Please Upvote this Intelligence Feature suggestion 😁

Sipho94

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I added a suggestion to the Feedback Hub on adding Intelligence to Windows 10 and Windows 10 mobile using the telemetry data Windows 10 already collects from users, as well as other data sources.

One of the examples I used was automatically turning WiFi on and off based on current location and location of trusted WiFi networks.

Another feature I suggested was automatically loading playlists into the media controls when headphones are connected to a Windows 10 device based on previous usage behaviour's.

Thank you so much for getting this far!!!

Here is the link: feedback-hub:?contextid=341&feedbackid=cdded44d-5cb8-43af-a94c-2b85e9118b27&form=2&src=2

Note: the link only seem to work on Windows 10 mobile.

Last edited:

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I used was automatically turning WiFi on and off based on current location and location of trusted WiFi networks.

this might stress out the battery as the device will have to check for location much more frequently or unless cortana can be integrate to it ,with location based tasks. +1.

Sipho94

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
There are more power efficient ways to determine location than using GPS, they may not be as accurate - but they can still be used in place of GPS ☺ . Using cellular towards could be an example, or the location of known WiFi networks.
Originally posted by abhishek singh21
Originally Posted by Sipho94
I used was automatically turning WiFi on and off based on current location and location of trusted WiFi networks.

this might stress out the battery as the device will have to check for location much more frequently or unless cortana can be integrate to it ,with location based tasks. +1.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Most people rarely turn off wifi. And if you turn it off in the action center it will turn back on in an hour. That's the default behaviour. You can go into the wifi settings and change it to a different time. You can also use NFC stickers to achieve setting changes. At least I know it can be done on android never tried on windows.

You can sort of do the headphones thing with the gadget app. My guess is it will become more featured as time moves on. Todays behaviour for bluetooth is if you are playing music through bluetooth and then you turn off your car and go do whatever, when you come back in it will continue playing. If you unplug headphones and plug them back in it wont. I actually prefer it doesn't continue playing with the headphones thing. I may be plugging them in to view a youtube video.

Sipho94

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
For me it is about convenience, why toggle a setting when your phone can do it for you? My mother for example hardly ever turns off radios like WiFi when she leaves the house (and they don't have WiFi at her work place) so that just wastes battery life. It would be nice to have the feature, people can choose to not use it. The time intervals are a little bit odd for me. My schedules aren't always that exact.

If they can implement the auto-loading of playlists using the gadget app then great...have them update the app. I think Windows 10 mobile isn't as user friendly as 8.1 was. So my suggestions were there to have the OS work for people, rather than people work to manipulate the OS.

And as I said before, if these features were made as options people could use them or not based on their preferences. I would love more automated features, I just couldn't think of more 😂.

Originally posted by Krystianpants
Most people rarely turn off wifi. And if you turn it off in the action center it will turn back on in an hour. That's the default behaviour. You can go into the wifi settings and change it to a different time. You can also use NFC stickers to achieve setting changes. At least I know it can be done on android never tried on windows.

You can sort of do the headphones thing with the gadget app. My guess is it will become more featured as time moves on. Todays behaviour for bluetooth is if you are playing music through bluetooth and then you turn off your car and go do whatever, when you come back in it will continue playing. If you unplug headphones and plug them back in it wont. I actually prefer it doesn't continue playing with the headphones thing. I may be plugging them in to view a youtube video.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

that used to be an option under w8.1, havent seen it on w10m and it definitely doesnt turn on until I explicitly tell it to

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
that used to be an option under w8.1, havent seen it on w10m and it definitely doesnt turn on until I explicitly tell it to

I can guarantee you that it is still the default behaviour. You may have set it to never in the settings at some point and now it doesn't work for you. I use this feature all the time so I know.

I turn it off often when I go out so it's not trying to constantly connect so it's a feature I use. I have used higher timers too but stick with 1 hour. Just tap the action button to turn it off and 1 hour later it's back on.

If it doesn't work for you, you're probably on some insider ring or something is up with your phone.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I can guarantee you that it is still the default behaviour. You may have set it to never in the settings at some point and now it doesn't work for you. I use this feature all the time so I know.

I turn it off often when I go out so it's not trying to constantly connect so it's a feature I use. I have used higher timers too but stick with 1 hour. Just tap the action button to turn it off and 1 hour later it's back on.

If it doesn't work for you, you're probably on some insider ring or something is up with your phone.

well I don't doubt you, its just that I never saw it again on any of my phones after getting TH2, as things go by microsoft it is probably disabled for me for some obscure reason, using US as region is not enough to have everything enabled I guess

Sipho94

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
In which case, wouldn't it be great to have it turn on automatically when you're in range? It's one of those nice to have features. But I just wish the OS was generally smarter about such functions.

Why don't we have a an Android Doze like feature? That just makes sense to me.
Originally posted by Chintan Gohel
I usually have wifi off since I don't have it at home or at work. I can only get it at a nearby cafe when I need it the most

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Back in WP 8.1 there used to be an option under Wi-Fi Sense to turn-on WiFi automatically when you were near your favorite place (marked as fav. in Maps). It is still present on my HTC 8X which is still on WP 8.1
I used this feature a lot, didn't have to manually turn Wi-Fi ON every time I arrived at home or at work. This worked through Geolocation and Cortana I believe. Wonder why they left it out in Windows Mobile 10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers