Very frustrated about outlook people contacts

Orlando Parkinson

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
It's the second time since this has happened to me (all me contact images just disappeared from the people app) to make sure it wasn't the phone giving trouble, i did a reboot... Still no good results... I everything log into my account on my computer.. An still there were no contact images.. Just name and number! No I'll have to go through the trouble again to add back images to my contacts. 😕

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
It's the second time since this has happened to me (all me contact images just disappeared from the people app) to make sure it wasn't the phone giving trouble, i did a reboot... Still no good results... I everything log into my account on my computer.. An still there were no contact images.. Just name and number! No I'll have to go through the trouble again to add back images to my contacts. 

There already a 3ad, it happened after a big update of People app first then Outlook second. You must relink people accounts in People app, then enabling all your lists. People app can try linkin some of them with very identical names but others needs user access.
After linked your contacts all togheter (outlook, skype, faceook,....) you'll see profile photos. And after some hours , Live tille will start working too

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
You people have to understand, that it's not a problem with the people app or the phone. MS migrated outlook.com to the new version and for many people (like me, my girlfriend, and quite a few others here) the profile pictures of the live.com/outlook.com/.... account got deleted.
I hope it can be fixed. We will see. A few days ago I could access outlook.live.com/people/.... There were my contacts but without their profile pictures. Now I can't seem to open outlook.live.com/people at all

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
You people have to understand, that it's not a problem with the people app or the phone. MS migrated outlook.com to the new version and for many people (like me, my girlfriend, and quite a few others here) the profile pictures of the live.com/outlook.com/.... account got deleted.
I hope it can be fixed. We will see. A few days ago I could access outlook.live.com/people/.... There were my contacts but without their profile pictures. Now I can't seem to open outlook.live.com/people at all

and there has been no fix for that yet and no word from MS or anything in the WC site :grincry:

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Did you attempt to make the Skype Preview app your main SMS app or did you let your contacts sync with Skype Preview?

I did this just a couple of days ago and noticed that my contact pictures synced away :(

If so, then we can surmise that making the Skype Preview app messes with our Outlook contact pictures.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Did you attempt to make the Skype Preview app your main SMS app or did you let your contacts sync with Skype Preview?

I did this just a couple of days ago and noticed that my contact pictures synced away :(

If so, then we can surmise that making the Skype Preview app messes with our Outlook contact pictures.

I don't have Skype installed

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Not sure if it matters but I've always used people.live.com

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
There is no way to bring them back, had a chat with MS support about this issue, and they said an update had caused and although it will work fine going forward, the information was lost and not recoverable.

I was burned twice by this, and I'm not willing to put the time and effort in all over again, just in case they do this again in the future... for the third time!

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
There is no way to bring them back, had a chat with MS support about this issue, and they said an update had caused and although it will work fine going forward, the information was lost and not recoverable.

I was burned twice by this, and I'm not willing to put the time and effort in all over again, just in case they do this again in the future... for the third time!

wow - just wow! :angry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)