Reality check....

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Ive been a fan for a long time, my trusty 1020 serves me well.

I look at what is happening and there is no point fighting for the sake of fighting. The following features are not ready and not in demand, in time perhaps but not today.

Continuum - No business can leverage an untested, basic technology that doesn't deliver the same experience, yes they are improving it slowly, no no ones going to use it.

Cortana - Outside of the fan base, NO ONE in the real world tells their phone what to do (small % maybe) same goes for Siri, its a gimmick and habits are hard to change, especially if your on a train and dont want to annoy and tell everyone around you about your appointments, notes, thoughts and reminders, again in the real world...Not used.

So this brings me to Windows. Some one on another article said it doesn't matter about hardware if the apps are not there, and no one in their right mind can disagree. A lot of Apps are leaving, simply due to the 1% market share of this mobile platform. It WILL change in time due to Onecore and UWP Apps and the amount of traction the X3 and Surface Phone get into enterprise space.

This leads to a cold hard fact....for an easy life where everything just works on hardware running not the best OS its either Apple or Google. And that ladies and gentleman, is the cold hard truth.

ubizmo

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Cortana - Outside of the fan base, NO ONE in the real world tells their phone what to do (small % maybe) same goes for Siri, its a gimmick and habits are hard to change, especially if your on a train and dont want to annoy and tell everyone around you about your appointments, notes, thoughts and reminders, again in the real world...Not used.

I don't disagree with most of what you wrote, but I'd like to say that I use Cortana et al. on my devices for a few things: creating calendar items and setting one-time alarms. My wife often uses OK Google for navigation purposes.

I wish one of these robots could obey the simple command "Silence phone for two hours (or until 4 o'clock or whatever)" but so far none of them can do it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven