To feedback suggestions still not addressed

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Checking through feedback hub, several suggestions till have not been addressed such as

Photos app loading slowly : 8536 upvotes
Battery drain : 7579 upvotes
Dark theme for mails : 5250
Circle contact pictures not wanted - 4615 upvotes
Close all button for task manager:4501 votes
Need square pictures - 4077
Restart option 3250 upvotes

And so on

What is happening with all this feedback? There are a few high number suggestions that have got implemented but so many have not

Should they receive 10000 votes for MS to take notice? The circle pictures already have more than 10000 votes though spread out with different suggestions

Canjok

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I know most of you think different, but I think the concept of the feedback hub doesn't work out.
From my experience it is only good for bug reports and most of the feedback which microsoft has listened to, was feedback regarding to things microsoft would have implemented anyways. Also the feedbacks where Microsoft has listened to are not deleted from the feedback app. For me, as a person who has given much feedback, it already became frustrating to make new feedbacks. Sometimes it seems Microsoft sets wrong (my opinion!) priorities. At the moment, for example, I find the implementation of the media and app volume extremely frustrating in everyday use. This also gets a lot of attention in feedback. As you can see, Microsofts handling of the OS breaks the system even further, as features they delete, again obtain many votes in the feedback.
Of course, there are also Problems from the user. For example: Battery drain is too general how should Microsoft know when a user is satisfied? When the System never needs a recharge? (exaggaration of course xD ) The same goes with photos app loading slowly. There I find it more frustrating that it's always loading the pictures at start.

I think you might get what I want to express.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
its called "suggestion" for a reason, it means they take it into account, not that they will do whatever insiders say, they have their plan, and they can sometimes do things as requested if they are aligned with the plan

see the onedrive placeholders debate, I would say the userbase was split between having it or not having it, so now they will implement a compromise

btw if you ever saw the skype's community forums, maaan, they outright refused doing what the entire community wanted: dark theme, instead they trolled users by including a so called "high contrast" mode for the wp app which made everything black&white because some users were so desperate for it they argued about users with vision disabilities that made using a white themed app a bad experience , they told users that skype had to keep its distinctive cyan and white theme, among other requests which were ignored or rejected

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
its called "suggestion" for a reason, it means they take it into account, not that they will do whatever insiders say, they have their plan, and they can sometimes do things as requested if they are aligned with the plan

see the onedrive placeholders debate, I would say the userbase was split between having it or not having it, so now they will implement a compromise

btw if you ever saw the skype's community forums, maaan, they outright refused doing what the entire community wanted: dark theme, instead they trolled users by including a so called "high contrast" mode for the wp app which made everything black&white because some users were so desperate for it they argued about users with vision disabilities that made using a white themed app a bad experience , they told users that skype had to keep its distinctive cyan and white theme, among other requests which were ignored or rejected

But if it's a highly requested feature, then what is their though process on that? It's not that we're asking impossible features, just things that should either return or improve

neutropia

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
But if it's a highly requested feature, then what is their though process on that? It's not that we're asking impossible features, just things that should either return or improve

Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if their team is very limited in capacity at this point and are primarily focused on squashing bugs. They may not have the workforce to create/change features...

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
^that and the fact that even though it may seem trivial from user's perspective, it may be a total nightmare to actually implement in actual coding and doesnt make sense at all, see how features like quiet hours are tied to cortana which is tied to region and so on, the fact that it works that in way in the first place is a matter for another discussion but you get the idea

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if their team is very limited in capacity at this point and are primarily focused on squashing bugs. They may not have the workforce to create/change features...

they are changing and adding features, it's just that there's no pattern to what they focus on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos