W10M - Microsoft Store

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone,
I have a problem, I can not buy from mobile Microsoft Store, via Tele2 Lithuania, when try to buy I get "Check if mobile data is turned on and try again. We couldn't connect to get authorization." Mobile data is turned on Wi-Fi is too, what am I missing?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,
I have a problem, I can not buy from mobile Microsoft Store, via Tele2 Lithuania, when try to buy I get "Check if mobile data is turned on and try again. We couldn't connect to get authorization." Mobile data is turned on Wi-Fi is too, what am I missing?

does your carrier support purchase of apps using cellular airtime?
And have you tried a soft reset?

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
does your carrier support purchase of apps using cellular airtime?
And have you tried a soft reset?

Yes it does, it was offered back in 2015 by Tele2.
and it is on the list: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/publish/mobile-operator-billing

Tried soft reset multiple times too, but I get "Check if mobile data is turned on and try again. We couldn't connect to get authorization." anyways.
I select payment method by carrier "Tele2 Lithuania", press buy and I get after couple of seconds I get that message. At the moment I am trying to buy CC Player Pro - 1.99€, my balance is okey, so that should not be a problem. Do I need to tweak something in Mobile Cellular or Sim settings, or I have to change a Region, which would be absolutely illogical, while I am trying to buy with Lithuanian carrier in Lithuania. I really don't get it, everything seems to be set-up.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
and it is on the list: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/publish/mobile-operator-billing

Tried soft reset multiple times too, but I get "Check if mobile data is turned on and try again. We couldn't connect to get authorization." anyways.
I select payment method by carrier "Tele2 Lithuania", press buy and I get after couple of seconds I get that message. At the moment I am trying to buy CC Player Pro - 1.99€, my balance is okey, so that should not be a problem. Do I need to tweak something in Mobile Cellular or Sim settings, or I have to change a Region, which would be absolutely illogical, while I am trying to buy with Lithuanian carrier in Lithuania. I really don't get it, everything seems to be set-up.

I'm not sure, maybe you can ask your carrier for any additional internet settings?
And there could be some settings in privacy - I found something on radios in privacy settings

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure, maybe you can ask your carrier for any additional internet settings?
And there could be some settings in privacy - I found something on radios in privacy settings

I think I tried everything, so i think it is either Region or Carrier problem, probably I have to pass this payment option and go for Card.

Thanks for your help.

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
prior to this have you bought any app through the same carrier?

No, I recently change (few weeks) to a new one and this is the first time I try to buy on this one. It should work, I updated all APN and MMS APN settings. But when ever I try to buy I get "Check if mobile data is turned on and try again. We couldn't connect to get authorization." Have no idea what is going and I am really pissed, because it is the easiest payment option.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
No, I recently change (few weeks) to a new one and this is the first time I try to buy on this one. It should work, I updated all APN and MMS APN settings. But when ever I try to buy I get "Check if mobile data is turned on and try again. We couldn't connect to get authorization." Have no idea what is going and I am really pissed, because it is the easiest payment option.

do you have to get authorisation from the carrier? Though with this question, even I sound desperate and silly :grincry:

Are you able to purchase any other app?

And when you say a new one, you mean new carrier but old phone?

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
do you have to get authorisation from the carrier? Though with this question, even I sound desperate and silly :grincry:
Are you able to purchase any other app?
And when you say a new one, you mean new carrier but old phone?
1. emmm, no I guess.
2. No, always same message.
3. Yes, new carrier, sim, on unlocked 950, which I got back in December.

Been changing APN settings, now I am getting different message: "Something went wrong. Please give it another try."

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
1. emmm, no I guess.
2. No, always same message.
3. Yes, new carrier, sim, on unlocked 950, which I got back in December.

Been changing APN settings, now I am getting different message: "Something went wrong. Please give it another try."

I'm thinking the store app might have latched on to your old SIM :grincry:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Dough! well then... lets leave it like that at least for now, gonna use MasterCard, it is kinda ridiculous that changing Sim causes this kind of issues.

I've never changed my SIM on any of my phones so the issue has never come up - I guess not a lot of people change SIMs frequently, unless you're in the vibrant countries like India where the telcom industry is crazy

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

I heard about this being google only, going to their website it confirms this.

Tele2 Sweden allows its customers to add purchases from Google Play store to the phone billTele2 Sweden has partnered up with Google to launch a carrier billing solution. Tele2 customers in Sweden can now purchase apps, music, films and books from the Google Play store and pay by receiving a Tele2 invoice.
The product will make purchases much easier through "one click" payments.

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
In my case, that should be the same, my carrier offers the same payment method, and on the carriers website it clearly stats what it works on Windows Phones, that is Microsoft Store.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
In my case, that should be the same, my carrier offers the same payment method, and on the carriers website it clearly stats what it works on Windows Phones, that is Microsoft Store.

From what you show with authorization failures it is the carrier rejecting it. And the site says they partnered with Google. I would call and tell them about the authorization issue. It worked with your previous carrier. It works with my carrier. I'm on the latest anniversary update build.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05