10-09-2016 03:26 PM
66 123
tools
    It's potentially worth giving Opera's browser a re-try now, as their newer version has some good features centrally within the browser, including ad-blocking, which I really like. Their desktop browser now has VPN within it but I don't know if that will migrate to mobiles in future, as nice as it would be.
    I was using it on and off but at some point they removed the disable images option so I left it completely then. Disable images is a core browser feature for me, I don't like using any browser without it. They also had an issue where you could only go back about 5 pages when with UC browser I can go back 10
    10-03-2016 11:52 PM
    Ditto on One Note, use it once a week for shopping, handy when my wife (iPhone) and me can sync on the fly while in the store, keeps us up-to-date and in the moment.

Camera is high on my priority list, having the ability to generate a panorama (w/options) at an instant is a plus, WP doesn't offer much there.

Using Android we are finding many apps I use are much more feature rich than what WP is offering, feels so stark in comparison.

Own a smart watch, leaves WP out of the picture right there or at least for the "time" being lol.

The overall ability to have a hassle free update/upgrade process with minimal intervention and, NO hard resets required as a necessity. The latter seems to have become a prerequisite for WP and to me, that's all wrong. If in my experience, others can do it then why can't MS, this was never as prevalent in the past so why now?... I cringe when updates arrive cuz we know much time will be spent getting things back into shape if we do.

Don't like the fact when problems arise it feels like we're looking for a needle in a haystack, all too often there's more questions than answers and all too often, this exact scenario repeats itself.

Could go on and on but think that's enough for now.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Panorama is now a standard feature of Windows 10 mobile (integrated in the camera app).
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    10-04-2016 06:15 AM
    Panorama is now a standard feature of Windows 10 mobile (integrated in the camera app).
    Yep, one direction and one orientation (portrait) only... In general things are getting there but at a very very slow pace.

10-04-2016 07:13 AM
    Yep, one direction and one orientation (portrait) only... In general things are getting there but at a very very slow pace.

in a lot of cases, the pace is determined by the fact that the development encompasses all windows 10 devices such as tablets and mobiles. So the mobile branch of things has to move at the same pace as pc. In some cases this is good as we get pc features faster than we would have otherwise. But in some cases it's slower since the pc part is slower - contact picture circles is one good example of this

Then again, they don't have many people working on mobile really since it's such a small part of the team
    10-04-2016 08:16 AM
    Features are coming faster, in one sense, but at what expense? I'm just saying cuz we do notice new additions but then for some reason MS seems to break two others whilst their at it, it's a viscous circle that never seems to end.

I'm NO expert in software programing or the like but have to really wonder what MS was thinking when they introduced 10. One thing I've noticed being prevalent amongst app developers is that many state the APIs w/W10M are too restrictive which doesn't allow for this or that blah blah blah, why is that?

All in all it is hard to take WM seriously anymore and even the PC side of things has me questioning "Windows". If they have minimal personnel working on the mobile side as you say then that's a pretty good sign how serious they are/aren't. Since 10s inception Windows anything just seems to be falling short becoming just a big pain in the ars for me.
    CraigCole likes this.
    10-04-2016 10:04 AM

That's logic, portrait means higher vertical reolution for processing alignement (top / bottom dynamic cutting), it works on all apps like that.

Sincerely I don't know any panorama app working anticlockwise
    10-04-2016 10:09 AM
    Sincerely I don't know any panorama app working anticlockwise
    On my LG G4 and S7 they can go right/left/up/down either in landscape or portrait.
    Guytronic likes this.
    10-04-2016 10:33 AM
    Landscape panorama if you are rotating horizontally isn't useful.
    But if what you want is to create something more akin to a 360 image maybe you can use some of the other apps in the store, like photosynth.
    Maurizio Troso likes this.
    10-04-2016 10:37 AM
    On my LG G4 and S7 they can go right/left/up/down either in landscape or portrait.
    A panorama in landscape has no sense, tiny and very long.
    Consider MS panorama uses only tilt sensor for a wider phones compatibility
    10-04-2016 11:09 AM
    Definitely makes sense, less movement gets you more in landscape when we're talking about the horizontal plane, where I come from most panoramas are from left to right or vice versa. The vertical aspect can be great too if you are close to a subject. The point being, different situations may benefit from additional settings or options so there's a choice, MS decided we can have any colour as long as it's black

libra89 likes this.
    10-04-2016 12:19 PM
    for a user with limited dependency on their smartphone will find satisfaction in an OS ( windows phone) , but with those handling their smartphone as a complete lifeline to their daily routine will definitely struggle or get fed up. The ones who likes to try new apps frequently will again be dissatisfied with windows phone. I had a limited number of apps as well, with a few apps missing because of unavailability , and i was satisfied. But as i have moved to android i am feeling like being on top of the food-chain with every app available for any task.
    10-05-2016 07:22 AM
    Whenever I see this thread title I think to myself "Give it time".
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    10-05-2016 10:06 AM
    Hate to say it but web browsing using Chrome on the Note is much snappier than browsing on the 950 using Edge.
    That's because you're comparing 64bit vs 32bit. Wouldn't that clearly suggest an improvement in one over the other.
    10-07-2016 06:03 AM
    That's because you're comparing 64bit vs 32bit. Wouldn't that clearly suggest an improvement in one over the other.
    Nah, I'd bet its because of Edge.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-07-2016 12:42 PM
    Windows 10 mobile hasn't let me down in fact it has converted me over from Android. Having used an Android device for a decade most recently a Samsung Note 5 I prefer the windows OS over Android. It's easier and more familiar. Settings exactly like my surface, laptop and desktop. Windows 10 mobile has every app I need except MLB at bat. But I can live with out it. I am not a big app guy other than One Note and One Drive. I use those daily for business. But everyone is different. Some use the device for everything. I use my 950 XL as a phone. Talk, text, check email, send emails, stream music once in a while, watch the occasional video and some light work if I am on the road. For this type of use It's perfect. If you need an app for everything you might be disappointed. I still don't understand why everyone needs an app for everything is it that hard to pin the webpage to your start screen. I do that for YouTube and it faster than any YouTube app in the store. But that's what makes the world go around.
    HeyCori and Chintan Gohel like this.
    10-09-2016 03:02 PM
    sadly there are too many things it can't do, an with apps leaving the store, i'm finally going Android. Been a MS fan / fighter for many years, my battle is over.
    CraigCole and joec78 like this.
    10-09-2016 03:26 PM
66 123