.net, and start it.
If the max down speed is slowest than other devices, thats a Ghz band problem (if you got a dual band router),
If max speed is the same, that's slow DNS response (you must clean your browser cache)

Thanks for the reply. I did some research and also apparently having your WiFi security in WPA2 only is important. So I cleared cache and changed my WiFi to WPA2 only. It certainly helped, cause I was having issues not only on websites but on Instagram, where the videos rarely loaded. Now it all seems to work fine, though some sites with embedded videos are still too slow but YouTube works perfectly.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I did some research and also apparently having your WiFi security in WPA2 only is important. So I cleared cache and changed my WiFi to WPA2 only. It certainly helped, cause I was having issues not only on websites but on Instagram, where the videos rarely loaded. Now it all seems to work fine, though some sites with embedded videos are still too slow but YouTube works perfectly.

Glad hearing that, I assumed you used WPA2 since is the only accepted security standard since a bit. Enjoy your phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett