How long does it take whatsapp beta features to arrive to the general users?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
One of the exciting features being developed by whatsapp is backing up chats to onedrive

It's been a couple of weeks since I heard of that. How long does it usually take for the beta app features to arrive to the general users of the app?

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
they were testing documents sending and now we have it. So how long did that take? Trying to get an estimate

Yeah, I really really need it! I want to do 2 things, first reset the phone, and switch to the beta version. But won't do until the OneDrive backup comes to the regular WhatsApp. I check for the updates everyday.. lol..

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
it could take months or weeks, i never made a timeline. we could take an average out if someone has a timeline of features first available on BETA then brought on to the public version.

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
How to restore media from backup? I backup up to OneDrive. Deleted all the backup from my SD card. Uninstalled the official version. Reboot. Installed the beta. It restored only chats, lost all of my media. It sucks!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
How to restore media from backup? I backup up to OneDrive. Deleted all the backup from my SD card. Uninstalled the official version. Reboot. Installed the beta. It restored only chats, lost all of my media. It sucks!

I don't think it was going to support media backup -only texts.

And it's here, the onedrive backup feature

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I don't think it was going to support media backup -only texts.

And it's here, the onedrive backup feature

It does backup media as well. But beta and non-beta versions store backups on different folders, so not interchangeable. You can see the backups if you log in OneDrive on PC.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
It does backup media as well. But beta and non-beta versions store backups on different folders, so not interchangeable. You can see the backups if you log in OneDrive on PC.

I see, I haven't updated the app yet and I don't have the beta - maybe I'll get wifi tomorrow to do the updates

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720