Feedback Hub will not update

General Confusion

May 29, 2016
Visit site
When I check for updates in Store it comes showing an update for Feedback hub.
When I try to install the update it downloads to about halfway through and then shows 'Error- See Details'

All I am able to do is click on the error message and it goes through exactly the same sequence. I have tried uninstalling feedback hub from my phone and it will not allow me to move it or uninstall it.

Any suggestions please?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Does your phone have an SD card? is your phone set to install new apps on the SD instead of the phone?

If so, close the store > change the default install location to phone > wait a bit and try again

coolj40041

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
I just fixed this error on my 640 with other core apps like gestures and motion, you don't need to switch Install New Apps to This Device, just the individual app.

Here is what you need to do: Go to Settings-System-Storage. Tap SD Card. Tap Apps & Games. You will see the list of apps installed on your SD Card. Tap on the app that is giving you the error and Tap "Move". Then choose "This Device". Once its finished moving it will disappear from the list. After it is moved, go back to the store and restart the update, it should work.

General Confusion

May 29, 2016
Visit site
My phone is set to save new apps to the phone.

The app already on my SD card will not allow me to move it or uninstall it. Both options are greyed out.

Is there a way to delete it from the SD card via my PC?

coolj40041

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
My phone is set to save new apps to the phone.

The app already on my SD card will not allow me to move it or uninstall it. Both options are greyed out.

Is there a way to delete it from the SD card via my PC?

What you could do is just take the sd card out and see if it reinstalls onto your phone (I really don't know if it will). Otherwise you will have to do a hard reset.

On my 640 I've learned that after a hard reset, I have to hurry to the store and turn off automatic updates in the settings and stop the updates already in progress. I seem to get those error messages if I don't restart the phone after one of those apps updates and asks for a restart before moving on to the next update. In other words, I manually update them one at a time and restart if it requires before manually starting the next update. Again this only affects core OS apps (those apps that have a gear as it's icon, or Lumia specific apps). The other, non core apps, I just update all at once (like the office apps, game apps, etc.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett