One of the exciting features being developed by whatsapp is backing up chats to onedrive

It's been a couple of weeks since I heard of that. How long does it usually take for the beta app features to arrive to the general users of the app?
    10-05-2016 06:05 AM
    It depends on the feedback they get , and until they reach a build which satisfies their benchmarks.
    10-05-2016 06:50 AM
    It depends on the feedback they get , and until they reach a build which satisfies their benchmarks.
    they were testing documents sending and now we have it. So how long did that take? Trying to get an estimate
    10-05-2016 07:54 AM
    they were testing documents sending and now we have it. So how long did that take? Trying to get an estimate
    Yeah, I really really need it! I want to do 2 things, first reset the phone, and switch to the beta version. But won't do until the OneDrive backup comes to the regular WhatsApp. I check for the updates everyday.. lol..
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    10-05-2016 08:35 AM
    it could take months or weeks, i never made a timeline. we could take an average out if someone has a timeline of features first available on BETA then brought on to the public version.
    10-05-2016 08:53 AM
    How to restore media from backup? I backup up to OneDrive. Deleted all the backup from my SD card. Uninstalled the official version. Reboot. Installed the beta. It restored only chats, lost all of my media. It sucks!
    10-07-2016 01:46 AM
    How to restore media from backup? I backup up to OneDrive. Deleted all the backup from my SD card. Uninstalled the official version. Reboot. Installed the beta. It restored only chats, lost all of my media. It sucks!
    I don't think it was going to support media backup -only texts.

And it's here, the onedrive backup feature
    10-07-2016 05:35 AM
    I don't think it was going to support media backup -only texts.

And it's here, the onedrive backup feature
    It does backup media as well. But beta and non-beta versions store backups on different folders, so not interchangeable. You can see the backups if you log in OneDrive on PC.
    10-07-2016 07:28 AM
    It does backup media as well. But beta and non-beta versions store backups on different folders, so not interchangeable. You can see the backups if you log in OneDrive on PC.
    I see, I haven't updated the app yet and I don't have the beta - maybe I'll get wifi tomorrow to do the updates
    10-07-2016 11:51 PM