Lumia 735 can't share Contacts

joec78

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Since I installed Win10, I've lost the ability to share Contacts. In 8.1 the individual Contact had a share option, which is gone, or I could attach the Contact in a text or email. Now I can't send a Contact in texting at all and if I try to attach it in email, I get about 8 of my 200+ contacts. Also, I can't NFC them either. Anyone have a similar problem/fix?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Since I installed Win10, I've lost the ability to share Contacts. In 8.1 the individual Contact had a share option, which is gone, or I could attach the Contact in a text or email. Now I can't send a Contact in texting at all and if I try to attach it in email, I get about 8 of my 200+ contacts. Also, I can't NFC them either. Anyone have a similar problem/fix?

Have you checked for app updates?
I can share contacts via different means without issue
Also check for OS updates

And check in settings > privacy to see if apps can access your contacts

joec78

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for responding, Chintan. All apps in Privacy/Contacts are set to ON. OS is up to date (VZ) 14393.189. Tried the "factory reset" option a month ago for other problems but didn't notice if this was one of them. Most of those were fixed, so I'm thinking of of biting the bullet and doing it again. I miss 8.1, it was a great device then.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for responding, Chintan. All apps in Privacy/Contacts are set to ON. OS is up to date (VZ) 14393.189. Tried the "factory reset" option a month ago for other problems but didn't notice if this was one of them. Most of those were fixed, so I'm thinking of of biting the bullet and doing it again. I miss 8.1, it was a great device then.

I tried adding contact via sms, it worked
In email app, adding contacts to the send to field: I can only see contacts that have email accounts

What about app update for people app in the store? .

joec78

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I've since tried the nuclear option-twice. One without Microsoft backup, basically a fresh start, which introduced other problems, and the second with the backup before I started all this to get back to where I was. At this point, I give up. I have no other Win Phone options with Verizon, so next time it's IOS or Android, which is disappointing because I prefer the Win UI. Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99