WhatsApp latest version 'resuming...' everytime

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
WhatsApp has always been poorly designed for WindowsPhone. It has aways been loading/resuming.

Stop fretting. it's not the OS fault. It's up to the developers to fix it.

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Don't know what happened to yours but when I used WDRT to reset my DS L950XL and reinstalled WA, over 20,000 msgs came right back. Was so very shocked because normally all it does from backup is restore my chat groups and the last 1/2 msgs within those chats.

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
WhatsApp Beta updated to 2.16.244 and the app seems snappy again on my 950. Install the beta or wait a bit, I'm sure they will push out soon.

gowtham saarthy

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Use what the developer gifted us. Don't just whine that there is a fault, here is a fault for simple things. The WhatsApp is one of the few devs that continuously support All the operating systems similarly. What is wrong if there is resume screen here and there. It is fault of OS may be. I rolled back to FULLY FINISHED WINDOWS PHONE 8.1 DENIM were I don't see this issues.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Don't know what happened to yours but when I used WDRT to reset my DS L950XL and reinstalled WA, over 20,000 msgs came right back. Was so very shocked because normally all it does from backup is restore my chat groups and the last 1/2 msgs within those chats.

Interesting, I've wiped my phones quite a few times over the last year or so and have never had conversations come back in WhatsApp.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
It's not working properly in other ways as well, I just opened WhatsApp and two messages suddenly came through that had been sent some time ago. How does one get the beta version?

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
WhatsApp Beta updated to 2.16.244 and the app seems snappy again on my 950. Install the beta or wait a bit, I'm sure they will push out soon.

Hello, the beta version also shows 'resuming' to me. Lumia 730. I am on beta for time being, as it will the first to get updated to solve the issue. But I still don't get why some phones are having issues and some are not.

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Use what the developer gifted us. Don't just whine that there is a fault, here is a fault for simple things. The WhatsApp is one of the few devs that continuously support All the operating systems similarly. What is wrong if there is resume screen here and there. It is fault of OS may be. I rolled back to FULLY FINISHED WINDOWS PHONE 8.1 DENIM were I don't see this issues.

Yes, we ARE USING what the developer gifted us. This is not whining, this is bug reporting.

See, I am a developer myself. Have one app in the store, Strawberry Weather. When people e-mail me, or put a review on the store saying something is not working and there is a bug, I don't think that Windows users are whining about it. Instead, I squash the bug. In fact, I encourage people to bug report me more, as it helps in making the app better and better. And in return, the people change the review to 5 star mostly after fixing bugs. So, when people contact the devs, it gives them the feeling that their app is being used and loved on the daily basis. They try to make it even better.

And switching back to 8.1 is not an option. We can't use updated Office apps, Outlook apps on 8.1. Also, I am a UWP developer, so 8.1 is no-go.

What I would suggest is, if you are facing the issue, please let WhatsApp know about it in a polite way. Also, the previous version was a lot faster without any 'resuming' screen. So, it's obvious for people to expect the same kind of behavior continued.

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Interesting, I've wiped my phones quite a few times over the last year or so and have never had conversations come back in WhatsApp.

It backs up the chats very well, but sent media doesn't get restored within the app. So after reinstalling, when I click on an message containing an image, sent by me, it says, 'media files doesn't exist'. It is very annoying.

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
There was new update ,now updating to WhatsApp,will post and let you all know if it's better

I am on beta for time being. Beta updated today to let you mention a specific person in a group with @ prefix. It hasn't solved the 'resuming' issue yet. But I am reinstalling it to see if it makes any difference.

And please let us know if the official version has solved the 'resuming' issue. Try to uninstall, reboot, reinstall. I am doing this with the beta version right now.

white_Shadoww

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
WhatsApp beta v2.16.262

* Removed all contacts pane, it now has chats, calls and favorites only
* Added video calling

The 'resuming...' bug is still present, but it's good to see new features added.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire