Screen time limit for my daughter's phone is not working

Nokialover2016

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
My daughter has Lumia 640 with Windows Mobile 10 installed, version 10.0.14393.221 (Insider, Release Preview). I want to limit her screen time on her phone, so I wanted to use Family option in Microsoft Account. I created new MS account for her and registered phone to her account. Then I add her as family to my MS account.
Then in family settings, I set allowable screen time as such:
ce69b2bb-8330-41ab-afad-0d706a57f5da.png

If I understand logic behind this correctly, I set, for example for Sunday, allowable screen time to 2 hours between 7AM and 10PM.
When I get report for her activity, it is quite evident that limits do not work.
ce69b2bb-8330-41ab-afad-0d706a57f5db.png

Any ideas, what am I doing wrong?
Is screen time limiting suported on phones at all?
I already posted this on MS Community, but got no answer.

Thanks.
Tomaz

v_emman

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure, but I don't know if screen time limit is working on phones. A phone is an always-on device, and one that we depend on for communication and emergency. How can you limit screen time on it?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
My daughter has Lumia 640 with Windows Mobile 10 installed, version 10.0.14393.221 (Insider, Release Preview). I want to limit her screen time on her phone, so I wanted to use Family option in Microsoft Account. I created new MS account for her and registered phone to her account. Then I add her as family to my MS account.
Then in family settings, I set allowable screen time as such:
View attachment 130898

If I understand logic behind this correctly, I set, for example for Sunday, allowable screen time to 2 hours between 7AM and 10PM.
When I get report for her activity, it is quite evident that limits do not work.
View attachment 130899

Any ideas, what am I doing wrong?
Is screen time limiting suported on phones at all?
I already posted this on MS Community, but got no answer.

Thanks.
Tomaz

Check in Settings -> Background if that app is always allowed

Nokialover2016

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
I searched for ya. Screen limits does not apply to WP.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...phone-10/de7d66bd-bebb-45be-adac-a2da7131e253
It's eerie, the person who asked the question has a daughter who uses a lumia 640. I'm surprised she hates iPhones. WP is supposed to be for old people right?

Hi,
thanks for answer. I found that too after I asked question here.
Disappointed. It's no problem to limit screen time on PC, plenty of SW for that, but nothing for WP, it seems. And phone usage is much harder to control than PC usage.
BTW, she doesn't hate apples, but my wallet does :wink:.
In fact, she's quite satisfied with 640 and WP, really easy to use and she got quite good phone for bargain.
But, I had high hopes for family features, like one in the subject. Common sense implementation would be to limit app and internet usage, but allow normal calls and SMS. So, no problems with emergencies. But, WP going in "enterprise only" direction, it would never be implemented.

vezycash

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Common sense implementation would be to limit app and internet usage, but allow normal calls and SMS. So, no problems with emergencies. But, WP going in "enterprise only" direction, it would never be implemented.
These days, common sense is too too much to ask of MS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6