Thought of trying out onenote on mobile, again

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have 14393.221 installed on my lumia 540

Keep hearing about onenote, even though I still don't have any need for it, I thought of trying it out, again, for the third time. The first time was when we were still trying out insider builds, somewhere around 10572

That time I could not get it to work offline, it had to be online for it to work which was redundant for me

This time around - this is what happened
  • I opened the app - it asked me to log in. Not a good sign but there's no option, is there?
  • After log in, it searched for some time for any past notes - you won't find anything there :wink:
  • Got in to the app, switched off my data.
  • Then went into settings > options > sync onenote between devices - switch off - what's the point?
  • Then I create my first onenote or note - something like that.
  • Gave it a title, some random text - the fonts look great by the way
  • Exited the app, restarted my device
  • Went into onenote again, and I can still access and edit that note. So that's score one to MS for finally listening to feedback on this

Now I need to find 10 compelling reasons to use onenote. I've done well without it for this long, so why use it now?

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
If you don't keep notes, then u don't need it.
You can use it as a todo list, or shopping list, add items with checkboxes and tick them off when done, its more useful on PC where u make a quick note and that's it, no need to save. unlike a notepad or word

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
it works very well for taking classes where all you do is type a list of questions, go home, answer them on pc, go back, discuss with the class

my problems with it are: lack of black theme, no way to disable or adjust autocorrect highlighting my text in red

on 8.1 it was barebones but it NEVER failed me, it felt like magic, so seamless, after w10m it failed me once thanks to w10m being a trainwreck in general so now I make sure everything works from time to time just in case, in 8.1 I never had to worry and yes it has always worked offline for me

btw I dont carry notebooks or bags or anything to class, its become totally useless and a waste of time compared to how convenient and easy onenote is

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99